Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Question on Personality Changes

This is a little different of a question. Have you ever had kids who just seemed to change so much? I was babysitting for a family with a 3 and 1 year old. I babysat about a year regularly. I moved away and now live in their area and am babysitting them again a few hours a week. The oldest is 6 now and he has changed so much. He used to be so sweet and now he is pretty rude. Honestly it slightly hurts my feelings. He can be pretty disrespectful. I have been close with him and his family since he was a tiny kid so it feels weird to be treated like some random babysitter he could care less about.

Do you find this happens with kids after they start school? His parents are fantastic ....I'm just like ...what happened? I'm finding myself really not enjoying babysitting him anymore, when he used to be quite exceptionally sweet and a cool kid.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:10 AM
Day Care Owner

Sounds like he was tramutized by something, it could have been the move. He could have interpret, him moving to you abandoning him.
Does he interact with his parents like he does to you? Have you talked to them about it?

When I was six, my sister (17) ran away from home. She went to FL and stayed with our Aunt. It wasn't until I was married and planning a trip to FL that I realized how tramutized I was by her doing that. I related her leaving without saying goodbye to her dying. When she returned a couple years later, our relationship was forever changed.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

I became friends with the family due to taking a babysitting job. But I wasnt ever like a fulltime nanny. It was 3-4 times per week for three or so hours, during various stages of their family need and my proximity/availability. I said goodbye and spoke about it with him when I wouldnt be babysitting anymore.

He seems the same with his parents. Hes always been an energetic, kind of wild but sweet type little kid.

Maybe he just doesnt really remember me. The times I was babysitting him several times per week regularly were when he was three and four. And now hes six and a half. I did see him and babysit a bit in between but not much.
Plus, we were more able to do fun things befire I had .my second child. I met them when i only had one child and now i bring two/both my kids and I know it is less fun for him. But it still seems like he sure has changed more than I would have thought.

Tags
change in behavior, change in personality