Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELLOOOO FORUM !!! I Have been away a loooong time! Topic : My Big Move To Michigan
Oneluckymom 12:06 PM 05-05-2014
Hello All,

So it has been a long time and very busy here....so I had to step away from the forum and curb my daycare.com addiction ...LOL

I hope you all have been well in daycare world.

Now for my dilemma....where alse would I turn for awesome advice

My husband just accepted a new job in Ironwood, MI. We are moving there from our SUNNY California home at the end of July. Neither of us have been to the arctic before

Based on my research, that far north we have 3 schooling options for our 2 children (4th and 2nd grade):

Washington Elementary school in Bessemer, MI.
Hurley k-12 school in, WI
Charter homeschool option through Michigan and k12 online

I have heard good things about Hurley in WI, however I'm concerned with their state exam results...they are not that great IMPO. Washington has slightly better exam results but I know MI does not have a lot of funding from the state.

I am onboard with the homeschool option but dont have any experience in that area...however from previous posts you will find that I LOVE the idea.

I am welcome to any and all thoughts on anything related to my BIG MOVE and schooling there!!! THANKS
Chellieleanne 03:22 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Hello All,

So it has been a long time and very busy here....so I had to step away from the forum and curb my daycare.com addiction ...LOL

I hope you all have been well in daycare world.

Now for my dilemma....where alse would I turn for awesome advice

My husband just accepted a new job in Ironwood, MI. We are moving there from our SUNNY California home at the end of July. Neither of us have been to the arctic before

Based on my research, that far north we have 3 schooling options for our 2 children (4th and 2nd grade):

Washington Elementary school in Bessemer, MI.
Hurley k-12 school in, WI
Charter homeschool option through Michigan and k12 online

I have heard good things about Hurley in WI, however I'm concerned with their state exam results...they are not that great IMPO. Washington has slightly better exam results but I know MI does not have a lot of funding from the state.

I am onboard with the homeschool option but dont have any experience in that area...however from previous posts you will find that I LOVE the idea.

I am welcome to any and all thoughts on anything related to my BIG MOVE and schooling there!!! THANKS
Good luck with your move! I moved from California last year but only across state lines to nevada I am planning on homeschooling(my oldest is 3). There are so many resources out there it doesn't seem like much of a challenge to do so. It just depends on the laws for homeschooling on how difficult the state makes it for you
Oneluckymom 04:10 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Chellieleanne:
Good luck with your move! I moved from California last year but only across state lines to nevada I am planning on homeschooling(my oldest is 3). There are so many resources out there it doesn't seem like much of a challenge to do so. It just depends on the laws for homeschooling on how difficult the state makes it for you
Thank you so much. I agree, There are a lot of resources out there, so many you dont know where to begin
Oneluckymom 04:10 PM 05-05-2014
There MUST be some MI or WI locals on the forum
Maria2013 04:30 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
There MUST be some MI or WI locals on the forum
I'm sending you a pm
Reply Up