Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Off Topic
Unregistered 08:02 AM 11-18-2017
I am a registered user and this is off topic and unrelated to daycare but there is no off topic area for posting unregistered. Anyways has anyone ever had a stereotactic breast biopsy? I had a regular mammogram last week and my physician’s office called me back in again to do further tests. The results were some they found some calcification in one breast and are now wanted to do a stereotactic biopsy. I’m just wondering if anyone has any insight on this or if anyone has undergone this procedure. I know what they told me to expect but it helps hearing from those who have done this. I don’t know if I should be worried/concerned or not.
MyAngels 03:34 PM 11-18-2017
I have done it and it's very easy. It's done lying face down on a table with your breast through an opening in the table (hanging down). They use an imaging machine to guide a needle to the calcification to remove a small piece. It's not very painful at all. Most calcifications are benign (mine were) so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
racemom 07:02 PM 11-19-2017
I had one done 2 years ago. After my first mammogram ever. I was so scared, but there was no pain, laying on my stomach for the duration was the worst part of it. My results also came back negative.
Tags:biopsy, mammogram, stereo-tactic breast biopsy
Reply Up