Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Absent, but Payment is Due
CountryRoads 07:08 AM 02-03-2020
I've got a family out sick, but their payment is due today.

Would you give a pass or would you expect them to still drop off payment today? Dcm just texted me that they will be out today, but I'm thinking I need to let her know that payment is still due today. We all know what happens when you allow it once

What would you say? I don't want to come off insensitive to her sick child, but I also want paid
Ac114 09:19 AM 02-03-2020
This is why I switched all my payments over to Venmo or cash app so now there isn’t a excuse to not pay me. It’s by bank transfer and with a click of a button, it’s sent.

However I would still want to get paid. Can she swing by once dad gets home?
Snowmom 09:19 AM 02-03-2020
"I'm sorry to hear that and hope Joey feels better soon. Please remember that payment is still due on Monday mornings. I can send you some online options that may be easier for you so you don't need to leave the house. Venmo, PayPal and Zelle are all good options."
CountryRoads 09:29 AM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by Ac114:
This is why I switched all my payments over to Venmo or cash app so now there isn’t a excuse to not pay me. It’s by bank transfer and with a click of a button, it’s sent.

However I would still want to get paid. Can she swing by once dad gets home?
All of my families pay Venmo except for this one. Looking back, I should have made it a requirement.

She did say that she will bring it by at some point today, though
Meeko 12:08 PM 02-03-2020
That's why I love Venmo. Once had a dad send me money while he was sitting on a beach in Tahiti.
Jupadia 02:05 PM 02-03-2020
Most of my parents pay via e trasphers (banking), I use to have one that played in cash. There were a few diffrent fridays where the child was sick and payment was due. I let them pay on the Monday, bit always made it clear that it worked for me that week for the late payment. Also had family in care for 2 years before it came an issue for the first time.
tenderhearts 02:12 PM 02-03-2020
I actually don't require them to drop off payment if they are out sick, i just wait until they return.
jenboo 09:53 PM 02-03-2020
Fyi for those using venmo....
Venmo does not allow their app to be used for business. So if a parent reverses a payment, venmo will side with the parent and you will be out your money because you violated their user agreement.
Unregistered 05:56 AM 02-04-2020
Yes, just send a note saying that payment is due today and they can send it over Venmo, CashApp, or Paypal.
LittleExplorers 06:53 AM 02-04-2020
I don't require payment until they return, but most drop it off anyway. I have great families and it hasn't been an issue. They know they must have the tuition check to drop off their child. I also require payment on Friday for the following week and in most cases, they child returns on Monday.

If they go on a vacation, they need to pay in advance.
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I've got a family out sick, but their payment is due today.

Would you give a pass or would you expect them to still drop off payment today? Dcm just texted me that they will be out today, but I'm thinking I need to let her know that payment is still due today. We all know what happens when you allow it once

What would you say? I don't want to come off insensitive to her sick child, but I also want paid

These are the business facts:

The rest is emotional.

In order to be successful, you need to decide which one you are going to allow to "run" your business.
CountryRoads 07:25 AM 02-04-2020
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Fyi for those using venmo....
Venmo does not allow their app to be used for business. So if a parent reverses a payment, venmo will side with the parent and you will be out your money because you violated their user agreement.
Really?!

Has anyone had this happen before? Can they still reverse the payment even if the money has already been transferred to a bank account?
Blackcat31 07:30 AM 02-04-2020
"Venmo is designed for payments between friends and people who know and trust one another.

Venmo may NOT otherwise be used to receive business, commercial or merchant transactions, meaning you CANNOT use Venmo to accept payment from (or send payment to) another user for a good or service".

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/arti...s-or-services-
Tags:kidkare - invoices, online payment
Reply Up