Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
1 2 3 4 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Worried About Coronavirus?
Unregistered 05:36 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Oh my goodness BC!! That book totally predicted this.

I also looked at Snopes and yes there are some inconsistencies but this is way too coincidental and I totally agree, we are not told everything.

I am Canadian and our news is gone haywire too. Government is saying “prepare for a pandemic...but don’t panic”. Very clear message right?! store shelves are emptying and I am not sure what they expected if they want everyone to prepare for 14 days at home. Costco only has so many rolls of toilet paper!

I'm in Ontario with the nearest case about 45 minutes away. Things like rice, beans and water and dishwasher detergent are low in stock, but everything is still around yet with the exception of masks that were long gone in January.

We went out for dinner last night figuring we would not be doing as much eating out come a few weeks from now. We were the only ones there the whole time. Three staff were just sitting around on phones, each in a different corner of the place. Then went grocery shopping and found it unsettling for a few seconds to see a man in a full on non disposable respirator gas mask. Guessing this will be the new normal for awhile.
Josiegirl 08:57 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm in Ontario with the nearest case about 45 minutes away. Things like rice, beans and water and dishwasher detergent are low in stock, but everything is still around yet with the exception of masks that were long gone in January.

We went out for dinner last night figuring we would not be doing as much eating out come a few weeks from now. We were the only ones there the whole time. Three staff were just sitting around on phones, each in a different corner of the place. Then went grocery shopping and found it unsettling for a few seconds to see a man in a full on non disposable respirator gas mask. Guessing this will be the new normal for awhile.
My niece flew out of Logan yesterday, into Dallas and I thought she'd notice a big decline in travelers but evidently nope, people are still flying. I wonder if it's because they don't want to lose out on money already spent or if they think the virus is being over blown?
lovemykidstoo 09:39 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
The thing I find scariest is the lack of truthful info.

I have a grandparent of a DCK that is a regular pick up person. This grandparent has a sibling that lives part time in the US and part time in Italy. Traveling back and forth approximately every 6 weeks or so.

The other day when the grandparent picked up my DCK I noticed the sibling was with. I mentioned the sibling being home and were they home due to the Corona virus?

Grandparent said "No not at all. The virus isn't there."
I questioned them and said it's all over the news that Italy has cases of it and the number of them are climbing.

Grandparent said it's not true and the WHO as well as the CDC are just saying that to make us all panic. Grand parent went on to say they had closed cathedrals, schools and tourist places but have since re-opened them because there are no "real" cases of the virus there.

I don't follow the news super closely and know enough to know no news source is 100% truthful all the time but this grandparent's attitude/belief does have me concerned abit.

The grandparent is the main pick up person and they spend ALOT of time at their sibling's house WITH my DCK.
This hits the nail on the head. I have friends that are vacationing in Italy and Portugal right now. I messaged them and asked them how the media was handling this over there. They said they are being cautious but not overly so. Basically saying wash your hands, if someone is ill, keep your distance etc. Not like what we hear is going on over there. Then I saw this on The View FB page and the people commenting on the post saying they live in Seattle and it's just not true. The media trying to freak everyone out. More people died in 20 minutes in the Nashville area in that horrible tornado. https://abcnews.go.com/US/traffic-ex...VV4ITehU4ZVKs0
Unregistered 09:49 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I read it is up to 21 states, now. https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...he-coronavirus
Minnesota isn't on the list but as of the past few days there is a confirmed case here too.
sahm1225 02:18 PM 03-07-2020
A public high school about 1.5miles from here has a confirmed case and the school is being shut down for the week
Annalee 04:15 PM 03-07-2020
My brother has an annual conference each year and he just received word today there would be no conference to avoid flights within the U.S. or outside the U.S. for their employees.
Michael 10:56 PM 03-07-2020
I've come to some conclusions over the last few days and weeks and do not think people should be panicking. The Coronavirus seems to me to be a lot like the common flu with the exception that the common flu has a vaccine, that many take every year including the elderly. Since the Coronavirus does not have a vaccine, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems may have problems.

I believe that many of us with healthy immune systems should be just fine. There is a caveat to this- "IF" the vaccine is not implemented sooner than later, the heath care system could be overloaded. There are only so many ICU, hospital beds and respirators in the US. Like with the flu, pneumonia can be fatal if not treated. Sometimes a respirator and ICU are needed in one's recovery.

While I don't believe wearing a face mask is prudent at this time, there may be a reason to use one in the future if the hospitals and heath services become overwhelmed. Then there may be many more infected individuals in the general population that should be in hospitals or in supervised quarantine. That would make us much more prone to infection.

As a further note, I have been watching the numbers of infected and mortality rates for over a month. While my calculations may be skewed for several reasons- from what I have observed, I have seen the infected rate go from 40,000 to 110,000 in a month's time. That is a three-fold progression.

If you use a calculator and start with 40,000 as of February, and multiply it by three each month, by next January there could be 7 billion infected on the planet.

While that seems a bit absurd, the math is correct. Now, I'm sure there will be better cleaning, sanitizing, government involvement and possibly cures and vaccines before then. It still is a chilling reality if this virus is left unchecked.
lovemykidstoo 04:48 AM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by Michael:
I've come to some conclusions over the last few days and weeks and do not think people should be panicking. The Coronavirus seems to me to be a lot like the common flu with the exception that the common flu has a vaccine, that many take every year including the elderly. Since the Coronavirus does not have a vaccine, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems may have problems.

I believe that many of us with healthy immune systems should be just fine. There is a caveat to this- "IF" the vaccine is not implemented sooner than later, the heath care system could be overloaded. There are only so many ICU, hospital beds and respirators in the US. Like with the flu, pneumonia can be fatal if not treated. Sometimes a respirator and ICU are needed in one's recovery.

While I don't believe wearing a face mask is prudent at this time, there may be a reason to use one in the future if the hospitals and heath services become overwhelmed. Then there may be many more infected individuals in the general population that should be in hospitals or in supervised quarantine. That would make us much more prone to infection.

As a further note, I have been watching the numbers of infected and mortality rates for over a month. While my calculations may be skewed for several reasons- from what I have observed, I have seen the infected rate go from 40,000 to 110,000 in a month's time. That is a three-fold progression.

