Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>November 1, 2018
laundrymom 11:12 AM 11-01-2017
I already have it scheduled as a paid personal day. I am not doing today ever again.
Day after trick or treat is NO TREAT!!
Cat Herder 11:34 AM 11-01-2017
I hear you. I canceled circle time (aka: stop touching me time) and free art (aka: dump, smear, tear, toss and pour center) for the day. At least the big kids were easily plied with food, playground time and crashed. They were so overtired.

The diaper rashes are atrocious, though. None of the infants can get comfortable enough to rest well like that.
storybookending 11:36 AM 11-01-2017
Nice! My niece is a little over tired and cranky but that’s kind of her personality. Took a little longer to fall asleep than normal but nothing out of the ordinary has happened yet. Hoping they sleep till snack but not holding my breath.
laundrymom 11:52 AM 11-01-2017
I have one. BARKING in lue of nap today because it got him candy last night when he was dressed as a dog.
I have one who picked up her plate. Held it out to her side. And dumped it on the floor. Then dropped it in the mess.
I have one who has gas so bad I think the toxic waste squad may stop by.
One who just keeps falling asleep.
And two who "can't hear me" today.
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 11-01-2017
I pre-warned everyone and "dared" them to try and slip one past me.

I normally close on Halloween because it's my birthday but this year I stayed open and told every family I had that the behavior of the kids/parents over this holiday would dictate the number of days I was closed and the activities over the next couple holidays.

So I basically bribed them (the parents) all to behave or I'd have to take an extra long Christmas vacation with no compromise or care as to what their family's care needs are.

So far, so good.
No one is sick, tired or acting out.
HappyEverAfter 12:27 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I have one. BARKING in lue of nap today because it got him candy last night when he was dressed as a dog.
I have one who picked up her plate. Held it out to her side. And dumped it on the floor. Then dropped it in the mess.
I have one who has gas so bad I think the toxic waste squad may stop by.
One who just keeps falling asleep.
And two who "can't hear me" today.
Omg, barking? That would drive me insane! My sympathies to you for having to deal with all that nonsense today!
DaveA 12:36 PM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I pre-warned everyone and "dared" them to try and slip one past me.

I normally close on Halloween because it's my birthday but this year I stayed open and told every family I had that the behavior of the kids/parents over this holiday would dictate the number of days I was closed and the activities over the next couple holidays.

So I basically bribed them (the parents) all to behave or I'd have to take an extra long Christmas vacation with no compromise or care as to what their family's care needs are.

So far, so good.
No one is sick, tired or acting out.
Lucky you

I have one child who says his stomach hurts and he thinks he's going to puke. Course this only happens when it's time to clean up, share, etc. Another had an accident on his cot at naps (never happens with him) and is constantly pouting he couldn't bring his candy to show everyone, and a third has a meltdown at least every 30 minutes. That's all without school agers and with one absence. Jeez
storybookending 01:00 PM 11-01-2017
My crankiest one is the youngest one (11 months) who didn’t get to go trick or treating and instead was in urgent care last night. I’m blaming the crankiness on the meds they gave him to treat his skin infection that occurred in a cut he got this weekend at home.

Snack time in 1 minute and my always troubled child is still asleep. I’m scoring this as a day after Halloween win.
Hunni Bee 01:06 PM 11-01-2017
The one I expected mayhem from is out sick. The others have been super chilled. This is the best Halloween Hangover Day I've had!
Mad_Pistachio 04:11 PM 11-01-2017
Thank you for the idea
flying_babyb 05:12 PM 11-01-2017
one who screamed cause its not blue plate day
one who kept running in circles (then ran to get on his cot and smashed his head)
one who cried, then pooped in undies (3 times!!)
one who screamed all nap.

too much sugar
midaycare 06:07 PM 11-01-2017
My parents are all too health conscious- except for one. There's always that one.
Meeko 06:18 PM 11-01-2017
Ah...the fun of "Pink Puke Day".......
e.j. 06:27 PM 11-01-2017
I spent Halloween night in the ER with my dd. It took them 8 hours to diagnose her with pneumonia. Got to bed at 3:30 this morning and got up at 5:45 to get ready for my first dc kid. I was totally dreading today and the kids' Trick-or Treat hangovers. I lucked out, though. The kids were incredibly well behaved. I won't rub it in. Just had to share my post-Halloween good luck. If I had had to deal with the crud some of you had to deal with today, I think I'd be looking at my own Nov 1st closing in 2018! The barking kid would have sent me over the edge even if I had had a good night's sleep!
Tags:after halloween, days off
Reply Up