Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation Days, What Will She Owe Me??
Francine 05:15 PM 11-15-2010
I have a Mom that is scheduled for a C section December 28th and is taking 8 weeks off. Per our contract she gets 5 days off without paying per year, the new year will be starting the following week so after January 1st she will get 5 more days off. She has 3 days left for 2010 but DCB only comes 2 days per week, so the first week of her maternity leave I could give her off free using 2 of the three days. The second week of her leave will be 2011 so she will have 5 more days to use......but here is the thing, right now DCB comes 2 days per week but when the baby comes they are only going to bring both of the kids one day per week ( I know! Thats another story) I am trying to work it though my head as to what she is going to owe me for the maternity leave. She emailed me and is wanting to know, I thought I had it figured out but then when I sat down to write the email I started thinking about it and now I'm not sure. What do you think?
AfterSchoolMom 05:06 AM 11-16-2010
Well, how do you charge them? Do you do a flat weekly rate, or daily? If he comes 2x/week and you only count the days he's usually there as days off, then he'd get 8 days off, or 4 weeks. If he's staying out the entire 8 weeks, then she'd owe you for 4 weeks, or 8 more days of care. Right?
Lilbutterflie 05:32 AM 11-16-2010
Sounds like the first week of maternity leave is free b/c she would be using 2 out of 3 of her free days for 2010. Weeks 2-3 would be free in 2011 and week 4 would be half off; using up all of her 5 free days for 2011. That's how I understood!
You are being super generous for giving your clients free days for such part time schedules! Only full time children get a reduced price for extended leave in my contract.
Lilbutterflie 05:34 AM 11-16-2010
Oh, I forgot to address the fact that dcb and baby will be only 1 day per week WHEN THEY COME BACK. That's just it, it's when they come back! Doesn't affect what their contract is with you right now, which is 2 days per week. Therefore, each week of maternity uses up 2 of her free days.
laundrymom 09:29 AM 11-16-2010
I would charge half her normal rate ,.. whatever that would be,.. for both kids,.. so basicly she would be paying her current rate for one kid during her leave.
Tags:vacation, vacation policy
Reply Up