If you use a calculator and start with 40,000 as of February, and multiply it by three each month, by next January there could be 7 billion infected on the planet.

While that seems a bit absurd, the math is correct. Now, I'm sure there will be better cleaning, sanitizing, government involvement and possibly cures and vaccines before then. It still is a chilling reality if this virus is left unchecked.
I looked on the CDC website about the H1N1 virus that rattled the world in 2009. I'll post below the final findings. It's interesting to watch news reports on youtube regarding that.

"To calculate the burden of 2009 pandemic influenza A (pH1N1) in the United States, we extrapolated from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Emerging Infections Program laboratory-confirmed hospitalizations across the entire United States, and then corrected for underreporting. From 12 April 2009 to 10 April 2010, we estimate that approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1. Eighty-seven percent of deaths occurred in those under 65 years of age with children and working adults having risks of hospitalization and death 4 to 7 times and 8 to 12 times greater, respectively, than estimates of impact due to seasonal influenza covering the years 1976-2001. In our study, adults 65 years of age or older were found to have rates of hospitalization and death that were up to 75% and 81%, respectively, lower than seasonal influenza. These results confirm the necessity of a concerted public health response to pH1N1."
Valerie928 06:30 AM 03-08-2020

I have come to the same conclusion as you Michael. I don't panic anymore.
This virus cannot be contained. The spread can be slowed and most of the world is trying. Slowing the spread is important, it keeps the hospitals from being overwhelmed, it gives time for anti viral medications to be tested, vaccine to be made. Whoever does create the vaccine will certainly never be forgotten!
flying_babyb 08:18 AM 03-08-2020
When the first case was diagnosed in the chicago area, there was a panic and masks. Now, not so much. I live in a smaller city and most people arnt even talking about it. My boss has started spraying a instrustal daycare cleaner, but thats cause shes worried about ALL sickness (shes got heart issues, two kids are immunosuppressed and so am i)
Sunshine69 10:23 AM 03-08-2020
I’m more worried about the mass hysteria created.

Hand sanitizer is sold out everywhere and disinfecting wipes are out of stock. It’s just ridiculous. Hopefully they won’t think of buying out all the bleach because that’s what I disinfect with.

Reminds me of the craziness at the grocery store seen before a snowstorm. People think we are going to be stranded for days by snow and clean out the bread and milk supply.

I now have a dcb who’s mom wants to keep him out of school and daycare because there’s been some local folks that tested positive. Funny thing is this mom runs a restaurant and the boy is present in the restaurant often and interacts with the customers. She doesn’t plan on closing her restaurant, too. I don’t understand her logic.

After the swine flu came out, I had all the symptoms. I called my doctor and they said there was nothing they could do. They advised me to stay home and wait it out and if I didn’t start feeling better in a few days to call them back.

We have no way to test every single person for Coronavirus. We don’t know how many people just stay home and ride it out without getting tested or how much contact their family and friends have had with them.

I’m just going to keep disinfecting and encouraging the kids to wash their hands, like I always do.
Unregistered 11:17 AM 03-08-2020
I'm the one from Ontario above. Blue skies, warm and sunshine today. Seems like everyone is out and about as usual. No masks. They may be extra happy as Walmart just restocked with a rather impressive stock of hand sanitizer. Part of me is tempted to go back later today to see if it has gone.
Valerie928 12:42 PM 03-08-2020
I'm the one from Ontario above. Blue skies, warm and sunshine today. Seems like everyone is out and about as usual. No masks. They may be extra happy as Walmart just restocked with a rather impressive stock of hand sanitizer. Part of me is tempted to go back later today to see if it has gone.
It would be interesting to see if all that sanitizer is gone already! Same here in NY with the sanitizer. The other big one is toilet paper. I went grocery shopping today and took note of the emptying of the toilet paper shelf. Like we can't as human beings survive without TP. It's insane. The bottled water also. I don't get it. Water will run from the faucet last I checked anyway.
Michael 03:58 PM 03-08-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
It would be interesting to see if all that sanitizer is gone already! Same here in NY with the sanitizer. The other big one is toilet paper. I went grocery shopping today and took note of the emptying of the toilet paper shelf. Like we can't as human beings survive without TP. It's insane. The bottled water also. I don't get it. Water will run from the faucet last I checked anyway.
You can always buy PDI Sani-Hands. I bought a bunch because this article says the FBI purchased them for their agents in the field. The look pretty good. I use them also to wipe my iPhone screen, hands and TV controllers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/20/fbi-...mic-in-us.html

"PDI hand sanitizer and wipes were necessary because they kill 54 different microorganisms within 1 minute so this disinfectant has both speed and power. The agency justified awarding the contract to PDI without a formal competitive bidding process because they are the number one rated in healthcare because of this kill time."

I see they are sold out at most of the stores online.
Baby Beluga 08:22 PM 03-08-2020
I have always been in the camp of frequent hand washing, keeping a clean environment, and to disinfect, sanitize, etc, as necessary. But not overly so as our immune systems need some exposure to germs.

Because of this virus, I am fearful that people may over sanitize and as a result we might get have bigger and worse viruses and illnesses on the horizon.

You can always buy PDI Sani-Hands. I bought a bunch because this article says the FBI purchased them for their agents in the field. The look pretty good. I use them also to wipe my iPhone screen, hands and TV controllers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/20/fbi-...mic-in-us.html

"PDI hand sanitizer and wipes were necessary because they kill 54 different microorganisms within 1 minute so this disinfectant has both speed and power. The agency justified awarding the contract to PDI without a formal competitive bidding process because they are the number one rated in healthcare because of this kill time."

I see they are sold out at most of the stores online.
I like that these are 1 minute vs the 4 (?) Clorox wipes require.
DaveA 05:45 AM 03-09-2020
After looking things over I'm far more concerned about people's reactions to the virus than the virus itself. Neither "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" or "It's nothing at all" is helpful. It will only take a little bit of stupidity to cause some major problems.
Cat Herder 06:13 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaveA:
After looking things over I'm far more concerned about people's reactions to the virus than the virus itself. Neither "OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" or "It's nothing at all" is helpful. It will only take a little bit of stupidity to cause some major problems.
Like the family that was possibly exposed attending a father/daughter dance at their local school after being told to self-quarantine? https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-c...f809e7778.html
Unregistered 06:40 AM 03-09-2020
Like the family that was possibly exposed attending a father/daughter dance at their local school after being told to self-quarantine? https://www.kmov.com/news/st-louis-c...f809e7778.html

Brings a whole new level to the won't say no, no cry parenting.
Snowmom 07:02 AM 03-09-2020
I just heard the first case has been identified in MN (Ramsey county). I haven't read any detail but from what I have heard it is an elderly man that was on a cruise.

