Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Moving and DCM's reaction...
knoxmomof2 03:26 PM 05-04-2015
So, we're buying a house. It's about 10 mins from our current location. 2/4 of the families are fine or happy with the new location, 1 is still deciding, the last is not happy. They started with me last June, she already drove just past the new area we're moving to with her last provider. I *kind of* get it since she lives 2 blocks away, so it will be the biggest change for her.

She actually seemed ticked this morning. DCD is texting me asking about the place (he's an appraiser and offered us advice when I first told them we were looking). He ends up telling me that he's trying to convince her it's not so bad. His house is in the next county, so he only transports DCG half the time. DCM is VERY opinionated/ kind of the boss of the relationship, so I have a feeling that he's not even getting a vote. Tonight, she still seemed ticked. I just ignored it until she asked if the others were good with the location. I said yeah that some were okay with it, some were happy about it. She seemed surprised, so I just said "they've been coming to me for 2 years and 2.5 years...." I *thought* it was a no-brainer that when you find good childcare, you keep them? LOL.... At this point, I think I'll just be relieved if she decides to find someone else (which I gave them plenty of notice to do if they choose, and I said that to DCD in text). I might do this daycare thing another 5 years while I homeschool my children, I'll be paying on and living in this house for over 30......
Thriftylady 03:38 PM 05-04-2015
Wow what is 10 minutes when you have a good provider who cares for your children? I just don't get people.
knoxmomof2 03:53 PM 05-04-2015
That was *kind of* what I was thinking.. LOL.. maybe she was already unhappy with me and this just did it. Whatever... I expected to lose at least 1, but we're moving to a much nicer area and I feel good about being able to fill the spot
Unregistered 05:06 PM 05-04-2015
so does she expect you not to move so you can continue to watch her kid? The nerve of some people. Either she finds another provider or she travels the additional 10 mins its not brain surgery geesh
knoxmomof2 07:30 PM 05-11-2015
I kind of felt that way too....
racemom 08:18 PM 05-11-2015
How dare you find a home that is not convenient for dcm!! You should have taken her house hunting with you, so she could approve any house you found. Okay, j/k. But some families act like they should have input into any choices we make.

Enjoy your new home, and let her deal with her issues!
daycare 08:18 PM 05-11-2015
Not sure if you were on the board last year but I had this same issue and I only moved 1.5 miles away and the DCM threw a fit. Claimed she couldn't get where on time. Lol. Yeah she left shortly after 😬
DaisyMamma 03:52 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
Not sure if you were on the board last year but I had this same issue and I only moved 1.5 miles away and the DCM threw a fit. Claimed she couldn't get where on time. Lol. Yeah she left shortly after ��
I remember that!

OP: who does she think she is, being mad that you're moving? Does she think you're going to cancel a life change because it doesn't work for her?
I'd ask her nicely not to follow... Because "under the circumstances" it wouldn't work out...
DaveA 05:10 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
so does she expect you not to move so you can continue to watch her kid?
She probably did. Some DCPs really never get over the idea that I don't work for them and make decisions based on what is best for me and my family instead of DCP's wishes. That's why I've repeatedly said providers need to make decisions based on their needs because the parents will do the same without a second thought.

Enjoy the new house.
Thriftylady 06:22 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
She probably did. Some DCPs really never get over the idea that I don't work for them and make decisions based on what is best for me and my family instead of DCP's wishes. That's why I've repeatedly said providers need to make decisions based on their needs because the parents will do the same without a second thought.

Enjoy the new house.
Ain't that the truth!!!
Reply Up