Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Hurt My Back
busymommy0420 11:37 AM 04-23-2013
I feel like my back is BROKEN... I have no idea what I did to it but I feel like crying. I have 1 (4yo boy) here, 4 (3yo girls) and my six month old baby girl. I am in so much pain. My assistant will be in at 4:30pm. The children are all asleep now. Do you think staying in on a 60 degree day will be frowned upon by the parents? I just need to sit down and rest.
AmyKidsCo 11:55 AM 04-23-2013
Oh no! My back doesn't act up much, but when it does a heating pad helps.
LittleD 11:59 AM 04-23-2013
You could always call them and give them the option to pick up if they want the kids to have outside time. And mention how there's a good chance that you won't be able to take them outside tomorrow either, and they can feel free to keep them home. I guarantee, they will be absolutely fine with you keeping them inside
SquirrellyMama 12:26 PM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Oh no! My back doesn't act up much, but when it does a heating pad helps.
Be careful with the heating pad. If your back is inflamed heat will make it worse. I know heat feels good in the moment but will cause more pain later on. My chiro told me if I am going to do heat to alternate with ice every 20 minutes. More ice than heat.

I know how horrible back pain can be and I feel for you. The first time my back went out my kids learned a lot about housekeeping since I couldn't stand or walk for more than a few minutes.

K
mema 12:37 PM 04-23-2013
Big
Backs are nasty. Ice and advil. Don't lay around or sit for long periods of time or it will be worse when you do stand up. I usually do 20 min ice while laying, walk 20 min, sit 20 min, repeat and visit the chiropractor-if I wasn't married, I would probably marry mine he gets a lot of my $$$ anyway
Reply Up