Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Few questions

- Client has an irregular schedule and wants to have more hours than their 8:30-6:30 in case of an earlier drop-off (7:30am on occasion). I told them I would look over my policies and get back to them on it. Obviously if they want the option of earlier drop-off, I will be paid extra for it. But how much and how would you word it?

-DCG drinks vanilla soymilk that parent provides. I think it gives DOG diarrhea. Every time I give her some, even just a little, she has funny poop. She hasn't had any today since this morning and no runny poops. I mentioned that to DCM and she says she doesn't think it's the soymilk. But every time I give it to DCG, she has signs of sensitivity to it. WWYD? DCG also goes through an outfit change a day because of it too.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
- Client has an irregular schedule and wants to have more hours than their 8:30-6:30 in case of an earlier drop-off (7:30am on occasion). I told them I would look over my policies and get back to them on it. Obviously if they want the option of earlier drop-off, I will be paid extra for it. But how much and how would you word it?

-DCG drinks vanilla soymilk that parent provides. I think it gives DOG diarrhea. Every time I give her some, even just a little, she has funny poop. She hasn't had any today since this morning and no runny poops. I mentioned that to DCM and she says she doesn't think it's the soymilk. But every time I give it to DCG, she has signs of sensitivity to it. WWYD? DCG also goes through an outfit change a day because of it too.
I charge $10 for every 15 minutes (and/or portion of) of time prior to opening time. I don't offer services beyond 5:00 P.M.
That's family time and family time is not for sale.

As for DCG's sensitivity to soy/almond milk; I'd stop focusing on that and just start calling for pick up every time she has a poo that is not contained and requires a clothing change. For sanitary reasons.
Exclude until 24 hours diarrhea free.
Bet mom rethinks DCG's diet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:14 PM
finsup's Avatar
finsup finsup is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
- Client has an irregular schedule and wants to have more hours than their 8:30-6:30 in case of an earlier drop-off (7:30am on occasion). I told them I would look over my policies and get back to them on it. Obviously if they want the option of earlier drop-off, I will be paid extra for it. But how much and how would you word it?

-DCG drinks vanilla soymilk that parent provides. I think it gives DOG diarrhea. Every time I give her some, even just a little, she has funny poop. She hasn't had any today since this morning and no runny poops. I mentioned that to DCM and she says she doesn't think it's the soymilk. But every time I give it to DCG, she has signs of sensitivity to it. WWYD? DCG also goes through an outfit change a day because of it too.
For the earlier days, it would depend on if you want to charge a higher fee every week or only on the days they need it. For me, my policy reads "extended days are available with prior approval Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Extended days allows you to drop off an hour earlier then your contract time OR pick up an hour later. The fee for this is 20$ and can either be added to your weekly payment or paid for on the day of. This option is only available with prior approval. If you are late/drop off early on Monday or Friday or without approval on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, the fee of 1$ a minute applies.


As for soy milk, does she have a medical reason to have it? If she doesn't, I'd simply stop giving it to her and tell dcm you will provide all food/drinks from here on out. If she does have a medical reason for needing it, diaheera is a reason for exclusion here. That would get her sent home and not allowed back until 24 symptom free.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Mom2Two's Avatar
Mom2Two Mom2Two is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: U. S. A.
Posts: 1,851
Default

If it's really "on occasion" then she won't mind paying a good fee for it. Look at it as babysitting time, not daycare. Did she say it was for work meetings?

The only time I agreed to allow daycare parents to provide food, it got weird really fast and she quit anyway coz really, she was just controlling.

I'm at a point where i only want certain hours, but you would need to decide if this client is worth it to you. I've been in situations where I kept hard clients, because I felt like I needed to financially. But they sure can be stressful--even almost unbearable sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2017, 08:41 PM
AmyKidsCo's Avatar
AmyKidsCo AmyKidsCo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,786
Default

Does she drink the same thing at home? How soon after drinking the soy milk does she poo? Maybe only give it to her before pick up...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:04 PM
CityGarden's Avatar
CityGarden CityGarden is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 1,667
Default

I would not offer before care..... it just does not work for me. I have set hours for a reason. Just like Nordstrom won't open early for me and Chick-fil-a won't open for me on Sunday I too won't compromise my business hours.