Found a link to it http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ase/568566962/

The second case is in my neighboring county.

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard from DHS directly. Usually my county's licensing reps are on top of this kind of stuff. When swine flu was a threat, they emailed us weekly with information and policy suggestions. I haven't heard one word from them in the last month except about the update to fingerprinting costs.
MyAngels 08:12 AM 03-09-2020
My son and his family were scheduled for a cruise here in a couple of weeks. It's cancelled, full refund given. I'm actually glad for this. I wouldn't step foot on a cruise ship right now, not because I'm afraid of catching anything, but because I'm afraid I'd be stuck on that thing forever
Snowmom 08:17 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
My son and his family were scheduled for a cruise here in a couple of weeks. It's cancelled, full refund given. I'm actually glad for this. I wouldn't step foot on a cruise ship right now, not because I'm afraid of catching anything, but because I'm afraid I'd be stuck on that thing forever
We have one scheduled for December. Even though that's a long way away, I'm a little weary about even going then!
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
We have one scheduled for December. Even though that's a long way away, I'm a little weary about even going then!
We are scheduled to attend a family wedding in Chicago this September... my husband has already started talking about not going.

Yes, I have not heard a word from licensing here either.
I think maybe with the newish requirement of having an emergency preparedness plan that they assume we have it covered.

I dunno....the whole thing makes me uncomfortable but I guess other than being diligent in washing hands and covering your cough as well as staying home when sick there isn't much else we can do.

I am lucky enough though that I live in a small enough community that there isn't widespread panic and we can still swing by Target or Walmart and buy supplies as normal.

I checked both stores over the weekend to see if there was any disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer and toilet paper on the shelf and both stores had plenty of all of it.
MyAngels 09:48 AM 03-09-2020
I had to laugh at the headline in my local paper this morning. Something to the effect of - Amtrak reports a woman who possibly tested positive was on a train that passed through our station . Oh my, batten down the hatches, we're all in big trouble now!
DaveA 11:57 AM 03-09-2020
I had to laugh at the headline in my local paper this morning. Something to the effect of - Amtrak reports a woman who possibly tested positive was on a train that passed through our station . Oh my, batten down the hatches, we're all in big trouble now!
We have the same thing going on here. My reaction sto the coverage is somewhere between and
Ariana 12:30 PM 03-09-2020

Same here with the pictures of empty toilet paper racks! Meanwhile I have yet to see it
Second Home 03:30 PM 03-09-2020
I went to Walmart for a car headlight . So I figured I would pick up some allergy meds for my son as he is almost out. The medicine aisle was almost bare . I grabbed 2 bottles since and a woman behind me asked if I wanted any more because she was going to buy all that was left . I have been to 3 stores over the weekend . No one had bleach or cleaning supplies/ wipes . Toilet paper supply is low as well as medicine .
flying_babyb 05:06 PM 03-09-2020
Just got a bunch of infromation from the health department about corona, and were in a state with only 2 cases.
Josiegirl 03:41 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
Just got a bunch of infromation from the health department about corona, and were in a state with only 2 cases.
Two "known" cases. My feeling is where there are 2, there's got to be more. How many cases are going unreported, undetected and untested? I feel many of the people who become sick with this are calling it a cold, virus, flu, whatever and probably not even going to the dr. Same with children.
Supposedly there were 2 in my state as of yesterday, also. But I'm thinking how many are walking around being contagious and don't know. Then there are those idiots who are knowingly exposing others and don't seem to care at all!! I'm really trying to keep a mind balance of:
stay healthy and take care of myself as well as I can, keep a social distance(easy for me to do Lol), don't panic, it's going to make it's rounds no matter what, keep an extra good eye on friends/family that are most vulnerable and KEEP CALM.
Ariana 05:04 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I went to Walmart for a car headlight . So I figured I would pick up some allergy meds for my son as he is almost out. The medicine aisle was almost bare . I grabbed 2 bottles since and a woman behind me asked if I wanted any more because she was going to buy all that was left . I have been to 3 stores over the weekend . No one had bleach or cleaning supplies/ wipes . Toilet paper supply is low as well as medicine .
So glad you got your sons medications!!

I guess it must be happening in some places but not in my City! The stocks get low during the day but are replenished at night when the “stock boys” work. This might change as we get more cases. They are reporting the first death in Canada but it was an 80 yr old man in a nursing home. Not that his death is meaningless but the elderly are much more affected by all viruses.
Msdunny 05:56 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Two "known" cases. My feeling is where there are 2, there's got to be more. How many cases are going unreported, undetected and untested? I feel many of the people who become sick with this are calling it a cold, virus, flu, whatever and probably not even going to the dr. Same with children.
Supposedly there were 2 in my state as of yesterday, also. But I'm thinking how many are walking around being contagious and don't know. Then there are those idiots who are knowingly exposing others and don't seem to care at all!! I'm really trying to keep a mind balance of:
stay healthy and take care of myself as well as I can, keep a social distance(easy for me to do Lol), don't panic, it's going to make it's rounds no matter what, keep an extra good eye on friends/family that are most vulnerable and KEEP CALM.
We had one last week, and now we are up to 6 in our county. I am trying to decide whether to send my updated illness reminder home. I am not worried for me, necessarily, but my dad just got home from the hospital and I wouldn't want hime exposed. Although he may have been more exposed IN the hospital than at home, honestly.
Baby Beluga 01:13 PM 03-10-2020
Almost everyone has experienced the shortage of disinfect wipes, bottled water and toilet paper.

Now, baby wipes, diapers and formula are becoming short on stock.
Sunshine69 01:31 PM 03-10-2020
Bleach is out of stock here, too.

