Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB Constantly Grabbing His Wiener
countrymom 05:39 AM 03-02-2011
he's 3.5yrs old, all day he does this. Its so gross, I make him go pee because I thought maybe thats what the problem is, but its not. Its kinda of embarressing when we go out.
gbcc 05:43 AM 03-02-2011

Sorry! I can see how it would be embarassing!

Have you told him if he keeps doing it, it may fall off? Idk, a friend of mine said that and it seemed to work!
SilverSabre25 05:49 AM 03-02-2011
"DCB if you want to touch your wiener, you need to go to the bathroom to do it."

Honestly though, I think it's a stage a lot of kids/boys go through. Sometimes girls, too. It feels good, they do it. Or maybe it bothers him that it's swinging around, lol.
Lilbutterflie 05:54 AM 03-02-2011
My four year old dcb does this often (but not always). When I confront him about it, he always says "Miss ________, it's just not right!" Meaning he has to adjust it b/c it's bothering him.

My own DS has been recently potty trained, and it bothers him if it gets stuck "up". He is always sticking his hands in his pants to "put it back down".

I would just explain that it's okay to touch it or adjust it, but he needs to go to the bathroom to do this.
jessrlee 06:02 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
My four year old dcb does this often (but not always). When I confront him about it, he always says "Miss ________, it's just not right!" Meaning he has to adjust it b/c it's bothering him.

My own DS has been recently potty trained, and it bothers him if it gets stuck "up". He is always sticking his hands in his pants to "put it back down".

I would just explain that it's okay to touch it or adjust it, but he needs to go to the bathroom to do this.
Rofl! They never grow out of it! I have had to tell hubs before that if he messes with it one more time I won't go with him again! Poor little guys though! I feel for them so I usually ignore it. If it becomes a problem just tell him to get his hands out of his pants.
squareone 06:03 AM 03-02-2011
Just make him go wash his hands every single time you catch him. No exceptions. He'll learn to stop doing it as a habit and only do it when he really needs to "adjust".
missnikki 06:34 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by jessrlee:
Rofl! They never grow out of it! I have had to tell hubs before that if he messes with it one more time I won't go with him again!
That's so true! Mine thinks he's Al Bundy, like he has a pocket sewn into the inside of his pants.

I agree with PP who said to have him wash his hands. That works for all those little 'hands in wrong places' stuff- picking nose, sucking on thumb, etc...
countrymom 07:04 AM 03-02-2011
you guys crack me up. He doesn`t put it in his pants, he like holds it for dear life, he even runs with him holding it. I`m goint to try the hand washing thing.
nannyde 07:22 AM 03-02-2011
Find a pull up or a really thick training pants that you can turn into superman or whatever hero he likes "pants" and have him decorate it, tye dye it, color it.

Then have him wear it OVER his pants. Have his Mom send him in sweats.

He needs to have a "blocker" so that when he is doing his "nervous habit" he doesn't get an actual physical sensation of comfort. He will be touching thick cloth not his little willy.

He will most likely go for it many many times a day but the blocker will send the message to him that he is doing it. He needs TIME when he can cope with real life and not have access to expending energy that way.
MyAngels 07:26 AM 03-02-2011
I have a little guy that was doing this, to the point that he was making himself raw . His mom and I decided to start putting a onesie on him to try to discourage it. It worked well, and he's stopped doing it altogether now.
lil angels 10:42 AM 03-02-2011
My ds does this if I have him in sweats or wind pants anything like this and if he is in tighter fitting clothes like jeans he is ok.
Tags:penis, privates
Reply Up