Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OT- Election
wahmof3 11:22 AM 11-06-2012
How long do you think before we know who won the election?
crazydaycarelady 11:58 AM 11-06-2012
I don't know but I just read that Romney needs to take Virginia and Ohio to win, Obama only has to take one to win. If that IS the case then I don't even need to bother to vote after work.

I really feel like my vote doesn't count anyway.
DCMom 12:21 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
Your vote always counts, especially in a close election

IMHO, it is going to be very close. If it is too close to call in any of the swing states it could be days with recounts, absentee ballots, etc. Remember Florida in 2000 and the hanging chads? LOL~

Hopefully we will have a clear winner late tonight/early tomorrow. I'm tired of all this campaigning...as I'm sure the candidates are, too.
wahmof3 12:23 PM 11-06-2012
Every single vote counts!!! I am in Ohio and its been crazy!! But if I wasn't in Ohio I would still vote.
shelby 12:26 PM 11-06-2012
Every vote counts! Let your voice be heard!
EchoMom 01:13 PM 11-06-2012
I'm in Ohio too and I am biting my nails! I won't say who I'm hoping for, but I'm REALLLLYYYY hoping for it!
Cat Herder 01:17 PM 11-06-2012
Once the electoral votes are in
LK5kids 03:58 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I don't know but I just read that Romney needs to take Virginia and Ohio to win, Obama only has to take one to win. If that IS the case then I don't even need to bother to vote after work.

I feel that each individual vote should count.
MyAngels 04:13 PM 11-06-2012
So many of the swing states are on the east coast that if they all fall one way or the other we could have a pretty good idea pretty early.

If not, who knows - it could be a long night .
Sunshine74 09:21 PM 11-06-2012
Originally Posted by shelby:
Every vote counts! Let your voice be heard!
Unfortunately it doesn't really. If you are in a state that always votes a certain way, and you are not voting that way, it doesn't count in the least. New York and California are like that (always Democrat). It is kind of disheartening. I wish they would just go by popular vote.
LK5kids 04:04 AM 11-07-2012
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Unfortunately it doesn't really. If you are in a state that always votes a certain way, and you are not voting that way, it doesn't count in the least. New York and California are like that (always Democrat). It is kind of disheartening. I wish they would just go by popular vote.
Me too. The popular vote should decide.
shelby 04:22 AM 11-07-2012
Last night I stood in line for over 4 hours to vote.. I did not get home until after 10... and when I did, I found out they had already called the election... so for national my vote really did not count, but for the local and state I made my choice and my voice was heard! Our County had the largest voter turn out they had ever seen! That was great, but they had no way of knowing that, so they were a little unprepared...
Tags:election
Reply Up