Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Does This Sound Reasonable?
Controlled Chaos 01:37 PM 09-08-2015
So I have a set of twins who come 2 days a week. I have enjoyed part time families in the past but haven't been able to fill one of the MWF spots around them in the 6 months they have been with me. I have another PT family wanting to switch to fulltime and a sibling waiting to join full time...

I am panning on giving the dcps of the twin a letter the first week of October letting them know that will be the last month I can provide care. I feel bad as this family is AWESOME! They are seriously the best and I feel bummed out losing them, but it seems to make the most business sense. I have so many FT families on the wait list, I think I am going to discontinue doing PT care for a while, I think it will also make planning preschool easier too.

"Dear DCF,
I have absolutely loved providing childcare for your family. Unfortunately, I have discovered that offering part time care is not working for my business. As of XX date I will no longer be able to care for Tom and Jim and you will need to find alternate care".

What do you think? I would normally offer them a fulltime spot, but the family wanting to move to FT has been with me longer, as has the family with sibling waiting for a spot.

Thanks for your eyes.
Unregistered 02:00 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
So I have a set of twins who come 2 days a week. I have enjoyed part time families in the past but haven't been able to fill one of the MWF spots around them in the 6 months they have been with me. I have another PT family wanting to switch to fulltime and a sibling waiting to join full time...

I am panning on giving the dcps of the twin a letter the first week of October letting them know that will be the last month I can provide care. I feel bad as this family is AWESOME! They are seriously the best and I feel bummed out losing them, but it seems to make the most business sense. I have so many FT families on the wait list, I think I am going to discontinue doing PT care for a while, I think it will also make planning preschool easier too.

"Dear DCF,
I have absolutely loved providing childcare for your family. Unfortunately, I have discovered that offering part time care is not working for my business. As of XX date I will no longer be able to care for Tom and Jim and you will need to find alternate care".

What do you think? I would normally offer them a fulltime spot, but the family wanting to move to FT has been with me longer, as has the family with sibling waiting for a spot.

Thanks for your eyes.
I would offer the full time space(s) to the family with the twins first before enrolling any new families. If they decline, then let them know that X month will be the last month you can provide care.
midaycare 02:24 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would offer the full time space(s) to the family with the twins first before enrolling any new families. If they decline, then let them know that X month will be the last month you can provide care.
This
Controlled Chaos 02:44 PM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I normally would but a part time family that has been here longer asked to go full time and then that only leaves one full time spot which doesn't help the twins and I have a sibling of a long time dcf is waiting on a full time spot too.

It just stinks. I need more spots lol
Reply Up