Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh. Dear. God. The Baby Who Cannot Be Put Down!!
sahm2three 12:18 PM 04-13-2011
I honestly get why parents hold their babies constantly, especially if they work all day long. BUT HOLY COW!!!! I have a 3 month old who CANNOT be put down or she flips out!! She is my one who I refer to "screaming like she is on fire". I cannot and WILL NOT hold her all the time. It is getting to the point where it is just not worth it. She cries all the time if not being held. I now understand why people don't take babies. I have one baby on the way and he will be MY LAST!!! UGH!
Meyou 12:26 PM 04-13-2011
Ah the hip baby.....my least favorite habit to break in babies and toddlers. I really don't know why parents cripple their children's independance like this. Drives me bonkers!!
cheerfuldom 01:14 PM 04-13-2011
yeah this is a tough one to break. It requires a lot of patience, time and a spot for them to scream that is not right next to everyone else. If you don't have those three things, you probably will end up terming. I was able to break one kid of this habit but only after I moved to a much bigger house. Before that, we were all in one small area and one cryer would just tear the house down quickly. Its not fair to the other kids to have to hear that all day either, let alone the provider. I just feed baby, burp, change and then put down to play. As long as I know they are safe, they are on their own. I only pick up if they need something or they are NOT crying so they don't get used to being fussed over and catered to. I do have one that screams like someone is killing her. I always worry that my neighbors will hear and wonder what the heck is going on over here! It took more than a month of hard work but she is getting over it and thank goodness. I could not term and had to work this one out and she is getting it.
Reply Up