Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>*Sigh* High Maintenance Parents, Easy Child
SilverSabre25 11:51 AM 02-23-2011
but what are ya gonna do?

These are very nervous first-time parents who up until last Monday hadn't even spent 20 minutes away from their child in her whole 8 months. I could deal with the phone calls (twice a day PER PARENT) for the first week, although this week I'm getting much shorter with them and the calls are down to more like one a day and just from the mom. I could deal with some of the other stuff. I can cut them SOME slack, really, I can and I have.

But really?
"Make sure she has socks on; I don't want her cold to get worse."-- because you catch a cold with your feet...?
"Suction her nose several times today because that's the only way she can breathe is if her nose is clear"-- a) she can also breathe through her mouth if her nose is stuffed and b) her nose is runny, not stuffed; her breathing is FINE and if it seems to not be, then I'll see about suctioning her (but she doesn't need it).
And upon me assuring them that her runny nose/cough combo sounds identical to what everyone else has going on right now, "Have any of the other parents said anything about what it is, if it's the whooping cough or something?"--Um...if you were worried she had whooping cough, why did you bring her to daycare????? and no, it sounds NOTHING like whooping cough.
SandeeAR 11:54 AM 02-23-2011
I've had parents bring me the "suction bulbs" before. They never make it out of the bag. I didn't like using them when My kids were little, why would I want to use them on yours???? I agree, if they need to, they can breathe out of their mouths! Mom wants to use the suction bulb....more power to her!
Michelle 11:57 AM 02-23-2011
sounds like some of my parents,
I once had a parent ask me if I was letting the kids play outside.
(it was pouring down rain ), they asked if I'm feeding them,and if they have their jackets on (in July and 100 degree weather)
I just started ignoring the phone calls and tell them I was changing diapers etc.
Reply Up