Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is This - Ringworm?
coolconfidentme 06:50 AM 07-21-2014
A little girl showed up this morning with this. I didn't notice it at drop off at 6am & she went back to sleep.
Attached: 20140721_094259.jpg (50.2 KB) 
Leigh 06:51 AM 07-21-2014
Ringworm?
MarinaVanessa 06:54 AM 07-21-2014
Could be ring worm. I had something similar once but on my chest and it was fungal but it wasn't red. I first saw it and immediately thought ring worm but my doc said the coloration was wrong and prescribed antifungal cream. The pic above looks like ring worm to me but could be fungal.

Edit: sorry I originally typed "bacterial" instead of "fungal". It's early and it's Monday, just one of those mornings.
CedarCreek 06:54 AM 07-21-2014
That definitely looks like ringworm!

No way, she needs to be sent home. That's really contagious.
lynne 07:09 AM 07-21-2014
yup, looks like ringworm to me too.
coolconfidentme 07:09 AM 07-21-2014
I first sent the pic to the mom with no reply. I just sent a pic to the dad and told him he needs to pick her up right away. It appears to be ringworm which is highly contagious.
GKJNIGMN 07:11 AM 07-21-2014
All 3 of my kids have had ringworm but it was on the scalp. When my youngest got it earlier this year, I got it from him on my face and it looked very close to the picture you showed. Ringworm would be my guess.

Cover it with a band aid. It is very very contagious but relatively easy to treat on the skin with a prescription cream. I am not sure how well the over the counter works. But if anyone happens to get it on their scalp which is where all of my kids got it, it requires an oral medication and takes a little while to clear up and they will end up with a bald patch.

I would call for pickup so that the cream could be started right away and then keep it covered when you get her back into care if that's what it is and wash hands frequently.
coolconfidentme 07:14 AM 07-21-2014
I covered it with a bandaid. The little girl keeps trying to touch it. I washed her hands & my hands repeatedly. Still no reply from mom or dad, ugh! What a Monday morning.
Heidi 07:15 AM 07-21-2014
Ringworm IS fungal. I wonder why the doctor of PP made a distinction?

My son had the world's worst case of Ringworm when he was 9 or so. The doctor actually took pictures for a medical journal. My kids got it from some kittens we adopted from an animal shelter.

They had to take an oral prescription, it was so bad, Doc gave us free samples...and my 9 and 11 year old sons got the biggest kick out of taking pills from a pink box with a woman silloueted against the ocean.

She needs to be on an anti-fungal, probably OTC would be fine, but I'd make mom take her to the doc and keep her out for 24 hours. It is contagious, although not dangerous. I'd probably also do a super-clean, if you can.
Heidi 07:18 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by GKJNIGMN:
All 3 of my kids have had ringworm but it was on the scalp. When my youngest got it earlier this year, I got it from him on my face and it looked very close to the picture you showed. Ringworm would be my guess.

Cover it with a band aid. It is very very contagious but relatively easy to treat on the skin with a prescription cream. I am not sure how well the over the counter works. But if anyone happens to get it on their scalp which is where all of my kids got it, it requires an oral medication and takes a little while to clear up and they will end up with a bald patch.

I would call for pickup so that the cream could be started right away and then keep it covered when you get her back into care if that's what it is and wash hands frequently.
Yeah, my youngest (3 at the time) ended up with a half-dollar sized bald patch. right on top of his head. The older boys told everyone that he was a unicorn and that was where his horn had fallen off.

The hair in that spot grew back darker (ds was very blond), and was always a darker patch for many years after that. Only recently, it blends with the rest of his hair.
CedarCreek 07:22 AM 07-21-2014
Of COURSE Mom and Dad arent answering, they probably knew she had it and that you would exclude for it.

