Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Parents and Guardians Forum

Parents and Guardians Forum Parents and Guardians should post and answer questions here.

Old 10-16-2019, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Default 22 Months Suddenly Crying All Day at Daycare

hi,

my daughter switched to this new daycare 2 months ago and was adjusted fine after several days. We went on a two weeks international trip after being there for a month and half, and since came back she has been crying at the daycare almost all day long. At first we thought it was jetlag but now it is almost 3 weeks, she is still having crying day most of the time. there are some new kids at the place and she is clinging to one care taker a lot. I am not sure what is going on or should I switch daycare. I do think she is going through separation anxiety again due to being with us all the time during the trip. any idea on how long should I let her work it out at the daycare before looking for a different one ? or she will eventually calm down? she was fine after switched to this daycare, other than the new kids and our trip nothing seem to be changed.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Is she actually crying or having tantrums?
Old 10-16-2019, 03:21 PM

Also wondering if the caregivers can elaborate on her crying.... is she still eating, willing to participate in small or large group activities? Is it literally all day or just on and off all day? etc...

Knowing when she is crying, for how long and if she is able to be distracted from the crying is helpful info as well.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

thanks for such quick replies. according to the provider, when she lost it, she just sat there and crying, not participate in playing much. when she joined the daycare, she would go play in a group or by herself. there was one day she didn't eat anything, but I chalked it up to too tired due to jetlag (came back from 16 hour time difference). now she does eat and drink, just whine on and off and usually crying close to lunch time and when wake up from nap. I am not sure if she is STILL adjust back to her routine or separation anxiety getting worse. she usually quiet but not crying when I pick up and will happily say bye to everyone when we are leaving, I guess since I was there she felt secure ?
Old 11-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My guess is that a 16 hour time difference and a short vacation of two weeks means her internal schedule is discombobulated a bit. Give it time and donít always assume she hates daycare, she just needs some time to get back to the routine and used to being away from you again!

I have had perfectly adjusted kids come back from a two week Christmas vacation and go through separation anxiety all over again. It is annoying but it happens! When I was at a centre we had a child who took a month of constant crying before he adjusted. He finally adjusted and the family took a 3 week vacation to China to visit family. When he came back it was another month of crying
Old 11-05-2019, 03:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
My guess is that a 16 hour time difference and a short vacation of two weeks means her internal schedule is discombobulated a bit. Give it time and donít always assume she hates daycare, she just needs some time to get back to the routine and used to being away from you again!

I have had perfectly adjusted kids come back from a two week Christmas vacation and go through separation anxiety all over again. It is annoying but it happens! When I was at a centre we had a child who took a month of constant crying before he adjusted. He finally adjusted and the family took a 3 week vacation to China to visit family. When he came back it was another month of crying
Agree with this. That's a lot of change for anyone in 2 short months, let alone a child having to adapt to it all. Yes, I think being with you for 2 straight weeks had a lot to do with it.
It's been awhile since you posted your questions; how's she doing now?

Tags
2 year old, 2 year olds, cries constantly, crying all day, tantrums