Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This The Way Daycare Is Going To Be?!
cillybean83 10:41 AM 01-04-2011
I'm trying to fill spots, I've had to lower my price because everyone is lowering theirs, I was getting $100 per week (our area goes between 90-115), I dropped it to $90 to bring in some kids, I got 1 hit, this DCM needs care from 5:30-2, which will make me open 11.5 hours a day! PLUS she wants 8 UNPAID days off per month because her son will be with his father...she seems very nice, bu I don't know if I want to sign on for all this.

I need help in pounding out a contract if I were to take this kid on, any ideas?
momatheart 10:44 AM 01-04-2011
Well if you need to fill the spot . . . .? ? ? ? Maybe you want to consider. I would also say that if you honor those 8 unpaid days then she has to risk loosing the spot those 8 days. (And fill it on her, LOL Just kidding.)
jen 10:45 AM 01-04-2011
Personally, I wouldn't touch this one unless I really, really, really, really had to do it. If thats the case, I would give her the 8 unpaid days, but I would raise the weekly rate so that it is more of a 50/50 split.
mickey2 10:49 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
Personally, I wouldn't touch this one unless I really, really, really, really had to do it. If thats the case, I would give her the 8 unpaid days, but I would raise the weekly rate so that it is more of a 50/50 split.

I agree with Jen

Unless you really have to settle for this, I would not accept the child. If you really need to do it for now, somehow make up an agreement which states that in the event you have the opportunity to fill the space with a full-time child in the future you will have the option of replacing this child's spot or at that time mom will need to decide to pay for full time care.
momatheart 10:49 AM 01-04-2011
I was going to suggest raising the rate as well if you honor the 8 days off a week. Then again she is asking a bit much probably why she is looking for care no one else will go along with her game. People who try to negotiate right away put up a red flag to me. After thinking about this I think it best to not take on this client. JMHO
cillybean83 11:05 AM 01-04-2011
The reason why she is looking for an in home provider is because none of the centers are open that early!

It's a crazy situation, her ex husband is a pilot so his schedule is crazy so his days with the baby are different every week, etc etc...

Part time is the better choice for her, I charge $20 a day (they bring food, milk, etc) and even if she did have to bring the baby 5 days on a given week, she would only be paying $10 more than a full timer...
grandmom 02:31 PM 01-04-2011
Just because she asked you for a deal, doesn't mean you need to take it. Go back to her and suggest a less-than-middle point. You'll do XX, but it will cost her YY. You fill in the blanks. Maybe you could just say no, here's the price. Can't blame her for asking. And yes, it is a red flag to the relationship from here on out.
Tags:economy, rate decrease
Reply Up