Ugh, I HATE ringworm. I had one when I was younger that stuck around forever because my mom didn't get me medicine for it. If one of my boys gets it, it makes my skin crawl every time I change their band-aid and re-apply cream.
Second Home 07:36 AM 07-21-2014
I too would say ringworm .
coolconfidentme 07:42 AM 07-21-2014
I looked at pics, it looks like ringworm from what I saw on google images. I really don't need this headache today, ugh!
NoMoreJuice! 08:24 AM 07-21-2014
Definitely ringworm. I get it all the time from the animal shelter I volunteer at. I just keep a tube of Tinactin around and it clears right up.
permanentvacation 08:28 AM 07-21-2014
Ringworm. It is contagious. It is spread by skin to skin contact. You can Google it. The child should not be in daycare. You need to send them home until there is no sign of ringworm. There is medicine the child can get from the doctor to clear it up.
Mister Sir Husband 08:40 AM 07-21-2014
So you contacted mom and dad with still no reply? I would have given them about 10 minutes to get back to me and started calling the emergency contacts. True if if takes a bit of time for them to get her, it's not a life threatening situation.. but I would expect at least a response from them that they are aware and will be on the way.

On a further note, if the emergency contacts don't get back to you within a few minutes, I'd be requesting new ones from the parents. My licensor told me it's policy to call emergency contacts every few months anyways to confirm they are valid just in case it actually is an emergency and you need someone now.
MarinaVanessa 08:48 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Ringworm IS fungal. I wonder why the doctor of PP made a distinction?
In my case it was fugal but not ring worm fungal. He said it was something else because of the size and coloration . My "rings" were very small and brown around the ring and whitish in the center. I can't remember what the Doc called it but he said it was common in some lactating moms and said something about an inbalance of yeast (I had been on antibiotics previously). He did say it was also contagious and that it could be passed to my baby. Care was the same as it is for ringworm, an anti-fungal cream and keeping the area clean and covered to prevent from spreading.

To OP: If you haven't already I would call their work directly "Hi Susan, I called your cell phone but you didn't answer it and figured that you couldn't answer or didn't hear it because you're at work. I need to have little Suzie picked up immediately. She has what appears to be ringworm on her temple and needs to be looked at to determine what it is. I have her separated from the group because ringworm is highly contagious but she's ready to go. I'll see you in X minutes [amount of time it takes to get from her work to you]"
coolconfidentme 08:57 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
So you contacted mom and dad with still no reply? I would have given them about 10 minutes to get back to me and started calling the emergency contacts. True if if takes a bit of time for them to get her, it's not a life threatening situation.. but I would expect at least a response from them that they are aware and will be on the way.

On a further note, if the emergency contacts don't get back to you within a few minutes, I'd be requesting new ones from the parents. My licensor told me it's policy to call emergency contacts every few months anyways to confirm they are valid just in case it actually is an emergency and you need someone now.
I called dad & left a voice-mail saying I will go down contacts & call the state if I do not get a reply. Mom texted me & said it is eczema. I replied it resembles ringworm, she needs to be picked up & cannot return without a doctor's note saying she is not contagious per state guidelines. Aunt is on her way.

ps.., the little girl keeps taking the band-aide off. GRR!!!
lovemykidstoo 08:59 AM 07-21-2014
She looks old enough that you can ask her more details too. Maybe ask her if mom and dad have seen it, has she put any cream on it to see if mom and dad knew. She should be able to tell you that much maybe. Shame on mom and dad for not answering. What if it was an emergency
MarinaVanessa 09:00 AM 07-21-2014
So now she has eczema??
Funny how she didn't mention it to you this morning but she knows what you're talking about.
That does not look like eczema
Second Home 09:05 AM 07-21-2014
That looks nothing like eczema , my dd would get eczema every winter .
lovemykidstoo 09:07 AM 07-21-2014
It could be eczema. My son has that and sometimes they do look like that.
Attached: eczema-nummular-157.jpg (99.3 KB) 
Second Home 09:11 AM 07-21-2014
Eczema isusually a filled in spot not an open ring . The dcg has an open spot/ ring which is typical for ringworm .
CedarCreek 09:13 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Eczema isusually a filled in spot not an open ring . The dcg has an open spot/ ring which is typical for ringworm .

