Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:54 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Infant Sleep Tips

I have a 6 month old that just wonít sleep. Heís not sleeping at home either. Iím at a loss because he screams bloody murder and now no one else is sleeping. Heís in a separate room (monitor) and we can still hear him. Any tips?

Parents look like zombies so I know heís not sleeping with them either
Old 10-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Is this new-onset or has he done this the whole time?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Is this new-onset or has he done this the whole time?
Started late August. Never a good sleeper but itís been worse the past two weeks.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:40 PM

Any family history of reflux?
Old 10-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Does he spit up formula....how are the poops? Maybe Formula..tummy issue.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Ears? I had one who showed no signs of ear infections other than not sleeping.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:37 AM
Michel wiliams

I got some infant sleeping tips. you may apply.
  • Always place your baby on his or her back to sleep, not on the stomach or side. The rate of SIDS has gone way down since the AAP introduced this recommendation in 1992.
  • Use a firm sleep surface. Cover the mattress with a sheet that fits snugly. Make sure your crib, bassinet, or play yard meets current safety standards.
  • Do not put anything else in the crib or bassinet. Keep plush toys, pillows, blankets, unfitted sheets, quilts, comforters, sheepskins, and bumper pads out of your baby's sleep area.
  • Avoid overheating. Dress your infant for the Room Temperature, and don't over bundle. Watch for signs of overheating, such as sweating or feeling hot to the touch.
  • Keep your baby away from smokers. Secondhand smoke increases the risk of SIDS.
  • Put your baby to sleep with a pacifier. But if your baby rejects the pacifier, don't force it. If the pacifier falls out during sleep, you don't have to replace it. If you're breastfeeding, wait until breastfeeding is firmly established.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

The sack! Ive had troubled sleepers before and I seem to have good success with sleep sacks. Swaddling is banned in our state so i put them in the sack with their arms inside. Snuggle close, rock a bit and say night night. Seems to work well. Trained a couple of my students to fall asleep on their own this way!
Old 11-17-2019, 05:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Same here, sleep sack!

Tags
infant sleep