Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Feel a Term Coming On
laceylmm 11:17 AM 03-12-2013
Well overall this family isn't really that difficult just minor annoyances here and there.

But recently the mom's work schedule changed and in order for the kids to get their hours they will need to be here by 11am each day. They were coming at around 1230 (or when ever the dad felt like bringing which is a whole other story, but I vented on that a few days ago).

Well the dad comes in yesterday at 1230 and tells me basically he has no intention of bringing them that 'early' and that he will leave me the card and I can just swipe them in at 11. Which I WILL NOT DO! And he just said it so nonchalant like I was just going to do whatever he suggested so he doesn't have to get up too early.

So now I'm just waiting for a full time family to call to take their place.
butterfly 11:21 AM 03-12-2013
I take it they are on daycare assistance? I would report it. This would be abuse of the system and would result in loss of assistance.
KnoxMom 11:23 AM 03-12-2013
What program do you use for swiping? (Out of curiousity)
laceylmm 11:28 AM 03-12-2013
It's called the POS device.
laceylmm 11:29 AM 03-12-2013
Yup assisted childcare. I had to talk to them last week about them showing 3hours on either side of their scheduled time without so much as a phone call.
laceylmm 11:36 AM 03-12-2013
I also asked him for the wipes he never brought last week. He said he knows he brought them to me because they aren't in his truck anymore, said in the same breath as 'oh I forgot his coat again'.

This is only my 7th week officially certified and its already exhausting all the reminders you have to give to grown adults. Makes me feel like I'm constantly nit picking.
MarinaVanessa 11:41 AM 03-12-2013
I'd definitely bring it up.

"Hey Steve, yesterday when you told me that you wouldn't bring DCB in by 11 am and for me to swipe your card for you I was a little shocked so I didn't say anything but I feel like I have to clear something up here. I will not be doing anything immoral or illegal and so I won't be swiping your card for you. That's fraud and frankly I'm a little disappointed that you would even ask me."

IMHO if they are getting free or low cost child care because they are subsidy clients the very LEAST they can do is get their child to daycare on time in order to keep their assistance.
williams2008 11:47 AM 03-12-2013
Tell me about it! I have the same issue, I just mentioned it on another thread yesterday about how I have been thinking of terming

We are moving into our new location on April 1st and I have already told my dcps that all children must be at daycare by 9:00a.m. or I will not care for them that day. I can just about bet me entire savings that I'm gonna have to term her from not following the rules.
laceylmm 11:59 AM 03-12-2013
I wish I could have a set 9am time for these parents. But JFS only allows a half an hour before they are supposed to be at work.

It makes it impossible to plan anything with kids showing up at noon.
laceylmm 12:00 PM 03-12-2013
I'm def going to bring it up. I think I was just so shocked when he said it!
nanglgrl 12:37 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by laceylmm:
I wish I could have a set 9am time for these parents. But JFS only allows a half an hour before they are supposed to be at work.

It makes it impossible to plan anything with kids showing up at noon.
In cases like this I give "free" time. If I really need the family or feel for them and they are working hard to get ahead I give them free hours because I feel like I'm doing a little to help and it benefits my daycare to have arrivals and departures all at about the same time.
I get a lot of college students who only need me a few hours a day and they have childcare assistance. I bill CCA only what I'm allowed but let them drop off at 7:30 and pick up at 3:30 like everyone else.
laceylmm 12:55 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
In cases like this I give "free" time. If I really need the family or feel for them and they are working hard to get ahead I give them free hours because I feel like I'm doing a little to help and it benefits my daycare to have arrivals and departures all at about the same time.
I get a lot of college students who only need me a few hours a day and they have childcare assistance. I bill CCA only what I'm allowed but let them drop off at 7:30 and pick up at 3:30 like everyone else.
That's a great idea! I would prob check with JFS to be sure that is allowed here. I'd probably really have to like the family though

Unfortunately this family can't even get here at 11am so something like that wouldn't even benefit them.
Patches 03:16 PM 03-12-2013
So how many hours do they have to be there? And if he just comes in whenever he feels like it and they are not there that long, is he even working?
laceylmm 04:52 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
So how many hours do they have to be there? And if he just comes in whenever he feels like it and they are not there that long, is he even working?
FT is 24.9+ hours
PT is 7 - 24 hours
The boy is FT and the girl is PT.

He doesn't work until 4pm, the mom goes to work at 8am-5pm. He is the boyfriend, and not on her case from what she told me so that is how they are getting away with him not watching the kids while she is in work. BUT he is listed as living with her on all her paperwork so I don't know how that is even working. Last week the moms schedule was 10am-7pm, and he was supposed to bring them at 1pm, but usually showed up at 1230.

I told mom with the schedule change they would have to be here by 11 with a long day on Wednesday so the daughter could get her hours (she is in headstart so I only have her Wednesdays). Thursdays I don't have them at all.

Anyway this is what led him to telling me he had no intention of getting them here by 11.
laceylmm 04:56 PM 03-12-2013
WELLLLL.....

At pick up tonight mom told me that the bf got a promotion and starting next week they will be here everyday at 7:30am.

I guess that solves my hour situation and moves the daughter to FT status.

I guess I need to start getting up earlier.
LittleD 06:50 PM 03-12-2013
Originally Posted by laceylmm:
WELLLLL.....

At pick up tonight mom told me that the bf got a promotion and starting next week they will be here everyday at 7:30am.

I guess that solves my hour situation and moves the daughter to FT status.

I guess I need to start getting up earlier.
Is it one of those "Be careful of what you wish for!" situations?

It does solve the problem tho
Tags:termination - bad fit
Reply Up