That's just what I was going to say. Eczema, my foot.
MarinaVanessa 09:13 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:

lovemykidstoo 09:14 AM 07-21-2014
Is there more than one spot?
lovemykidstoo 09:18 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I called dad & left a voice-mail saying I will go down contacts & call the state if I do not get a reply. Mom texted me & said it is eczema. I replied it resembles ringworm, she needs to be picked up & cannot return without a doctor's note saying she is not contagious per state guidelines. Aunt is on her way.

ps.., the little girl keeps taking the band-aide off. GRR!!!
Will be interested to know what the doctor's note will say. How did mom act with you?
CraftyMom 09:40 AM 07-21-2014
my first thought was also eczema, but then I notice it wasn't a "solid" red patch. Definitely a ring
CraftyMom 09:41 AM 07-21-2014
Does dcg have eczema normally? If so maybe mom and dad are assuming that's what it is. I would also exclude for an additional 24 hours
coolconfidentme 09:54 AM 07-21-2014
Mom texted she didn't call me. She was not defensive, but she quickly said the aunt was on her way. I just asked where the aunt is & she is coming from a city 1.5 hours away!!!!! I have the DCG on a cot in the hallway & I've Lysol'd down everything I own., inside & out. I'm sooo not liking DC today.

ps..., The little girl isn't quit 2 yet & doesn't speak clearly.
hope 10:05 AM 07-21-2014
An hour and a half away? That is ridiculous. You should add a time limit for pick ups to your contract to avoid this. Something like one hour from pick up call is made. Parents will try to argue the sick factor to gain more time at work so that will cut down on this too. Sorry you have to deal with this.
lovemykidstoo 10:12 AM 07-21-2014
Mom texted she didn't call me. She was not defensive, but she quickly said the aunt was on her way. I just asked where the aunt is & she is coming from a city 1.5 hours away!!!!! I have the DCG on a cot in the hallway & I've Lysol'd down everything I own., inside & out. I'm sooo not liking DC today.

ps..., The little girl isn't quit 2 yet & doesn't speak clearly.
Oh boy 1.5 hrs away? I bet the aunt is real happy with mom too.
coolconfidentme 10:13 AM 07-21-2014
I have ringworm listed in my policy of reason to excluded from daycare.

It also states: "Once the child(ren) are removed from childcare due to illness, they may not return until symptoms requiring removal are no longer present for 24 hours. To reiterate, 24 hours after the systems are completely gone. This does not mean return the next morning to our childcare home."
daycarediva 10:13 AM 07-21-2014
Looks like ringworm to me, too. YUCK!
coolconfidentme 10:15 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
An hour and a half away? That is ridiculous. You should add a time limit for pick ups to your contract to avoid this. Something like one hour from pick up call is made. Parents will try to argue the sick factor to gain more time at work so that will cut down on this too. Sorry you have to deal with this.
My contract says 30 minutes to pick up. Does anyone have any policy suggestion that will cost the parent $$ for time over that?
lovemykidstoo 10:29 AM 07-21-2014
My contract says 30 minutes to pick up. Does anyone have any policy suggestion that will cost the parent $$ for time over that?
So you're going to charge her?
CraftyMom 10:42 AM 07-21-2014
Did you text back and say "No my policy is 30 minutes for pick up"
coolconfidentme 10:59 AM 07-21-2014
The aunt just left. She started in on eczema in the family as I pulled up the pic. I said, "My state rep doesn't feel this is eczema. State law requires that we notify parents of children who have been exposed to certain contagious diseases. Please make sure I have a note so I can properly inform the other parents per the law."

I gave her the policy & said, "I hi-lighted the section concerning this. Please have the parents re-read it & call me with any question."

She replied..., "It doesn't look like eczema to me either." I just nodded my head.
CedarCreek 11:01 AM 07-21-2014
The aunt just left. She started in on eczema in the family as I pulled up the pic. I said, "My state rep doesn't feel this is eczema. State law requires that we notify parents of children who have been exposed to certain contagious diseases. Please make sure I have a note so I can properly inform the other parents per the law."

I gave her the policy & said, "I hi-lighted the section concerning this. Please have the parents re-read it & call me with any question."

She replied..., "It doesn't look like eczema to me either." I just nodded my head.