Did folks not clean before this? 🤷*♀️
Unregistered 03:03 PM 03-10-2020
It's like holding back the tide. You can't do much except for what you normally do, follow hygiene etiquette, clean and disinfect like normal, if you're sick stay home, and clean your phone's, LOL. People are acting ridiculous, I just saw a post on Nextdoor saying "where was the person who got diagnosed so I can stay away from that Neighbourhood". I think experienced caregivers may be the only sane people on the planet right now because we know you can only do so much and you still might get sick.
flying_babyb 05:21 PM 03-10-2020
pretty much all disinfectants, bleach, clorox wipes and vinegar was completely out of stock at the local woodman's today! Kinda funny too cause were not a major city. Funny thing is, our centers more worried about head lice (EWWW!) right now. Not a single parent has batted a eye at my hacking cough either (I know what its from, been to the doc, and diagnosed with non contagious bronchitis (again))
Jupadia 06:28 PM 03-10-2020
About the only thing I stocked up on, that is now have enough for about two weeks is cough and cold meds, kids advil and kids tylenol. Also got a few pedialyte powders for the kids (have not purchased those in past) and made sure to grab a new inhaler for my asthma. Also did grab a few lysol sprays, but those are mostly for DC, I wanted a small stockpile while they still had some.
Some stores have been sold out or low on tp but others are fine, I did grab a case now as we just recently opened one, to have an extra around in case that's hard to find. Hand sanitizer cant be found and rubbing alcohol. I did score a few bottles of rubbing alcohol tonight at a small little store, but I use it to clean our floors mostly.

Other then that my one kids got some viral bug right now, but not the convid virus (mo contact with any one that could have it yet). He did go to doctor today cause he already been sick for a few. Right now I've avoided saying why they have not seen him. I just hope the poor kid can breath better tomorrow he is all stuffed up.
Annalee 07:35 PM 03-10-2020
Many Hospitals here have temporarily limited visitors to one per patient. Hotels across the state Have had major cancellations as well. The cancellation number was 50,000 today.

While I’m concerned and conscience of the seriousness, I’m afraid many are freaking out to the point of being reclusive till this is over.
storybookending 09:35 PM 03-10-2020
So far the craziness has not hit here. I am pretty rural (WI).. Nearest “big” city 2.5 hours away in either direction. I went to Walmart tonight. Medication section was fully stocked, cleaning products as well, bleach section actually looked larger than normal but they’re also remodeling so stuff is kind of everywhere. Toilet paper was a little bare but they were unloading a huge pallet when I walked by. I can’t speak of masks as I do not know where those are even kept if I’m being honest. Didn’t check on hand sanitizer as I also don’t know where they keep that as I buy mine at the dollar store. Soap aisle was stocked and a nurse was in the aisle talking to someone she knows about how it’s crazy how many people act as if washing hands is a new thing. Local high school cancelled at least one (but I’m assuming all) spring break club trips to Europe. 3 confirmed cases in my state so far.
Josiegirl 03:37 AM 03-11-2020
Ok so...my niece is in the middle of a trip to Texas, not near all the infected areas(but who really knows???) and is going back home, via Logan in Boston, early next week. Then she drives back home to Maine. Then, within a couple days, she wants to come visit her parents, both elderly and her dad has a very compromised immune system. He would never survive this virus and I highly doubt my sister would either.
I don't want to high jack this thread but can you see how my sister does NOT think this would be a good idea, and SHE feels selfish???? I told her I think she's being smart!!
I wish I could talk my niece into NOT visiting for at least a couple of weeks. I think my sister should stand up to her dd and tell her NO, do NOT come. But unfortunately, she's a complete sheep when her dd tells her what needs to happen. Her dd is very sweet, very bossy, very stubborn and denies just as well as the rest of us. But I also know she couldn't live with herself if anything happened like that scenario.
Annalee 05:06 AM 03-11-2020
Did you see where Walmart is encouraging people to use the shopping app for groceries or Walmart.com for big orders? This worry is taking it's toll on everything!
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by storybookending:
how it’s crazy how many people act as if washing hands is a new thing.
This is so true. My husband said "Well maybe some of these people walking around in their pajama pants looking like they don't own a comb will finally take a shower."

I've heard many people make comments about needing to start washing their hands etc... I'm like "start????"

I've also noticed that is I use a public rest room that everyone is washing their hands now. Kinds makes me grossed out at the idea that so many didn't do it before.

Originally Posted by Annalee:
Did you see where Walmart is encouraging people to use the shopping app for groceries or Walmart.com for big orders? This worry is taking it's toll on everything!
Well, considering some of the people I have seen in Walmart, I think limiting the number of people out and about seems kind of nice.
Annalee 06:28 AM 03-11-2020
This is so true. My husband said "Well maybe some of these people walking around in their pajama pants looking like they don't own a comb will finally take a shower."

I've heard many people make comments about needing to start washing their hands etc... I'm like "start????"

I've also noticed that is I use a public rest room that everyone is washing their hands now. Kinds makes me grossed out at the idea that so many didn't do it before.

Well, considering some of the people I have seen in Walmart, I think limiting the number of people out and about seems kind of nice.

LittleExplorers 11:19 AM 03-11-2020
We are scheduled to attend a family wedding in Chicago this September... my husband has already started talking about not going.

Yes, I have not heard a word from licensing here either.
I think maybe with the newish requirement of having an emergency preparedness plan that they assume we have it covered.

I dunno....the whole thing makes me uncomfortable but I guess other than being diligent in washing hands and covering your cough as well as staying home when sick there isn't much else we can do.

I am lucky enough though that I live in a small enough community that there isn't widespread panic and we can still swing by Target or Walmart and buy supplies as normal.

I checked both stores over the weekend to see if there was any disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer and toilet paper on the shelf and both stores had plenty of all of it.

The only thing I got from my licensor was that the county has a plan if needed and will send out information if or when it's necessary. Other than that, they said to follow the CDC guidelines. I like that they aren't escalating the panic already out there.
Bluemoon5 02:04 PM 03-11-2020
We're up to I think 23 cases now here. None in the counties where I live or work yet. Many schools here were either closed or had a half day earlier in the week so they could plan for if they had to close.

Just went to the store and decided to check out various aisles just to see. Medication wasn't too bad, a few bare spots. Cleaning aisle was mostly stripped. No bleach, a handful of soaps, lots of bare spots in general cleaning/disinfecting. Paper aisle was the worst. Absolutely no toilet paper, very few paper towels and tissues. All of these items had signs about limits too.

