Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Opinions Please
sahm1225 05:40 PM 12-01-2020
I am closed 12/21-12/25. Been posted since October 2019. Two dkf mentioned thar it’s inconvenient for them since they’re off from 12/24-1/2...
I thought I chose the right dates (the week
of Christmas) but they’re work gives them the week AFTER Xmas..

I did a poll to see which weeks works better (12/21-12/25 or 12/24-1/2)... and all but one said the 12/24-1/2.

Now I feel bad. If anyone had said anything, I would’ve switched it! I thought I chose the right week and the 12/24-1/2 would’ve been better for me too...

I guess I’m just looking for validation to keep it the same or just someone to understand my venting

Snowmom 06:07 PM 12-01-2020
My advice is to stop worrying about what's best for others and take off what YOU want to take off. They really shouldn't have a say in it at all.
Blackcat31 06:09 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
My advice is to stop worrying about what's best for others and take off what YOU want to take off. They really shouldn't have a say in it at all.
This.
You will never make all of them happy so make it work for you.
e.j. 07:35 PM 12-01-2020
I agree with Snowmom and Blackcat - do what works best for you. That said, you say that 12/24-1/2 would have worked better for you as well as all but one of your dc families. Is there a reason you can't change your week off to that week at this point?
Josiegirl 02:35 AM 12-02-2020
Which one is best for you?? It sounds like you're trying to please all your dcfs and that'll never happen so don't stress yourself out trying to keep everybody happy.
If you keep it as is, you're going to inconvenience dcfs, if you change it at this point you'll likely inconvenience other dcfs. See? Someone is always inconvenienced.
You need to do what's best for you; it's YOUR business not theirs. They'll figure out a way to get through it all.
Guilt can eat you up in this biz, please try not to go there.
Cat Herder 04:51 AM 12-02-2020
I based mine on school closures, to spend time with my own kids, when they lived at home. Now that they are grown, I take my breaks in the spring and fall and on the actual holidays (24th-25th & 1st).

Here, school is closed December 18th - January 5th. 12 school days, plus 3 weekends. Pre-K, too. Parents know well in advance, but few seem to plan until the last minute then take it out on daycare and school administration. I'll never understand it.
Tags:backbone, christmas, schedule - holidays, vacation, vacation policy
Reply Up