Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Speaking of Valentine's Day
Josiegirl 10:05 AM 01-25-2019
How are you celebrating with the dcks?
Just curious if anyone has some ideas to share?
Time to hit pinterest....

I didn't do much for Christmas and will most likely do less for V Day.
rosieteddy 10:16 AM 01-25-2019
My valentines party was so low key.They colored a large picture,Then I folded it into an envelope.I gave them stickers the next day and they "decorated"it.Then I cut out hearts in pink and red. They decorated those and made one for each other.I always picked up a box of valentines and the gave those to.On valentines day we handed them out, put them in envelope had a cupcake or cookie and called it a day.Just enough.
Blackcat31 10:22 AM 01-25-2019
nope
Cat Herder 10:26 AM 01-25-2019
We have cheesecake and strawberries with the afternoon snack. I stick with the "I Love my Family" theme that week as that is their only concept of love being so young.

I also try to serve everyone a full meal between 430-500 and get all infants/toddlers bathed and into PJ's since most will be picked up by grandparents that night.
e.j. 10:49 AM 01-25-2019
Like all holidays, I celebrate with the kids by doing a holiday themed craft and serving a holiday themed snack like a heart shaped sandwich or cookie. I stopped trying to have big celebrations a long time ago. Most of my kids are too young to really appreciate a big celebration any way.

I haven't given any real thought to V Day yet. I have to get through Groundhog Day and Chinese New Year first!
I usually have the kids make a V day card for their parents and since I have mostly 2 years olds right now, I may just have them make something like a collage using red, white, pink stickers, some heart cut outs they can glue on and maybe some sparkle glue. It's easy and they don't need me to do anything other than set the stuff out on the table and let them go at it.
Jupadia 12:53 PM 01-25-2019
The kids here exchange valentine cards and decorate bags. I do a Valentine's lunch with something red or pink and heart shapes. Afternoon snack we do birthday cupcakes for my oldest since it's his birthday. If it was not for that we would have a valentines treat snack then.
So not much, but something little.
LK5kids 03:59 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
We have cheesecake and strawberries with the afternoon snack. I stick with the "I Love my Family" theme that week as that is their only concept of love being so young.

I also try to serve everyone a full meal between 430-500 and get all infants/toddlers bathed and into PJ's since most will be picked up by grandparents that night.
Oh yum! Cheesecake and strawberries! I might do this!
flying_babyb 04:01 PM 01-27-2019
I have 5months to 1.5 years. Were just making a I love you! card. gonna do red feet in a heart shape on a card and let the older color theirs.
Ariana 08:14 PM 01-27-2019
I do heart shaped pancakes for lunch (easy lunch, cut pancakes with cookie cutters) and then we do heart tracing or painting. I have a red coloured sensory bin that I pull out for vday and fall. Not too much!
Tags:valentine's day
Reply Up