Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Recertification

Hi Everyone,
I’m not really working in childcare any longer, but I have a question about something related.
A family member, who is not really known to be great at looking into things, told me her child’s daycare was closed for 2 weeks for ‘ recertification’. I thought that was odd. I never saw that mentioned any place that a center, home daycare or similar needing to close for that. Any truth or does she need to find out more ?
Old 07-14-2021, 09:21 AM
Day Care Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Songs View Post
Hi Everyone,
I’m not really working in childcare any longer, but I have a question about something related.
A family member, who is not really known to be great at looking into things, told me her child’s daycare was closed for 2 weeks for ‘ recertification’. I thought that was odd. I never saw that mentioned any place that a center, home daycare or similar needing to close for that. Any truth or does she need to find out more ?

My guess is that one she needs to get things updated before her inspection or Two, she was inspected and has to update things to get relicensed/ recertification.

I may be tempted to do something like that one day, closing to revamp just before an inspection so that I could get everything done and out of the way with one inspection versus having them come out in additional time.

https://forum.daycare.com
Old 07-14-2021, 11:55 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Maybe her background check lapsed? It gets confusing, some times they are good for 2-5 years, other times it is only 1 year.

** If a longtime provider here were to lapse they would have to go back to trade school for a TCC or finish a CDA online program/inspection. Then they would have to complete 10 hours of State Orientation and 40 hours of Directors training. All of that was added after 2012, so anyone grandfathered in would pretty much have to start back over at the beginning to get their license back. To get all of that done in two weeks would be a marathon, but is possible.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default director credentials renewal in Florida

Hello am in need to renew my director credentials please any advise for me here in Hillsborough county, FL.

Tags
recertification