Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Great Book!
Josiegirl 04:17 AM 04-29-2020
I just finished Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. I'd seen it all over amazon but just never bothered with it. My sister had it and said 'ya gotta read this one, best book ever'. And she was right, such a great read!!! With a bit of an end twist. Lots of happy, sad, I loved it.
Annalee 11:24 AM 04-29-2020
I can count on one hand the books I've read in my lifetime other than church material; but I'm going through Life On The Edge by James Dobson with my two sons and some other teenagers. Just started it last week.
Josiegirl 02:30 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I can count on one hand the books I've read in my lifetime other than church material; but I'm going through Life On The Edge by James Dobson with my two sons and some other teenagers. Just started it last week.
Omigosh I don't know what I'd do with my books.
I remember being a huge Nancy Drew fan in my pre-teen years but didn't read anything else( that wasn't required in school) until I had kids of my own. Then reading became the one favorite thing that I loved doing with them and we had quite the routine down, started with The Little Engine That Could, all the way up through Harry Potter, until they didn't want me to read with them at night anymore. I had no choice but to read by myself after that huge letdown.

Anyways, hope you're enjoying the book with your kids!! Best way to enjoy time together.
Annalee 03:51 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Omigosh I don't know what I'd do with my books.
I remember being a huge Nancy Drew fan in my pre-teen years but didn't read anything else( that wasn't required in school) until I had kids of my own. Then reading became the one favorite thing that I loved doing with them and we had quite the routine down, started with The Little Engine That Could, all the way up through Harry Potter, until they didn't want me to read with them at night anymore. I had no choice but to read by myself after that huge letdown.

Anyways, hope you're enjoying the book with your kids!! Best way to enjoy time together.
I do like true story books. I remember reading Fatal Vision by Joe McGinniss as the movie fascinated me so much, but the story has to really draw me in or I'm done! Or a book about someone like Pat Summitt, the TN Lady Vol Coach. It has to really interest me in some way.....a true crime or a person that I admire or appreciate and enjoy reading what they have to say or learn about what helped them become whom they are.
Tags:book suggestions
Reply Up