I feel like people seem to think they'll be barricaded in their houses for months or something. It's not the apocalypse, people. There has to be a happy medium somewhere between "it's all a conspiracy, there's nothing wrong" and "panic! It's the end of the world"
TomCopeland 02:10 PM 03-11-2020
I'll be on a panel discussion of the coronavirus and how it will affect child care programs on Friday, March 20th from 2:00-3:30pm Eastern Time.

It's called Bracing for COVID-19: What Early Childhood Programs Need to Know and Consider Now

It's free and you can register here: https://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.c...-consider-now/

I'll be discussing how to revise your contract and policies to plan ahead if you are shutting down or parents are leaving your program temporarily. I'll also be discussing what insurance companies offer loss of business income coverage.
Ac114 03:51 AM 03-12-2020
I’m starting to get a little nervous. We have 4 confirmed cases here in Ohio. The Ohio university has closed their campus until the end of March with several other universities following suit. I just received a called from our school district that all activities that involve persons that are not students have been cancelled i.e muffins with mom, book fair etc. they will have a decision this evening if all after school events will be cancelled as well. Our Governor has declared a state of emergency and canceled the Arnold classic. It’s the biggest event in Ohio that brings in millions of dollars for our state. He’s also asking that no one travel outside of Ohio and may close the borders to our state.
My concern is that my oldest child has asthma and my husband has several auto immune diseases. What happens if they come down with the virus?! I don’t know what to think anymore and with the mixed information from social media and the news, it does make me wonder.
CeriBear 04:34 AM 03-12-2020
Hand sanitizer is in short supply too. Seems folks are stocking up on it. I like to keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer hooked on my belt loop because I can’t always get to soap and water when we are outside on the playground.
Am I concerned, yes. Am I freaking out panicking, no. I think part of the reason for the panic and stocking up on things is that the virus is new and the media is playing into people’s fears. It was the same way a few years ago when the swine flu hit.
That said, I am taking precautions. We do not have any confirmed cases in my area but I am not going to places like movie theaters or sporting events until the virus is more contained. I am also being much more diligent in keeping my classroom wiped down with disinfectant and screening children for symptoms.
Meadow 05:07 AM 03-12-2020
Two of my dc families are traveling to Florida in two weeks. Should I be asking them to not to attend until 14 days after they return home? I don't want to be getting ahead of myself, but this is spreading rapidly.
Ariana 06:06 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Meadow:
Two of my dc families are traveling to Florida in two weeks. Should I be asking them to not to attend until 14 days after they return home? I don't want to be getting ahead of myself, but this is spreading rapidly.
Absolutely! I don’t think people are doing enough or acting fast enough. People shut down after it gets out of control.

Why people are still travelling I have no idea!!! It’s a Pandemic!!
MomBoss 06:21 AM 03-12-2020
I have a vacation to FL at the end of April, i really hope it doesnt make me have to cancel my trip! I really need a vacation lol
Ariana 06:43 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I have a vacation to FL at the end of April, i really hope it doesnt make me have to cancel my trip! I really need a vacation lol
I hear ya but a vacation at home can be just as relaxing! Even more so
Unregistered 08:35 AM 03-12-2020
Canada has first case of a child with covid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5494970
Second Home 09:08 AM 03-12-2020
I got a message this morning from a dcm , she said that she is going to keep dck home and they are going to self isolate until they have more information . Dcm and dck had fevers last week and still have a cough . Dr did flu test that came back negative.
They have family in an area with confirmed cases that they visit weekly.

Not the way I wanted to start the day.
Valerie928 09:45 AM 03-12-2020
I got a message this morning from a dcm , she said that she is going to keep dck home and they are going to self isolate until they have more information . Dcm and dck had fevers last week and still have a cough . Dr did flu test that came back negative.

That is concerning. It just seems like the situation as a whole is growing out of control. I had to cancel my father's birthday celebration this coming Saturday because he is scared ( turning 70) He doesn't want to be in crowds. My daughter's college is closed for 2 weeks. I just want it all to go away😟
Michael 11:06 AM 03-12-2020
That is concerning. It just seems like the situation as a whole is growing out of control. I had to cancel my father's birthday celebration this coming Saturday because he is scared ( turning 70) He doesn't want to be in crowds. My daughter's college is closed for 2 weeks. I just want it all to go away
My daughters 21st Birthday is on Monday. I had a limo for her and her friends to club hop in Hollywood. Her friends are worried about being in crowds and she can no longer get her friends to go along so I canceled the limo and she is staying home. I had to lose the $200 deposit. I have dinner reservations for my anniversary on Saturday and hope the restaurant stays open. I was getting normal things a Costco yesterday. You could sense the quiet panic even though there were massive amounts of people checking out.
Annalee 11:13 AM 03-12-2020
My daughters 21st Birthday is on Monday. I had a limo for her and her friends to club hop in Hollywood. Her friends are worried about being in crowds and she can no longer get her friends to go along so I canceled the limo and she is staying home. I had to lose the $200 deposit. I have dinner reservations for my anniversary on Saturday and hope the restaurant stays open. I was getting normal things a Costco yesterday. You could sense the quiet panic even though there were massive amounts of people checking out.
Tennessee is in panic mode too
Ariana 11:17 AM 03-12-2020
Canada has first case of a child with covid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5494970
My brother lives in Calgary . Luckily his kids don’t go to that centre but still. I feel for the other kids and families.
Ariana 11:19 AM 03-12-2020

Oh no! What are you going to do? We just had a case here, the guy worked 2 minutes from my house. Who knows if he was at the grocery store or drugstore at the same time as me or anyone else.
CenterTeacher20 11:23 AM 03-12-2020
Just typed up a letter to give to our DCP at the end of the day regarding exclusions for ANY symptoms. Cant wait for all of the complaints to roll in tomorrow.
LittleExplorers 11:32 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
I'll be on a panel discussion of the coronavirus and how it will affect child care programs on Friday, March 20th from 2:00-3:30pm Eastern Time.

