Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What do you think of my new tuition price?
Unregistered 12:19 PM 08-28-2015
Hi there!

We are in a good area so price varies from $45 to $85 per day.

I will like to raise the rate because of added expenses, we started a weekly music class/gym class and dance class plus starting MGT in septembre so is a lot of expenses.

I am thinking to raise the price of $1/per day so it cover some my extra cost (not even half). My daily rate is $65 so now it would be $66.

I am hesitant because when I first started (2 years ago) I told parents I was planning on a group of 6/7 max. And now we are going to be 9 I changed my mind since all the kids are over 2.5years now and the day are much easier(we gradually added more kids per day). Also I didn't enroll more kids, the part timers became full timers.

What do you think? Do you think parents will believe I am pushing it because I am changing the price plus adding kids?
Thriftylady 12:41 PM 08-28-2015
I wouldn't even consider the number of kids a part of it, I would just give a notice "as of xx date the new rate will be xx, to keep up with expenses".
littletots 01:02 PM 08-28-2015
Sounds like you're still in medium range. You offer so much. Go for it.
Unregistered 02:13 PM 08-28-2015
Is such a small number but I get afraid of how they would react. I guess is silly to think it might create tensions.
littletots 02:30 PM 08-28-2015
My part time rate went from $75 last dck to $100 new dck. New dcp didn't think anything of it.
renodeb 02:56 PM 08-28-2015
Everytime I raise my rates I get all stressed out about how they are going to react and each time no body has said anything to me. The average weekly fee for an infant where I live is 185-200 a week so I will just say that I have some wiggle room. The secret is to keep your rate increases within the average for where you live. I agree with others, don't even take into account the number of kids. Also, when you start a new family they don't need to know what the others pay you. I would go for it.
Deb
daycare 04:56 PM 08-28-2015
why do you need the parents to believe you. prices change. right.

they have to decide if the want to continue services or not. that's it.

it is the risk you take, but at the same time if you don't raise your rates, yuo risk losing money and that would surely affect your program.

you are a business, it's not personal, it is what your business must do to continue to operate successfully.

I am having to raise rates again after only a few months because the costs of food has sky rockets. milk is about $5.50 a gallon, eggs are about $5.00 a dozen. So i dont have a choice but to raise the rates.

if they don't like my new rates, then they will have no choice but to find new childcare.
Reply Up