Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Forgot What it Was Like to Have a 2-Year-Old...Need Ideas!
busymomof2 01:26 PM 10-15-2010
I currently care for 6 children (2 my own). I have primarily preschool age and do a preschool program with them. I took a 2 1/2-year old as a favor to a mom because she lived real close and drops off & picks up her son on the next street. I didn't realize how much of a problem it would cause. She has a speech delay...says only mom all day, hits, pulls hair and doesn't listen to direction. I have thought about terminating her because mom was late picking her up everyday for 2 weeks but has since corrected that since I enforced the late pick-up fee. I throw my hands up...I totally forgot what it was like to have a 2-year-old...my daughter didn't have these behaviors and I wasn't trying to teach. I need ideas to keep her busy while I am teaching the other children. I would also like ideas of what to do with her one-on-one to help her with speech and development. She doesn't like to color and she won't sit still for a book or activity. Help!!! Am I asking or expecting too much. She really throws off my whole day. If I don't get help/ideas I will have to terminate. I thought about an assistant but too much trouble and can't afford it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tags:2-year-old, activities
Up