Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Not A Backbone Virgin Anymore!!!!
melilley 04:39 PM 01-15-2014
I did it! I have a family who has been late on paying me in the past and I always let it go. Well come Monday, dcm drops dcb off w/o payment. Dcb left early with a family friend because last Wed. he got his tonsils and adnoids (sp? out at 1.5 years old) so I texted dcm and told her payment was due. She called back and I told her she could pay the next day. Well come Tuesday, they kept dcb home. I told dcm she could pay Wed. and she said she wasn't sure if dcb would be here because he wasn't 100% yet, but her dh would drop payment off. Well it's Wed. No call, no show, nothing about payment.

I texted her and asked if she was still planning on bringing payment because I haven't heard from her. I told her that I'm assessing late fees too! She hasn't called back and it's been about an hour. Why do I feel so nervous? I've kinda used my backbone before, but not like this. I HATE confrontation! My dh is a big part in this, he made me feel stronger and not take sh** this time...and you I also thought of the people on here and how I hear of you being strong and firm!
-boy I sound silly when I read this back...lol

I thought I would be nice and let her pay late, but I'm sick of this and this isn't the first time they have done this. I should have listened to advice on here and did it right from the first time! This dcm always tries to make me feel guilty and I'm not going to feel sorry for her anymore! I have also caught her in lies that she doesn't know I know, but I thought I would save her the embarrassment.

Anyways, you guys were in the back of my mind the whole time-I just thought of the things you say to your parents and remembered someone saying "this isn't personal, it's business" BC-I think it was you.

Ok I'm done. Sorry, this was a major turning point for me and for the better!
Tags:backbone
Up