Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have You Had Success With Car Decals Or Magnets As Advertisement?
cheerfuldom 05:07 PM 07-03-2012
would love to hear your experience and if the cost would be worth the potential outcome. I have been advertising to everyone I know, CL, and will be doing a round of flyers soon. The newspaper ads locally are pricey and have never worked for me to generate a single good prospect. I have signs posted outside the neighborhood but am not allowed to advertise at my home or inside the neighborhood. I have a small daycare here so I dont want to spend a huge amount of money getting tshirts, pricey ads or anything going like that. I dont advertise in the phone book because 1. my husbands business never got much use out of the phone ads and 2. I dont want people calling all year round, just when I actually have openings.
Michael 05:31 PM 07-03-2012
Some other threads on Car Magnets: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=car+magnet
Mary Poppins 05:46 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
would love to hear your experience and if the cost would be worth the potential outcome. I have been advertising to everyone I know, CL, and will be doing a round of flyers soon. The newspaper ads locally are pricey and have never worked for me to generate a single good prospect. I have signs posted outside the neighborhood but am not allowed to advertise at my home or inside the neighborhood. I have a small daycare here so I dont want to spend a huge amount of money getting tshirts, pricey ads or anything going like that. I dont advertise in the phone book because 1. my husbands business never got much use out of the phone ads and 2. I dont want people calling all year round, just when I actually have openings.
I haven't tried them but I am in the same boat.

I am actually thinking of ordering some medium sized banners to put up in a couple places here (on sale half off at Vista Print right now!) but I'm torn because I, too, am small and don't have a huge budget for advertising!

I have done CL and gotten meh results, I have signs up at different neighborhoods and that worked for awhile but I need to move them now and I have an ad running in the local paper (but have mostly gotten calls from people looking for work grr!). So my last option is the banner thing (won't do the phone book ad, either!).

Or car magnets. But, I drive a Porsche and that might turn some people off? ("she must charge a fortune!" and "I'm not making her car payment!")

If I had a minivan I might reconsider!
cheerfuldom 06:01 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
I haven't tried them but I am in the same boat.

I am actually thinking of ordering some medium sized banners to put up in a couple places here (on sale half off at Vista Print right now!) but I'm torn because I, too, am small and don't have a huge budget for advertising!

I have done CL and gotten meh results, I have signs up at different neighborhoods and that worked for awhile but I need to move them now and I have an ad running in the local paper (but have mostly gotten calls from people looking for work grr!). So my last option is the banner thing (won't do the phone book ad, either!).

Or car magnets. But, I drive a Porsche and that might turn some people off? ("she must charge a fortune!" and "I'm not making her car payment!")

If I had a minivan I might reconsider!
I have a minivan, ha ha! but I also have a lot of mom friends that could put the sign on the car for a week or two for me. Keep passing the signs around to all my friends and see what is generated from that I guess.
Mary Poppins 06:08 PM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I have a minivan, ha ha! but I also have a lot of mom friends that could put the sign on the car for a week or two for me. Keep passing the signs around to all my friends and see what is generated from that I guess.
What a great idea!!

I'd be tempted to stick them on the back of the busses here and hope the school district doesn't notice them lol.
Truly Scrumptious 07:11 PM 07-03-2012
Get the free business cards from Vista Print and leave several on the counters of specialty children's shops in your town.
Tags:advertising ideas, car magnet
Reply Up