Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Other Providers Asking Questions...
Jack Sprat 12:08 PM 09-06-2013
Long story short..A friend on FB sent me a message asking my rates,hours, and what I provided. Also, asked if I was on a food program. I did a double take as this mom is a SAHM and never seeks outside care from others. Then it dawned on me that she was asking for her sister who is opening a family dc in a town close by.

I was a bit ticked that she asked. My response back was to ask her who she was asking for. Well, needless to say she didn't respond. I don't have a problem telling her the info but, was ticked her sister didn't ask. It to me felt sneaky in a way. All my info is available on my website. I did all the leg work for my daycare I guess I feel like this one should too. I also have a family that looked at her daycare first and now are coming here. I am sure she knows as this is a very small area and word spreads like wild fire.

What do you do when this happens to you? I thought about telling her to tell her sister to call a local agency that will give the average for your area. But, didn't.
Tags:competition, rates, tom copeland
Up