Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really?
MomBoss 07:07 AM 03-19-2020
Sent out updated policies in light of COVID19 on monday, everyone responded except one DCD who uses care part time. Sent out payment request through paypal today like usual, no payment. Sent text to his GF who drops off asking if child will be here today because it is passed my cut off time for drop off, no response. I understand they have older children who are probably home from school now due to all this and they have to stay home, but jeez why cant you let me know your plans? Im open and expecting all kids here unless parents tell me otherwise.
If i hear nothing or get no payment today, im taking this as they unenrolled and hope to never see them try to bring their child once this is all over.
Cat Herder 07:15 AM 03-19-2020
I am sorry. Hopefully they just have no cell signal or internet access right now.

It stinks when they do that but on the other hand, it is like the garbage taking itself out, too.
MomBoss 07:20 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am sorry. Hopefully they just have no cell signal or internet access right now.

It stinks when they do that but on the other hand, it is like the garbage taking itself out, too.
The crazy thing is, they were like the perfect DCF. This has caught me so off guard.
Cat Herder 07:31 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
The crazy thing is, they were like the perfect DCF. This has caught me so off guard.
Hmm. So it is unusual.

Maybe they are dealing with some blended family custody stuff and just don't have an answer yet? GF may have simply had her fill with full parenting responsibility with no authority to enforce or discipline and is on strike at a local hotel with a pool. I am hearing a lot of that from friends/acquaintances right now. It is blowing up eggshell floors across the country.

I hope you hear something soon.
Ariana 08:48 AM 03-19-2020
I really hope they have not ghosted you. Not holding my breath as it has happened to me but hoping for the best!
springv 09:21 AM 03-19-2020
Bet they may have no signal right now
CenterTeacher20 04:13 PM 03-23-2020
any update on this??
BlueChairBlessings 07:25 PM 03-23-2020
That's really strange, especially if you always had good communication previously. Hope to hear an update on this one!
Tags:blended families, parents - don't appreciate, parents - don't communicate
Reply Up