Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>WWYD With This Infant?
MommyMuffin 12:37 PM 03-04-2011
5 months old...fed...diaper changes and has been crying for an hour and a half. I tried rocking, putting in crib..swing..floor...vibrating boppy.

What would you do? Call mom? Put in crib? Keep roatating from crib to floor to rocking to...?

He is here until 5:30 and I have no idea what to do? Its a really loud demanding cry too not just fussy.
DCMomOf3 12:41 PM 03-04-2011
pumping legs to relieve gas pressure? Swaddle?

i personally don't call parents for crying babies like that.
SilverSabre25 12:42 PM 03-04-2011
Try feeding him some more? Try some tricks to relieve possible gas pains? (try moving his legs like he's riding a bike--that worked for my DD). Give him something new to do--can he sit in a highchair? Set him up with some spoons and measuring cups. Hold him on your arm with the heel of your hand pressing into his tummy.
Cat Herder 12:45 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
pumping legs to relieve gas pressure? Swaddle?
I was about to say the same thing...

Occassionaly a tube sock filled with uncooked rice, microwaved for about 35 seconds, then laid across the belly for a few minutes will help with gas as well (just test it on your skin first)
nannyde 12:51 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
5 months old...fed...diaper changes and has been crying for an hour and a half. I tried rocking, putting in crib..swing..floor...vibrating boppy.

What would you do? Call mom? Put in crib? Keep roatating from crib to floor to rocking to...?

He is here until 5:30 and I have no idea what to do? Its a really loud demanding cry too not just fussy.
vibrating boppy?

Wow I didn't know they made those.

Ugh... motion consultation has invaded boppies too.

BELLY time ... lots and lots of belly time.

Can he flip?

Use the boppy to put him on his belly so his armpits are on the outside U of the boppy which will keep his trunk up.

Rub his back while he's in that position. Rub circular starting with a small spot in the mid spine and then gradually bigger... use your fingertips then increase to finger palms then to whole hand.

Then start over with the small spot .. rinse and repeat.
Tags:crying
Reply Up