Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Glad I Did Not Read This....
Cat Herder 09:40 AM 02-07-2011
.....before opening my Home Daycare. Talk about bleak and depressing

http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs032.htm

Bureau of Labor Stats: Child Day Care Services 2010-2011 Edition
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 02-07-2011
Work environment. Helping children grow, learn, and gain new skills can be very rewarding. Preschool teachers and child care workers often improve their own communication, learning, and other personal skills by working with children. The work is sometimes routine; however, new activities and challenges mark each day. Child care can be physically taxing, as workers constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, and lift to attend to each child's needs, interests, and problems. Child care workers must be constantly alert, anticipate and prevent trouble, deal effectively with disruptive children, and provide fair, but firm, discipline.

Child day care workers may become dissatisfied with their jobs' stressful conditions, low pay, and lack of benefits and eventually leave.

...and nowhere does it even bring up the stress from the people other than the children...if you kwim?

Yeah, had I come across this article before opening I would definately have thought twice about it.
Childminder 01:42 PM 02-07-2011
Yeah, we definitely have it on easy street don't we?
Michael 05:07 PM 02-07-2011
It is a blessing to stay home with our children and have an income from it. The world is changing. I know this doesn't make much sense now but it will next year. You all are ahead of the game you just don't know it yet.
Cat Herder 05:10 PM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
It is a blessing to stay home with our children and have an income from it. The world is changing. I know this doesn't make much sense now but it will next year. You all are ahead of the game you just don't know it yet.
Oh, I am very aware of what a blessing having been home with my kids has been

I just never researched back then (1993)...how dismal was that review????
momofsix 06:28 AM 02-08-2011
You're right...it is a huge blessing, and I'm so thankful that through this crazy economic time I haven't lost one single family!
And now I'll bite....what's happening next year!?!?!?
nannyde 05:03 AM 02-09-2011
Are you referring to fuel cost?
jen 05:21 AM 02-09-2011
End of the world?
DCMomOf3 05:32 AM 02-09-2011
I was thinking more along the lines of more of the employee base trying to find ways to work at home to save money. I am also seeing a rising trend in homeschooling and such.
Tags:bad economy, economy
Reply Up