Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ahhh 20 Month Old Tornado!
melilley 11:38 AM 06-10-2013
I have a child here who is 20 months old who started at 18 months and went from going around and biting everyone to just being plain crazy! He is like a tornado! It doesn't matter what activity we are doing, I feel like I am always having to talk to or go to him! Today we were coloring to make a letter of the week and he was eating the crayons, tearing the paper, coloring on the rug! I tried to read at circle and he was being loud so I had him sit with us then he just started scream/crying so I let him get up and he kept scream crying. Then he took the doll stroller and proceeded to run into other children. Then he was chasing my dog while I was helping a child in the bathroom and was grabbing his tail and letting him pull him. Then he took pacifiers that weren't his, but were the babies, and ran and hid his face so he could suck on them. Then at lunch as I was cooking, he was standing on the couch and kept turning off the light. Then as I was doing dishes (it was the end of lunch) one of the babies was cracking up so I look over and he was letting his milk drip out of his cup onto the floor. Then we went to brush our teeth and he sat down to brush and then ran out and chased the dog again!
Ughhhh, I have no energy left...lol
countrymom 12:00 PM 06-10-2013
omg, you better get that play pen out and you put his butt in it. If he climbs out, put him back in. Sounds like he rules the roast at home.
melilley 12:10 PM 06-10-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
omg, you better get that play pen out and you put his butt in it. If he climbs out, put him back in. Sounds like he rules the roast at home.
I think he does! He has a 13 year old sis and 15 year old sis so he is spoiled!
Oneluckymom 01:07 PM 06-10-2013
I could swear I have his twin sister here....lol ! I don't know what goes on at home but this girl NEVER sits down for more than 30'seconds and she is ALWAYS taking things that don't belong to her. As soon as she takes something and I tell her to stop she will run even faster.

She hates the high chair and has recently been throwing a fit every time it's time to eat because she doesn't want to sit in it.

Now I have a baby to care for too so when she is out of control I have no choice but to put her in the PNP.
Unregistered 12:39 PM 06-12-2013
TERM

Unless you have a GREAT deal of patience and time it is not worth it. He is not only hazardous to himself but to your group as a whole. What happens when your dog finally gets sick of having his tail pulled and bites the child.....what happens when he topples off the couch onto his head and breaks his neck? Injures a baby, gives a baby something when you are not looking and baby chokes or is allergic to it......sorry to be a worst case scenerio type person but it is YOURSELF that you need to look out for..

Dont the other parents see this behavior at pick up? I would say term or you may have some pulling their children out soon, surely you have already given out several bite reports.....
SilverSabre25 01:16 PM 06-12-2013
Sounds a lot like my son. Some boys are just like that.

And no, my son is not spoiled, nor does he rule the roost, and if I tried to put him in a pnp he would just climb out.

Honestly he sounds like a typical busy 20 month old boy. My son has been calming down a LOT in the past few weeks, so there is still hope Mine just turned 2 last week. Also, as yours gains language skills some stuff should subside. But he still won't have the impulse control.

Good luck; this type of kid is a wild ride!
Familycare71 05:13 AM 06-13-2013
I have this boy here but he is close to THREE!!! He isn't harmful to others (besides knocking friends down because he doesn't pay attention!) and is generally good natured. He is just constantly into everything!!!! It is exhausting !!! He is more work than the delayed 18month old I have!
He isn't coming for summer care (yay!!!) and when he returns he will probably be part time so that will help-
Mine is just generally clueless- not defiant or mean so I would have a hard time terming...
Meyou 05:17 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Sounds a lot like my son. Some boys are just like that.

And no, my son is not spoiled, nor does he rule the roost, and if I tried to put him in a pnp he would just climb out.

Honestly he sounds like a typical busy 20 month old boy. My son has been calming down a LOT in the past few weeks, so there is still hope Mine just turned 2 last week. Also, as yours gains language skills some stuff should subside. But he still won't have the impulse control.

Good luck; this type of kid is a wild ride!
My youngest was like this. It was like living with a 3 year long tornado in the house but she's much better at 9 than she was at 8 or 7 or 6. Those first few years though.....well there is a reason she's the youngest.
SilverSabre25 06:53 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
My youngest was like this. It was like living with a 3 year long tornado in the house but she's much better at 9 than she was at 8 or 7 or 6. Those first few years though.....well there is a reason she's the youngest.
Yeah...depending on what DS is doing I'm either wanting more, or more frequently, hinting that DH go get a vasectomy
Tags:bad behavior, biting, trouble maker
Reply Up