I would switch your policies and serve water only unless the child is an infant. If I were on the food program I would only serve water and the milk allowed on the food program without a doctors note.

Also adding as a parent with a child who had a dairy allergy soy is not automatically the best replacement. With soy in everything we opt for almond milk.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How would you say the pick-up thing for diarrhea that comes out of the clothes? I've had to call parents for illness and fever but never for work-related diarrhea...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They said that sometimes their work scheduke is different and they would need an earlier start time
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-23-2017, 03:54 AM
JackandJill's Avatar
JackandJill JackandJill is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How would you say the pick-up thing for diarrhea that comes out of the clothes? I've had to call parents for illness and fever but never for work-related diarrhea...
Just update your sick policy. Mine states that the following symptoms are cause for exclusion and/or removal from daycare until the child is symptom-free for 24 hours. I then list everything, including diarrhea and/or blow out diapers.

I also state that I exclude based on symptoms, not the cause. Parents must be here within 45 minutes of me calling for pick up.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2017, 05:05 AM
finsup's Avatar
finsup finsup is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How would you say the pick-up thing for diarrhea that comes out of the clothes? I've had to call parents for illness and fever but never for work-related diarrhea...
Update your sick policy, have them sign a copy. Then when it happens, I text "hi dcm! Dcb had diarrhea this morning and as per my sick policy I will need them picked up within the hour. Thanks!"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-23-2017, 08:21 AM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,970
Default

I would let her know in a friendly email, text or face to face that diarrhea can no longer be tolerated due to sanitary reasons and that pickup will be required every time the child has diarrhea.

You have already mentioned the soymilk and mom is not interested so it is time to make it her problem.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 AM
Pestle's Avatar
Pestle Pestle is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,700
Default

I permit no outside foods due to allergies. My kid has food allergies and now I have a dcb with an egg allergy so I'm strict about it.

Vanilla soy usually has added sugar. She's going to rot her kid's teeth.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-23-2017, 05:50 PM
trix23's Avatar
trix23 trix23 is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 525
Default

DCM is finally open to the idea that the soymilk may be the culprit because I mentioned that I hadn't given DCG soymilk since the morning and her bowels were normal. Then DCM said she didn't give her any that night and noticed a difference. I also mentioned that diarrhea, regardless of reason, would require pick-up within 1 hour.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-23-2017, 07:08 PM
CityGarden's Avatar
CityGarden CityGarden is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: The Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trix23 View Post
DCM is finally open to the idea that the soymilk may be the culprit because I mentioned that I hadn't given DCG soymilk since the morning and her bowels were normal. Then DCM said she didn't give her any that night and noticed a difference. I also mentioned that diarrhea, regardless of reason, would require pick-up within 1 hour.
Well that is an improvement.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
Does she drink the same thing at home? How soon after drinking the soy milk does she poo? Maybe only give it to her before pick up...







Quote:
Originally Posted by trix23 View Post
DCM is finally open to the idea that the soymilk may be the culprit because I mentioned that I hadn't given DCG soymilk since the morning and her bowels were normal. Then DCM said she didn't give her any that night and noticed a difference. I also mentioned that diarrhea, regardless of reason, would require pick-up within 1 hour.
awesome!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
enforcing policies - consistency

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regulations on Kinds of Questions & How Often We Ask for Advice irishrose New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! 3 07-29-2015 12:14 PM
New home daycare provider questions organicdclady Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 08-08-2014 06:15 PM
I Feel Like I Am On Jeopardy With All These Questions... blandino Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 14 05-15-2013 04:00 PM
Stupid Questions? ABCDaycareMN Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 12 05-09-2013 03:47 PM
A Few Questions for Providers dgis967 Parents and Guardians Forum 3 10-13-2010 08:05 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming