Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Fees Do You Charge?
williams2008 05:31 AM 05-07-2013
Good morning all!!!

What fees do you charge when enrolling a child?
LaLa1923 07:08 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
Good morning all!!!

What fees do you charge when enrolling a child?
none! Sorry, I'm not any help. I know some around here charge fees but I don't.
Crystal 07:13 AM 05-07-2013
None here either.
BBDC 07:38 AM 05-07-2013
I charge an enrollemnt fee of 25 dollars and then of course two week notice payment when comes first day. (goes towards last two weeks notice) I also charge if hold spot (so 60 dollars a month if holding spot).
wdmmom 07:52 AM 05-07-2013
I charge a one time enrollment fee of $50 and a supply fee annually of $50 plus anywhere from a 2-4 week deposit.

The supplies cover the costs of toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, extra diapers and wipes, spare clothing/jackets, new supplies as they become necessary, arts and crafts, etc.
williams2008 08:20 AM 05-07-2013
I also charge and enrollment fee, mine is $35 along with their first weeks rate and a additional fee to cover their last week of care. The reason I asked is because I interviewed this one parent who thought having to pay $195 to enroll her dcg into daycare was out of the ordinary. She had me thinking I was doing something wrong
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 05-07-2013
I don't charge any type of registration or enrollment fee either. I used to but have since simplified things to where I don't feel it's necessary anymore since the sole reason I did it in the first place was to offset the costs associated with a new enrollment such as paperwork and copies of my handbook etc.
LaLa1923 08:32 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't charge any type of registration or enrollment fee either. I used to but have since simplified things to where I don't feel it's necessary anymore since the sole reason I did it in the first place was to offset the costs associated with a new enrollment such as paperwork and copies of my handbook etc.

so what was your solution??
Starburst 09:00 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by williams2008:
I also charge and enrollment fee, mine is $35 along with their first weeks rate and a additional fee to cover their last week of care. The reason I asked is because I interviewed this one parent who thought having to pay $195 to enroll her dcg into daycare was out of the ordinary. She had me thinking I was doing something wrong
It could just be that other daycares in your area don't charge an enrollment (or registration) fee. Do you explain what the enrollment fee is for? Paperwork (the paper and ink), art supplies, learning materials, etc.
williams2008 09:15 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
It could just be that other daycares in your area don't charge an enrollment (or registration) fee. Do you explain what the enrollment fee is for? Paperwork (the paper and ink), art supplies, learning materials, etc.
Maybe that's it!

Yes, I explain it to them and my contract also cover what the additional fees are for. The additional fee is to cover their last week of care in case they decide to up and leave. Her response was "what if I don't up and leave or what if this or what if that"?

I told here that was my security and that she is leaving another daycare trying to come here now, soooooooo what does that tell me?
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 05-07-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
so what was your solution??
I don't have a solution but I did simplify things so that I don't have as many costs associated with enrollment that I used to have.

I now have my handbook/policies and enrollment paperwork available to parents via e-mail verses having to print it all out for families.

The enrollment packet itself is fairly large so e-mailing it to clients and having them print out the paperwork themselves is much easier and a lot less spendy for me.

I also used to provide wipes, sunscreen bug spray, extra clothes, snowpants and other winter gear.

I no longer provide those items and require parents to supply them for each of their children.

This eliminates the "costs" associated with new enrollments so basically it eliminates the fees I used to charge to cover these things.

HTH
MotherNature 09:25 AM 05-07-2013
Nope, no enrollment fee or supply charge. I do require a 2 week deposit, along with the first week's tuition due the first day of attendance, but that's it. As for paperwork, I email the handbook & contract for the parents to print, then we meet up and go over everything, sign it, and I file the contract. (I actually have a new client coming over to sign their contract tonight.)
Sugar Magnolia 09:45 AM 05-07-2013
A $100 enrollment fee and a $175 supply fee (annual). And first week tuition of course. Those fees are low for this area.
MarinaVanessa 09:49 AM 05-07-2013
No enrollment fees here either. I charge enough to cover supplies like office supplies (paper, ink etc), household supplies (cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels etc) and daycare supplies (drawing paper, art supplies etc.).

The only thing I do charge is a 2 week deposit but that is used towards their last 2 weeks of care.
KnoxMom 10:01 AM 05-07-2013
I don't charge any enrollment fees. If they were not a referral, I ask for a week deposit and I always get paid in advance.
allsmiles 01:20 PM 05-07-2013
i do charge $25 enrollment fee, i think our areas are alot alike ms williams, and here there are alot of homes/centers that charge fees but then again probably just as many that dont..
Reply Up