Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Schedule Change
CountryRoads 01:29 PM 03-03-2020
Do you guys require X amount of time for a schedule change?

I have a family who is full time, but wants to drop down to 4 days a week. It's really not a big deal financially, and this child is temporary. So, I'm okay with it.

But it got me thinking I should require notice. If one of my full timers drastically wanted to cut down days, that would be a huge pay cut to me. I'm thinking I should put something in place going forward.

Thoughts?
AmyKidsCo 01:32 PM 03-03-2020
My policies state that I require 2 weeks notice but I haven't enforced it because it's never been a problem. Most of the changes have been PT to FT, or I could fill in with another child if a FT went PT.
CountryRoads 01:37 PM 03-03-2020
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
My policies state that I require 2 weeks notice but I haven't enforced it because it's never been a problem. Most of the changes have been PT to FT, or I could fill in with another child if a FT went PT.
Thanks!

This is the first time I've had this happen. It's funny how many policies I've added due to things I never would've thought about until it happened lol
Unregistered 03:30 PM 03-03-2020
I second a 2 week, but I would be flexible if the family is a good family, abd|or they had no notice themselves, etc.
Ariana 07:09 PM 03-03-2020
I also require a notice and they can only drop to a minimum of 3 days a week. Otherwise it is not worth it for me.
daycarediva 11:03 AM 03-04-2020
4 week notice, ONLY if my schedule allows. I won't fill a FT space with a PT kid, so to get a PT space your schedule would have to completely match with another PT schedule. There is also no guarantee of a FT opening when/if they want to change back.

Happened to a DCF with a maternity leave and they're still PT and probably won't get a FT space again until the baby can enroll.
AmyKidsCo 12:33 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Thanks!

This is the first time I've had this happen. It's funny how many policies I've added due to things I never would've thought about until it happened lol
No kidding! My parent handbook is SO long because I've had to add so many "this never happened before" policies.
Blackcat31 01:05 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I second a 2 week, but I would be flexible if the family is a good family, abd|or they had no notice themselves, etc.
I would absolutely require a 2 week notice of ANY contract change so you can adjust your budget accordingly.

I would NOT be flexible no matter how "good" this family was or wasn't as I believe that line of thinking is why most daycare parents think we (general we as providers) should consider their "loyalty" to us as a reason for them to get special.

A "good" daycare family is one that pays their fees on time and abides by the policies they agreed to upon enrollment.

I refuse to reward for doing that. It's simply expected.

Parents don't reward me for being open on time every day or providing what my contract/policies state I will provide.

Also whether they had notice or not isn't really a business concern.
Tags:schedule - changes, updating contract
Reply Up