Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Local Schools Dropped Their B/A School Program!
Mary Poppins 03:37 PM 06-19-2012
I am not sure if this is a curse or a blessing.

I've been debating whether or not to take any more SA'ers at all and have been leaning toward just taking the 0 - 4 crowd but now.... Hmmm!!!!!!

For those of you who don't take SA'ers, would you reconsider if you thought that the market may be flooded with them this fall?
daycare 04:01 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Mary Poppins:
I am not sure if this is a curse or a blessing.

I've been debating whether or not to take any more SA'ers at all and have been leaning toward just taking the 0 - 4 crowd but now.... Hmmm!!!!!!

For those of you who don't take SA'ers, would you reconsider if you thought that the market may be flooded with them this fall?
welllllllll..... NO...lol

Sorry, I just can't handle SA kids all day....lol BUT if you think you can do it and you have it in you, I say Go for it......sounds like you would have a waiting list a mile long....
snbauser 04:21 PM 06-19-2012
Absolutely NOT!! LOL!! I did school agers one summer and that was the last time i will ever do that.
small_steps 04:23 PM 06-19-2012
I don't think I would want to take b/a schoolers period unless that was all that I took. At my children's school they got rid of their after school program but one of the teachers started another one up except she only does after school and it's $5 per day per kid. It's a small town and she has 15-20 kids. That's a good bit of money every day for just a couple hours after school...it's actually 2 & 1/2 hours every day.

ANyway, I'm sure that's probably not what you're looking into but it is a pretty good idea in my opinion. She got the schools permission and uses their building and has to pay no out of pocket fees to use it.
Mary Poppins 04:37 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Absolutely NOT!! LOL!! I did school agers one summer and that was the last time i will ever do that.
I can see why!!

I have ONE this summer and although he isn't a bad kid, he is driving me batty lol. I thought gosh, if only I had 5 more of him or.... none EVER AGAIN.....

Maybe I will get lucky and the other dc's here will fill up with SAers this fall and I will get calls for all the adorable little ones??
Mary Poppins 04:39 PM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by small_steps:
I don't think I would want to take b/a schoolers period unless that was all that I took. At my children's school they got rid of their after school program but one of the teachers started another one up except she only does after school and it's $5 per day per kid. It's a small town and she has 15-20 kids. That's a good bit of money every day for just a couple hours after school...it's actually 2 & 1/2 hours every day.

ANyway, I'm sure that's probably not what you're looking into but it is a pretty good idea in my opinion. She got the schools permission and uses their building and has to pay no out of pocket fees to use it.
What a smart lady!!

I only have 6 spots so I'd have to charge a premium to make it worth my while. Plus the cost of all the vodka and Xanax I'd need...
daycare 04:40 PM 06-19-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Crazy8 05:04 PM 06-19-2012
I thought of going to ONLY b/a school now that my kids are getting older but I really just don't like older kids, LOL! And our schools b/a care is cheap so i'd never get the kids anyway.
Tags:school age
Reply Up