At least the Aunt seemed to eventually get it

What does Mom do that she couldn't leave work?
coolconfidentme 11:06 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
At least the Aunt seemed to eventually get it

What does Mom do that she couldn't leave work?
She is a corrections officer at the woman's state pen. Dad works 10 minutes from daycare & never replied.
MissAnn 11:11 AM 07-21-2014
Looks like my granuloma annulare. It's not catchy......if that's what it is.
mema 11:16 AM 07-21-2014
I have a 1 hour pick up policy and after that is $1 per minute sick care. I also have that after 30 minutes, if you have not answered, I will be going down the contact list. If you don't have anything backing up that 30 minutes, they don't care. I would amend that. Hope the aunt arrives quickly and they get her in.
coolconfidentme 11:21 AM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by mema:
I have a 1 hour pick up policy and after that is $1 per minute sick care. I also have that after 30 minutes, if you have not answered, I will be going down the contact list. If you don't have anything backing up that 30 minutes, they don't care. I would amend that. Hope the aunt arrives quickly and they get her in.
I will definitely do that, thank you. This family seems so caring & haven't had a problem outta them. DCG is a happy, yet a tad spoiled child.
Blackcat31 11:22 AM 07-21-2014
My policies say that parents have 45 minutes to pick up the child beginning from the first contact/call.

If after 60 minutes the child is still present, the fees for care are $3.00 PER 15 minute (or any portion of) increments.

Parents are awfully speedy when it comes to saving a buck!
NightOwl 11:45 AM 07-21-2014
That is NOT eczema. Yes, eczema can appear circular, but it would be a solid circle. That is ringworm, without a doubt.
lovemykidstoo 02:28 PM 07-21-2014
So when is this dcg due back?
coolconfidentme 05:20 PM 07-21-2014
DCM sent me a text & said "they are not sure if it's ringworm or eczema." She said the doctor told her to put over the counter med on it & keep her home a day. I replied I needed a note stating she wasn't contagious. She did not reply. I texted her again, just a minute ago, asking if she got my message & I need the note before she could return. We will want & see...
MarinaVanessa 05:28 PM 07-21-2014

DCM sent me a text & said "they are not sure if it's ringworm or eczema." She said the doctor told her to put over the counter med on it & keep her home a day. I replied I needed a note stating she wasn't contagious. She did not reply. I texted her again, just a minute ago, asking if she got my message & I need the note before she could return. We will want & see...
Well you told the aunt verbally AND gave her a HIGHLIGHTED copy of the policy to give to DCM so ... I'm not understanding where the confusion is for mom. Oh wait, I forget ... parents are always trying to get one over on us lol.
KiddieCahoots 05:35 PM 07-21-2014

Way to punt that ball right back at em!

The shiesters!

Btw....cool sneaks
coolconfidentme 05:36 PM 07-21-2014
Who renamed my post?
coolconfidentme 05:39 PM 07-21-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Way to punt that ball right back at em!

The shiesters!

Btw....cool sneaks
I think we are all tired of parents playing this game.., I know I am.

(Thanks!)
Michael 09:39 PM 07-21-2014
Who renamed my post?
That would be me. I added Ringworm since titles play a role in Google searches.
coolconfidentme 04:55 AM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
That would be me. I added Ringworm since titles play a role in Google searches.
Ok...., I knew I haven't been getting sleep & thought "What the what? Did I do that?"
lovemykidstoo 05:02 AM 07-22-2014
Have you heard any more back from her?
Blackcat31 05:16 AM 07-22-2014
I exclude for ANY unknown rash.

I would tell DCM that since even the Dr doesn't know what this is, the DCG cannot return until it's gone. period.
KiddieCahoots 06:41 AM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I exclude for ANY unknown rash.

I would tell DCM that since even the Dr doesn't know what this is, the DCG cannot return until it's gone. period.
Absolutely!
I highly doubt the doctor doesn't know what it is, and would be suspicious of parental/self diagnosis and treatment.

I worked in an animal hospital years ago. All you need is an ultra violet light, shine it on the rash, and the fungus of ring worm will glow all along the circular edge. Most doctor's offices use this simple method.
coolconfidentme 08:36 AM 07-22-2014
Absolutely!
I highly doubt the doctor doesn't know what it is, and would be suspicious of parental/self diagnosis and treatment.

