Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Last Chance to Comment
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 05-12-2015
Last chance to comment on the proposed changes to the food program guidelines.

I think it's open until May 27.

Biggest rule I do NOT want them to change is the 2 veggie rule. My kids all eat tons of fruit....it's the vegetables most struggle with and I serve 2 veggies for lunch verses 1 fruit/1 vegetable because I believe vegetables are the food group most lacking.

Anyways, here is a link to voice your opinions about the proposed changes. You can copy and paste the sample letter on the link or write your own comments. You can leave your identifying/contact info or you can just write "anonymous" in the first and last name boxes and your comment will still be collected.

http://www.cacfpmealpatterns.com/pro...el-letter.html
kitykids3 01:40 PM 05-12-2015
Glad you posted it here. I didn't think of doing that while I was sending in my comment earlier today. None of them would really bother me, but if I do serve flavored milk, it's hard to find fat free. Plus, I always serve a fruit and veggie unless I need to make a last minute substitution I occasionally serve 2 veggies. I try to serve whole grains when I can, but 'having' to do that will make things a little more complicated, might have to change my menus up.
Fiddlesticks 02:02 PM 05-12-2015
Thanks for the link. The part I do not like is the 6 month to 1 year grouping. There is such a huge difference between these ages, a lot of my parents are not even starting their infants on solids until well after 6 months, let alone giving them three solid meals a day. I do not feel a 6 to 8 month old infant needs a cereal/fruit for snack, a bottle for snack is sufficient.
Reply Up