Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This time I don't feel guilty!
kitykids3 01:29 PM 10-21-2015
For the 9 years I have been open, I have always felt guilty when closing, even though I know I shouldn't (especially since I don't do it excessively).
This time I have to close and will be closed for a week and a half and I don't feel one ounce of guilt. I have to have surgery on both my knees (completely torn ACL on one and the other one has a blown mensicus that can't be repaired but does need cleaned up to prevent a whole knee replacement and is very painful). I am doing it the 18th, closed Wed thru Wed, then T-day and Friday, so I will have a whole 11 days to start my long recovery before I even have to open and have the assistant take care of them. I really need this done, and I am glad I am taking the time to take care of me so I can continue taking care of them. Just wanted to say. Even last year when I got diagnosed with the heart issues, I was feeling guilty when I had to close here and there, but I don't know why, but I don't anymore. Guess it is possible. Just wanted to share a little good.
Baby Beluga 01:36 PM 10-21-2015
Good for you for taking care of yourself. I wish you a speedy recovery from surgery!
Blackcat31 01:41 PM 10-21-2015
Congratulations on losing the guilt!

Wishing you a happy and speedy recovery as well!
laundrymom 01:46 PM 10-21-2015
Sending you gentle hugs and loads of prayers!!!!
kitykids3 05:34 PM 11-03-2015
Thank you ladies!
Sunshine74 07:23 PM 11-03-2015
How are you feeling? I've had both of those surgeries, but they were on the same knee.
kitykids3 01:35 PM 11-04-2015
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
How are you feeling? I've had both of those surgeries, but they were on the same knee.
The knees are hurting worse day by day and I wake up wondering how I'm gonna make it thru the day (until my painkiller kicks in of course), but the surgery isn't until 2 weeks from today. Getting a little nervous that both knees will be done, but I think some of that is other people being shocked that I'm doing both at the same time. I'm prepping in the meantime so I can have as much stuff done beforehand so hopefully I can just concentrate on resting and recovery instead of paying bills, shopping, etc for at least a week. Thank for asking. That was nice of you. How'd you do with your surgeries? How was your recovery? How long til you were off crutches, etc. Any tips you can provide, I would appreciate. I like trying to be prepared mentally and otherwise, when possible. When did you have it done? Thanks!
Reply Up