I worked in an animal hospital years ago. All you need is an ultra violet light, shine it on the rash, and the fungus of ring worm will glow all along the circular edge. Most doctor's offices use this simple method.
I asked DCM if the did the simple UV test to exclude ringworm. I added that I cannot readmit DCG until I have a doctor's note stating she wasn't contagious per state regulations. She said she would go back to the doctor today for that. She said the doctor did not conduct any testing since she agreed to treat it as if it was ringworm. I told her that was very odd since every doctor knows ringworm is contagious & requires a note stating the child is NOT contagious before returning to daycare. (suspect if you ask me)
CraftyMom 10:13 AM 07-22-2014
I asked DCM if the did the simple UV test to exclude ringworm. I added that I cannot readmit DCG until I have a doctor's note stating she wasn't contagious per state regulations. She said she would go back to the doctor today for that. She said the doctor did not conduct any testing since she agreed to treat it as if it was ringworm. I told her that was very odd since every doctor knows ringworm is contagious & requires a note stating the child is NOT contagious before returning to daycare. (suspect if you ask me)
Yeah....mom never took her to the doctor to begin with
deliberateliterate 10:15 AM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Ditto. I'd be furious that mom tried to deceive me not once, but twice.
Second Home 10:17 AM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:

Exactly what I was thinking .
daycarediva 10:29 AM 07-22-2014
I also think that the Mom never took her in to begin with and was just humoring you!

I hope the dr's note says she has ringworm! LOL!!!

If it were me, I would add that the drs note needs to confirm that the rash is NOT ringworm before she can return.
coolconfidentme 11:19 AM 07-22-2014
I just asked mom to text or email me the note. We will see...
KiddieCahoots 01:06 PM 07-22-2014
I just asked mom to text or email me the note. We will see...
Oh my gosh, I can't wait.......
Lol! You know you've been scammed too many times by parents when you find joy in other providers success at nailing them!
coolconfidentme 01:10 PM 07-22-2014
Lol! You know you've been scammed too many times by parents when you find joy in other providers success at nailing them!
She doesn't have a scanner. Pa'leeeez! I told her to snap a pic with her phone. I need to make sure it meets criteria for re-admittance before she comes in the morning. This is getting unreal...
daycare 01:12 PM 07-22-2014
lol...........I just started my lunch and there is a lot of funny and exciting things going on today with the form..

DC= never a dull day
KiddieCahoots 01:36 PM 07-22-2014
She doesn't have a scanner. Pa'leeeez! I told her to snap a pic with her phone. I need to make sure it meets criteria for re-admittance before she comes in the morning. This is getting unreal...
Wow! She's trying to go the distance and take this all the way!
Coolconfidentme, bet you got her in a sweat though
Second Home 01:38 PM 07-22-2014
And to think all this could have been avioded . If the dcp mentioned the spot at drop off or really went to the Drs and got a note when she said she went . It is hard to believe someone would go through all this nonsense . But I guess there is no cnoice when you are caught in a lie .
aDCProvider 04:38 AM 07-23-2014
Update?
TaylorTots 06:55 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by aDCProvider:
Update?
I want one too!
MarinaVanessa 06:59 AM 07-23-2014
Yes please, I think we're all anxious to hear if mom did go get a note or not
daycare 03:27 PM 07-23-2014
ya me too....

The anticipation is killin me
Luna 04:26 PM 07-23-2014
Tap, tap, tap...
coolconfidentme 06:19 AM 07-24-2014
DCM brought the note but DCH doesn't think the comment about being not contagious does not match the signature found on the document. I'm not sure if I can call Dr and request another note Or resend a copy of the original without raising suspicion. Idk
CraftyMom 06:25 AM 07-24-2014
DCM brought the note but DCH doesn't think the comment about being not contagious does not match the signature found on the document. I'm not sure if I can call Dr and request another note Or resend a copy of the original without raising suspicion. Idk
Do you have any other signatures from this Dr to compare it to? Maybe on admission forms?

Or you mean within the same document the writing doesn't match? I'd be suspicious of that too.
Meyou 06:29 AM 07-24-2014
Does the note diagnose the skin condition or just say not contagious?
I would be suspicious if there wasn't a cause listed.
CraftyMom 06:34 AM 07-24-2014
I had an infant once that the mom dragged her feet on bringing me the medical forms at admission. When I finally received it, the same thing happened. The written section didn't match the signature. It matched perfectly to mom's handwriting on other forms. So I called the doctor's office and asked about it. Mom had brought in the paper that she filled out herself. It was reviewed quickly by the medical assistant who then had the dr sign it quickly.