It's called Bracing for COVID-19: What Early Childhood Programs Need to Know and Consider Now

It's free and you can register here: https://www.earlychildhoodwebinars.c...-consider-now/

I'll be discussing how to revise your contract and policies to plan ahead if you are shutting down or parents are leaving your program temporarily. I'll also be discussing what insurance companies offer loss of business income coverage.
It's great that this is free and also being recorded. What an awesome resource!
Valerie928 11:39 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
Just typed up a letter to give to our DCP at the end of the day regarding exclusions for ANY symptoms. Cant wait for all of the complaints to roll in tomorrow.
My notice goes home with families tomorrow. There will be a lot of audible eye rolls shot my way but whatever.
MomBoss 11:51 AM 03-12-2020
I hear ya but a vacation at home can be just as relaxing! Even more so
I leave home once a week. Im such a hermit. I dont want to be at home lol. I wish they would quarentine the country NOW so that things can get back up n running in a month.
CenterTeacher20 11:51 AM 03-12-2020
My notice goes home with families tomorrow. There will be a lot of audible eye rolls shot my way but whatever.
I've luckily developed a backbone as of recently so I'm ready for it.
Valerie928 11:55 AM 03-12-2020
I've luckily developed a backbone as of recently so I'm ready for it.
Good for you! I am getting there!
Valerie928 11:56 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
I leave home once a week. Im such a hermit. I dont want to be at home lol. I wish they would quarentine the country NOW so that things can get back up n running in a month.
I am a hermit too and I agree, quarantine everyone!
Ac114 12:11 PM 03-12-2020
Ohio has just announced a mandatory closing of all public schools for the next 3 weeks, effective Monday. LET THE CHAOS BEGIN!
Ac114 12:27 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Ohio has just announced a mandatory closing of all public schools for the next 3 weeks, effective Monday. LET THE CHAOS BEGIN!
Correction: it is ALL schools, public, private and charter.
CenterTeacher20 12:35 PM 03-12-2020
I h ave a family surprising their 2 boys with a vacation to Florida on Monday for a week. I don't know whether to exclude or not once they return.... I think it'd be smart, I want to bring it up to them today to give them time to think about it before they leave for their vacation on Monday but I dont even know how to bring it up to them. Advice?
Snowmom 12:45 PM 03-12-2020
I h ave a family surprising their 2 boys with a vacation to Florida on Monday for a week. I don't know whether to exclude or not once they return.... I think it'd be smart, I want to bring it up to them today to give them time to think about it before they leave for their vacation on Monday but I dont even know how to bring it up to them. Advice?
My letter goes out tonight. I'm placing additional temporary exclusions to my illness policy.
In it, I did ask everyone to tell me if they are traveling over Spring Break (2 weeks from now) as there may be daycare attendance restrictions in the coming weeks for families that have traveled to certain areas of the US.
Jupadia 01:19 PM 03-12-2020
So they just announced that they are closing publicly funded schools for our whole province (Ontario). So my kids have school tomorrow, then spring break for a week. After that schools will be closed till April 5. Also now I dont think the teachers strike that was possible for this same timewill have the same hold in parents. I hope they settle so my kids can go back when the virus thing has passed.

They have only just let us know of this, so I dont know if it will also effect daycare run by the province or centers located in schools.

I'm homebase so I'm not planning on closing yet, I want to remain open unless one of us living here gets it, I cant afford just to close my doors for weeks on end. I only have two of my spaces currently filled, so I dont want to losse clients.
Cat Herder 01:36 PM 03-12-2020
My Governor: "issued a call to action for educators, schools and day cares to consider closing as early as tomorrow. He said this is not a mandate, but is encouraging districts to make the best decisions for their own communities."

Boxing him up some scratch feed now, he seems a bit peckish.
dolores 01:47 PM 03-12-2020
Boxing him up some scratch feed now, he seems a bit peckish.
Lol..you are funny ! Appreciate the laugh as the anxiety in the air is thick!
Second Home 03:36 PM 03-12-2020
Oh no! What are you going to do? We just had a case here, the guy worked 2 minutes from my house. Who knows if he was at the grocery store or drugstore at the same time as me or anyone else.
I am required to contact the health department and report the illness . I'm going to assume they will contact the family . Hopefully they will also let me know if I need to do anything about informing the other families .

They just announced that all schools in the state of Maryland will close for 2 weeks starting on Monday . More information about daycares is supposed to come tonight.
Ariana 03:38 PM 03-12-2020
All schools closed in my province until April 6th I am shutting down for 3 weeks too. Already cleared it with the families. Things are getting real and I don’t want to chance it.

Husbands office and almost all the offices in my area are shutting down and telling workers to work from home.

No idea what people are doing who have to work and now have to scramble to find childcare. Nothing being said about daycares as usual.
Ac114 05:07 AM 03-13-2020
Well they just announced 3 students from our local schools have been in contact with someone that has a confirmed case of the virus. They are under self quarantine at the moment. They are not symptomatic but we will receive updates if anything changes. 😩😩
MomBoss 05:14 AM 03-13-2020
All schools closed in my province until April 6th I am shutting down for 3 weeks too. Already cleared it with the families. Things are getting real and I don’t want to chance it.

Husbands office and almost all the offices in my area are shutting down and telling workers to work from home.

No idea what people are doing who have to work and now have to scramble to find childcare. Nothing being said about daycares as usual.
Are you still requiring payment? Im not sure what i should do if it gets bad where im at! I need to pay my bills but i dont want to be a monster.
redmaple 05:59 AM 03-13-2020

Also in Ontario, and will decide by end of day if I'm closing. Looks like in my town most are staying open. Some are switching to calling themselves "daycamps" advertising they will take 10 kids as spouse is home too. For only $50 a day! Major drama unfolding over that.

Panic shopping began once the word of the 3 week school closure went out. People were posting pictures of our Walmart shelves picked clean and lines of people around the store. We have no confirmed cases in our area. Should get interesting in a few weeks when we do, when community spread actually starts.

Saying we must close the school to protect everyone, but nothing about daycare baffles me too. What age group knows the least about virus hygiene and personal space. They slobber on everything, lick everything and everyone in sight, hand you their boogers and need help wiping their nose.
Jupadia 06:01 AM 03-13-2020
Our schools are shuting down (publicly funded both our public and catholic school boards) for 3 weeks.
They have said that daycares in school buildings and other centers are still open at this time. So far no closers for daycares or home daycares are required. They are suggesting sending kids home at first signs of illness though.
I have agreed to take one extra kid after March break next week (parents already have a camp set up for then), he is a brother to one of the other children in care. I currently have low enrollment had two kids leave last month on unrelated resons. One was mom list job, and other parents were approved for subsidized care which I cant offer. Now I'm weighing the income vs the risk if I get any parents calling for temp care during the school canccled time after March break. That's if parents call.
Cat Herder 06:16 AM 03-13-2020
Our school system shut down until March 27th, closed today for a teacher's workday.

