Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Life Is Just Spinning..
MommyMuffin 09:34 AM 01-07-2011
..long

My husband wants to buy a hobby farm 20 min south of us on a few acres. He doesnt just want it he is obsessed with working on cars out of it. Anyways, I will not stand in his way even though I dont really want to move to the middle of nowhere.

We are to sell our house, buy a new one and then I obviously have to tell my dc parents. I am also due in july.

So now hubby said I need to quit daycare and get a part time job. So even though it wont bring in enough money, he said he will "take care of it"

I have one set of first time parents who came to me in sept and signed up their soon to be newborn..she is due feb 2. So they have been paying me 100 a month since nov and then want to start care in april.

These people are our neighbors and I feel horrible to do this to them. I am not ready to quit, I told my husband I would do it when he had all of his ducks in a row.

? I was thinking I would refund them for the months that they paid and look on resource and referral and write down all the daycare providers in our neighborhood so that they can find care quick. I will be giving them 1 month notice I think when I know what is going on. I will also have to tell my other dc parents as well.
Does this sound like the right thing to do?

Feels so strange that my husband wants to change everything about my(our) life, but if I could have a little land, work part time and raise my own babies....it sounds kinda nice. I dont love daycare like I thought I would...but I love my daycare parents!!!
laundrymom 10:26 AM 01-07-2011
Wow, how exciting and scary and fun and different. Is this something you have planned for awhile ? I wish you all the luck and positive i vibes can send. Good Luck
jen 10:54 AM 01-07-2011
Change is always scary...and you're right, it does sound nice.

As for the Mom whose been holding a spot...Yes, that seems like the right thing to do. Unless, could you just keep that one baby in lieu of a part time job?
Tags:close daycare, job change
Reply Up