I don't think the dr even read what the mom wrote because it was all the opposite if the truth lol Mom wrote that the baby is a wonderful eater and sleeper. The exact opposite was true, baby hardly ate in my care for almost a month (breastfed) and rarely slept. Mom was well aware of this as it was a huge problem for me and I was about to term over it, but the baby finally started eating. (Mom would feed her right before drop off then immediately at pick up). Baby was very underweight and come to find out the doctor was very concerned and pestered mom about it as it was on going before she even came here. I didn't find that out until months later when I demanded a dr note for another situation.

For this reason I no longer give parents a form for the dr to fill out as part of my enrollment pack. They must provide their own print out from the dr

I was super frustrated but since the dr actually signed it what could I do? At that point the baby was doing better so I dropped it.

In your case I would not drop it if it is something like ringworm.

Does she still have the spot?

Also, does the note specify that it is NOT ringworm and NOT contagious? My regs say any unexplained rash is a no no. If it isn't specified I'd be excluding until it's gone and refer the mom to the regs
CedarCreek 06:39 AM 07-24-2014
Did you accept the child back into care?

I would need a note that is typed out on the doctors letterhead that includes diagnosis and whether or not its contagious. No added on written comments. Our doctor never hand writes notes, she only hand writes her signature at the bottom.
coolconfidentme 06:41 AM 07-24-2014
I will post It as soon as I get back inside.
CraftyMom 06:43 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Did you accept the child back into care?

I would need a note that is typed out on the doctors letterhead that includes diagnosis and whether or not its contagious. No added on written comments. Our doctor never hand writes notes, she only hand writes her signature at the bottom.
Yes this! My pediatrician does the same. I am suspicious of ANYTHING handwritten
daycarediva 06:43 AM 07-24-2014
There is a handwritten part on a printed note? Oh hellll no.

I would call the mom and tell her you need a new note. It MUST say that the spot is NOT ringworm and NOT contagious. That's what I would have required from the beginning.
coolconfidentme 07:14 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
There is a handwritten part on a printed note? Oh hellll no.

I would call the mom and tell her you need a new note. It MUST say that the spot is NOT ringworm and NOT contagious. That's what I would have required from the beginning.
it is an actual form from this doctors office. I have seen them before from this health care services. There's also a fill in the blank section and that is where the comments States she not contagious and can return to daycare. I cannot recall this time what the actual wording was. I will scan it and post it.
Unregistered 07:23 AM 07-24-2014
If the dr doesn't know if it's ringworm how can he be sure it's not contagious? They are lying...
KiddieCahoots 07:30 AM 07-24-2014
I had a mom go as far as to get ahold of the doctor's office letterhead, and hand write her own notes. This was for the family of 3 siblings that passed around pink eye for 9 months.

I was instructed by my family resource that she needed to have a typed doctor's note on letter head that had the child's name, date of being seen, the diagnosis, the treatment & medication (if any), the date for return to child care, and the doctor's signature at the bottom.

Some parents
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 07-24-2014
it is an actual form from this doctors office. I have seen them before from this health care services. There's also a fill in the blank section and that is where the comments States she not contagious and can return to daycare. I cannot recall this time what the actual wording was. I will scan it and post it.
I have my own form. I also do not exclude based on the the doctor's words.

Too easy to misunderstand that. It isn't as black and white as the two simple words/phrases "Contagious" or "Not contagious".

I used to just tell the parents to bring a note but the notes provided by the doctor's office were too vague and left too much open to interpretation so now I have my form that requires a bit more info.

Honestly, I would still exclude. I would use the mom's own words to do it too.

I would tell her I am excluding because the doctor "isn't sure" what it is.

If it's that difficult to diagnose, it might be something really really serious then.

Just to be extra safe and cautious for everyone involved I would exclude until it's gone completely. Sorry DCM.
hope 08:01 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have my own form. I also do not exclude based on the the doctor's words.

Too easy to misunderstand that. It isn't as black and white as the two simple words/phrases "Contagious" or "Not contagious".