The issue I see is that spring break is scheduled for April 6th-10th. Are they really going to open for one week then close again? Stay closed through April 10th? Take away spring break entirely?

I have plans and am closed spring break, too. I don't really want to give that up. The next scheduled break longer than one day won't be until October. I need my break.
Annalee 06:56 AM 03-13-2020
Our school system shut down until March 27th, closed today for a teacher's workday.

The issue I see is that spring break is scheduled for April 6th-10th. Are they really going to open for one week then close again? Stay closed through April 10th? Take away spring break entirely?

I have plans and am closed spring break, too. I don't really want to give that up. The next scheduled break longer than one day won't be until October. I need my break.
I am not a panic person but whatever my personal feelings are, I think we will see a major shutdown of everything and the economy will be affected in the next short while. Just some FYI that I think will happen! Not saying I don't feel all this is serious just that I see this coming.
Cat Herder 06:58 AM 03-13-2020
I am not a panic person but whatever my personal feelings are, I think we will see a major shutdown of everything and the economy will be affected in the next short while. Just some FYI that I think will happen! Not saying I don't feel all this is serious just that I see this coming.
Oh, I know you are right. We peeked at our retirement funds. Like a gut punch. We've been through it before, we will go through it again. We have no choice but to continue on and scale down for the next one.
Annalee 10:09 AM 03-13-2020
Oh, I know you are right. We peeked at our retirement funds. Like a gut punch. We've been through it before, we will go through it again. We have no choice but to continue on and scale down for the next one.
https://www.irishpost.com/news/break...arch-29-181528

Although this link is about Ireland, I feel it will happen here after the speech at 3 today.

We have friends in Oklahoma that work with the CDC. They called us last night warning us of the announcement coming today. Told us to go get groceries but said they couldn't tell us what would be said, just to prepare!
Valerie928 11:03 AM 03-13-2020
https://www.irishpost.com/news/break...arch-29-181528

Although this link is about Ireland, I feel it will happen here after the speech at 3 today.

We have friends in Oklahoma that work with the CDC. They called us last night warning us of the announcement coming today. Told us to go get groceries but said they couldn't tell us what would be said, just to prepare!
It didn't say anything about closing grocery stores.
lovemykidstoo 11:06 AM 03-13-2020
Our schools last night announced they were closing for 3 weeks. One of those weeks (the last one) they are on spring break anyway. I was at Walmart this morning and the shelves are cleared. The man working there said it was insane. He said as soon as the word went out that the schools were closed people came in there and bought everything. There is absolutely no toilet paper, hand soap, rubbing alcohol among other things. For some reason toilet paper is huge on people's lists. Is it like that anywhere else with the toilet paper? We can't figure it out.

My concern with closing schools is now most kids will go to grandma and grandpas houses while mom and dad work. Grandparents are highest risk group, so will this backfire? Would it have been safer to leave the lowest risk group in school?
Ariana 11:15 AM 03-13-2020
I am not requiring payment while closed. I never charge for closures. Luckily we are financially dependent only on DHs paycheck. My paycheck is gravy otherwise I would likely stay open and charge.

People going mad at the stores here too. Ticks me off. We prepared for self quarantine weeks ago when we were advised by the health department. So many people online saying people who were preparing back then were morons and “we are not worried, business as usual” because they were too cool to prepare Well guess who is panicked now!! I need regular perishables and dread going to the store. Might make the 30 minute drive to the next town
Annalee 12:04 PM 03-13-2020
It didn't say anything about closing grocery stores.
No, but supplies will be limited anyway with issues compounding the longer things go.
Annalee 12:05 PM 03-13-2020
My tenth grader is bringing his chrome book home as school will be online till end of month for sure, but be prepared for end of school year!
Jupadia 01:16 PM 03-13-2020
They announced today that the daycares that are both publicly and privately run out of schools may close as well. They have left it up to each school board to make the decision. The ones in our district will be closing, as well as any events held in the schools. Such as swim programs and such.
So far nothing has been said for other daycares not operating out of schools or home daycares. Just for us to monitor kids and send home for first signs of illness.
Still planning on staying open for as long as I'm able to. I only have 2 kids currently enrolled so it's a small group.
Ariana 04:06 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
They announced today that the daycares that are both publicly and privately run out of schools may close as well. They have left it up to each school board to make the decision. The ones in our district will be closing, as well as any events held in the schools. Such as swim programs and such.
So far nothing has been said for other daycares not operating out of schools or home daycares. Just for us to monitor kids and send home for first signs of illness.
Still planning on staying open for as long as I'm able to. I only have 2 kids currently enrolled so it's a small group.
Yep! So now we are underpaid under appreciated DRs who can diagnose kids symptoms

You can really see how when the poop hits the fan the essential services have to continue:
Medical
Police
Fire
Daycare

Yet WE are paid the least.
Jupadia 05:38 PM 03-13-2020
Yep! So now we are underpaid under appreciated DRs who can diagnose kids symptoms

You can really see how when the poop hits the fan the essential services have to continue:
Medical
Police
Fire
Daycare

Yet WE are paid the least.
I know, if we were better paid I could afford to close, but losing 2 kids last month sucked. My 5th spot just opened up at the start of January cause my guy turned 4 at end of December.

