Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late Pre-Payment
Unregistered 02:11 PM 02-03-2020
i insist on pre-payment due on Monday morning, which is when kids are usually first dropped off for the week. This week dcg is home today and tomorrow. No payment came this morning so I emailed. She said she would get it paid today. Still hasn’t though.

I’m updating my contract to include a late fee for pre-payments. In the meantime though, what do I do? I can’t “not keep her” because they weren’t planning on coming till Wednesday anyway.

I plan on letting them know when I receive payment that this should not happen again. If it does, I will term. I have no desire to chase down money from parents who don’t have to chase me down for child care.
Michael 03:16 PM 02-03-2020
Sounds like you are doing the most you can. Update your contract and make keep a late payment fee letter for future late payments. Here are some threads on Late Fee Letter Notices: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...e+fee+-+letter
Unregistered 03:54 PM 02-03-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
i insist on pre-payment due on Monday morning, which is when kids are usually first dropped off for the week. This week dcg is home today and tomorrow. No payment came this morning so I emailed. She said she would get it paid today. Still hasn’t though.

I’m updating my contract to include a late fee for pre-payments. In the meantime though, what do I do? I can’t “not keep her” because they weren’t planning on coming till Wednesday anyway.

I plan on letting them know when I receive payment that this should not happen again. If it does, I will term. I have no desire to chase down money from parents who don’t have to chase me down for child care.

I expect payment the friday before the week care is given. If payment isnt made there is $10 fee per day. Including weekends. A lot of my families will pay by venmo if they forgot their check..
Unregistered 09:29 PM 02-04-2020
I ask payment for the next week Friday am. Lets me get records done while the kids do their free play, and gives parents all day to get the payment to me if late. If not paid by Monday morning, no child care service (they should understand if they don't work for free I don't work for free). Im sure they wouldnt like it if it was payday and they didn't get paid but they don't see it that way when it happens to me. Firm policies around it helped me a lot to get better parent behaviors on this.
Tags:late fee - letter
Reply Up