I used to just tell the parents to bring a note but the notes provided by the doctor's office were too vague and left too much open to interpretation so now I have my form that requires a bit more info.

Honestly, I would still exclude. I would use the mom's own words to do it too.

I would tell her I am excluding because the doctor "isn't sure" what it is.

If it's that difficult to diagnose, it might be something really really serious then.

Just to be extra safe and cautious for everyone involved I would exclude until it's gone completely. Sorry DCM.
BC, would you be able to share your form? I have never thought of providing one of my own for them to fill out. That would avoid a lot of troubles.
Blackcat31 08:09 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
BC, would you be able to share your form? I have never thought of providing one of my own for them to fill out. That would avoid a lot of troubles.
You can find my Health Care Evaluation form and my "Your Child was Sent Home Today" forms in this thread (post #2)

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70127

.....notice how my form does NOT ask ANYWHERE on it about contagiousness?

Because I don't care.
lovemykidstoo 08:19 AM 07-24-2014
Can't wait to see the scan of the doctor's note. If it is ringworm, I believe after 24-48 hours of treatment, it is not contagious anymore.
coolconfidentme 08:41 AM 07-24-2014
It's an actual form from them. Should I send it to licensing along with the pic or ask the doctor if ringworm was diagnosed?

(I cropped the note)
Attached: question with note.jpg (112.1 KB) 
hope 09:28 AM 07-24-2014
This note is not useful. If the doctor clearly stated what the diagnosis was than maybe it would be acceptable. My problem with all this would be that dcm said that the doctor didn't even do the proper testing to diagnose so how could he say it's not contagious?
daycare 09:31 AM 07-24-2014
doc note aside..

this has been going on for a few days right?

Has anyone developed symptoms? DCK, you, the parents?

I agree that I don't like that form either.

I only accept a note of diagnosis, I will not take not contagious or can return to care.

i want to know what the child has so that I can decide if I able offer services to a child that has _________________________and still be able to run my program safely for all.
CedarCreek 10:04 AM 07-24-2014
Dr. Robert has the most feminine handwriting I've ever seen
craftymissbeth 10:13 AM 07-24-2014
It's an actual form from them. Should I send it to licensing along with the pic or ask the doctor if ringworm was diagnosed?
Just an FYI, you might consider cropping the top portion of the pic where the name of the file is
Oh I guess the right side, too
aDCProvider 10:20 AM 07-24-2014
Just a heads up...the child's name is clearly visible on the top left of the photo as the file name.
aDCProvider 10:20 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Just an FYI, you might consider cropping the top portion of the pic where the name of the file is
Oh I guess the right side, too
Didn't see this before posting.
coolconfidentme 10:23 AM 07-24-2014
I didn't see if before posting, I didn't know how to delete it & re-post it. Someone tell me how to do that?

ps..., I figured it out. The note is cropped. It helps when you have all the DCKs napping!!!
lovemykidstoo 10:35 AM 07-24-2014
So is the child back with you then?

It really doesn't matter if the doctor said specifically if she is not contagious or not really. A reputable doctor is not going to say that the child can go back to daycare if she is still contagious KWIM? Is there a spot on the form that we can't see that says "diagnosis"?

The way I look at it is that if it is ezcema, then it's not contagious. If it is ringworm and she's been on treatment for 2 days, then she's not contagious.
CraftyMom 10:36 AM 07-24-2014
That is not a valid note. Pt is not contagious....contagious from what? No diagnosis. How do you know if there is no diagnosis?

How does the spot look today? If it's still there I'd be sending her home until it's gone
craftymissbeth 10:38 AM 07-24-2014
I didn't see if before posting, I didn't know how to delete it & re-post it. Someone tell me how to do that?

ps..., I figured it out. The note is cropped. It helps when you have all the DCKs napping!!!
We got your back!

That made the picture much bigger so I can see the writing more clearly... his writing sure IS feminine. Hmm, interesting.
lovemykidstoo 10:46 AM 07-24-2014
I know most of the time we need some sort of a form from our doctor that he tells his secretary to do it and he'll sign it. That may be the case here? (regarding the feminine writing)
NightOwl 10:57 AM 07-24-2014
There are initials after the signature. His nurse did this. Still unacceptable.
Tags:ringworm
1 2 
Reply Up