At least I was half planning to have the kids home after the break because of the teachers strike. Which I think is going to be called off, the catholic school board reach a tentative deal. So at least once this passes kids will have school. Mine are in public but I'm hoping they follow suit.
flying_babyb 06:39 PM 03-13-2020
wisconsin announced today. Had so many parents panicked at pick up and telling us they were gonna end up broke paying for care and then trying to beg my boss to take there kids. Were praying we dont have to close.
Josiegirl 03:54 AM 03-14-2020
Can someone explain to me how it works for people traveling abroad and trying to get back home now? I saw where Trump imposed a 30 day ban for flying into the U.S., except for certain groups of people, started last night at midnight. I also saw where some airlines had jacked their 1 way tickets up to 5(maybe 7?)thousand but that stopped when there was a 1000 cap put on. Hate price gougers.
My niece's dh is in Sweden and was going to fly home today but not sure what's happening now. Sweden has hundreds of confirmed cases IIRC. IMO, for a dr., he didn't do a terribly bright thing by traveling anyways.
Michael 04:31 AM 03-14-2020
Can someone explain to me how it works for people traveling abroad and trying to get back home now? I saw where Trump imposed a 30 day ban for flying into the U.S., except for certain groups of people, started last night at midnight. I also saw where some airlines had jacked their 1 way tickets up to 5(maybe 7?)thousand but that stopped when there was a 1000 cap put on. Hate price gougers.
My niece's dh is in Sweden and was going to fly home today but not sure what's happening now. Sweden has hundreds of confirmed cases IIRC. IMO, for a dr., he didn't do a terribly bright thing by traveling anyways.
My understanding is traveling Americans were exempt from the ban but will need further screening at customs upon return.
Cat Herder 05:54 AM 03-14-2020
A friend of mine just came back from a cruise bahamas/cozumel (unaffected) and now has to quarantine for two weeks. She is not allowed to go home (senior in the home) or work. She did not plan for that or expect it. She will be holed up in a hotel room with another passenger, now. She was aware of the crisis on other ship before she boarded, though, so.....
CeriBear 06:31 AM 03-14-2020
My center is lowering the fever threshold from over 100 to over 99.
I went to the drugstore on the way home from work and they had a sign up saying that customers are limited to one package of paper products like toilet paper, Kleenex, diapers etc.
Ariana 07:05 AM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by CeridwenLynne:
My center is lowering the fever threshold from over 100 to over 99.
I went to the drugstore on the way home from work and they had a sign up saying that customers are limited to one package of paper products like toilet paper, Kleenex, diapers etc.
They really need to start doing this more! No one can find bread, eggs, toilet paper. It is getting out of hand. I usually buy those big packs of kleenex for the daycare and my fall supply is running low so thought I would get another. Cannot find them anywhere. Ended up having to buy a couple of single boxes for $2 each.
e.j. 07:39 AM 03-15-2020
They really need to start doing this more! No one can find bread, eggs, toilet paper. It is getting out of hand. I usually buy those big packs of kleenex for the daycare and my fall supply is running low so thought I would get another. Cannot find them anywhere. Ended up having to buy a couple of single boxes for $2 each.
My husband and I went shopping last night and while we knew we wouldn't find toilet paper and cleaning and sanitizing supplies, we were surprised at the number of shelves and freezers that were stripped bare. Frozen food, canned fruits and veggies, bread, milk, feminine products, OTC medications..... all gone. We've had runs on staples before when a bad snowstorm is predicted but nothing that compares to what's happening now. We spoke with a man working at one large warehouse store we went to and he said from opening to about 1:00 pm, the crowds were so large, lines went from the front of the store to the back and then wrapped across the back of the store. They had to call in security because of the number of people who showed up and because arguments broke out between customers over some of the items the store did have in stock. Crazy times.
Michael 11:59 AM 03-15-2020
I did my normal run to the store on Friday for steak, since I am on a carnivore diet for the last three months. Trader Joe’s has grass-fed top sirloin that is perfect for me. When I walked into the Simi Valley store, people all had their phones out taking pictures. The shelves were bare. I had to go to 4 stores to get the food I needed. I still bought the usual amount and didn’t buy extra. I asked one of the cashiers if there were more people coming in than usual for the reason. She said people were buying more of the same thing from what they normally buy.

These store orders for the demand needed to reduce spoilage and to prevent wasted food not being sold. The cashier said they would be getting their normal shipment on Monday. I have a feeling in a couple weeks, those that over purchased will not be back to their stores and usually purchasing routine. Which means many stores may have lots of extra supplies on the shelves not selling. We shall see.
Attached: 43EDECE8-CCA4-40B7-9D00-B0EDC6FADC31.jpg (187.2 KB) 16C94636-6EC3-4C47-8C8F-FDE638B3DEBB.jpg (187.4 KB) 
Blackcat31 03:23 PM 03-15-2020
I did my normal run to the store on Friday for steak, since I am on a carnivore diet for the last three months. Trader Joe’s has grass-fed top sirloin that is perfect for me. When I walked into the Simi Valley store, people all had their phones out taking pictures. The shelves were bare. I had to go to 4 stores to get the food I needed. I still bought the usual amount and didn’t buy extra. I asked one of the cashiers if there were more people coming in than usual for the reason. She said people were buying more of the same thing from what they normally buy.

These store orders for the demand needed to reduce spoilage and to prevent wasted food not being sold. The cashier said they would be getting their normal shipment on Monday. I have a feeling in a couple weeks, those that over purchased will not be back to their stores and usually purchasing routine. Which means many stores may have lots of extra supplies on the shelves not selling. We shall see.
Our Walmart shelves looked like that but two blocks over at the grocery store it was business as normal and I had no issues finding anything.
CeriBear 07:33 PM 03-15-2020
I had to do my weekly grocery shopping today and practically all staples were sold out. No milk. No bottled water. No eggs. No Kleenex. No toilet paper. No baby wipes. Meat and other items like pasta and vegetables were sparse. So were soap and hand soap.
Josiegirl 02:55 AM 03-16-2020
I knew there was a good reason I've always wanted to be a hermit.

On a good note, our governor just shut down all our schools through out the state, starting tomorrow at the end of the school day. Good call Governor!!! I'm so relieved he made that decision because it took it out of each school's hands. I know our local high school, with over 1000 students, has been waffling and preparing, probably partly because they're afraid of all the repercussions from parents(here and abroad due to lots of dorm kids). So now, they can move forward and not be blamed for a decision either way.

Only problem I see now, all the extra students will be out and about within the general population. How do you convince teenagers this is a real thing, especially if you cannot convince all the adults?
People just need to stay home much much more than they have been.
Tags:bats, cdc, coronavirus, covid-19, infrared, medical terminology, mers-cov, mrsa, pandemic, pandemic - contract, sars-cov-2, world health organization, zoonosis
1 2 3 4 
Reply Up