Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pink Eye
finsup 05:18 PM 02-19-2016
So dcb had a cold Thursday...it was borderline of if he should even be here. I wrote a note home to dcm saying basically "I know he doesn't have a fever (the only thing she wants to keep him home for lately) and its hard to miss work but unless there is a drastic improvement, he should stay home tomorrow and rest. Rest does not happen here except at nap time." Really I should have just sent him home, lesson learned...the hard way...again *sigh* lol. Dcb was kept home today. Then I get a text stating his cold turned into bacterial pink eye, the Dr diagnosed over the phone and started meds this afternoon so he should be fine by Monday. Now, generally my rule is 24 hours on antibiotics and you're good to return. BUT seeing as there's no way to tell if it's truly bacterial or viral, is it fair to say if he has any eye issues on Monday to stay home until symptoms have resolved?

This family used to be wonderful about respecting sick policy. The last 6 months it's been "we just can't loose hours at work..." "We've used up so much sick time (for themselves)" and honestly I'm just fed up. I don't want to react too harshly because I'm angry so I thought I'd run it by you guys first.

Oh and no policy on pink eye. I guess I should have it, it is pretty common but I never thought to add it specifically. It's never been an issue before. Will be adding it now though!
Tags:pink eye, pink eye policy, sick policy
Up