Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yeast Rash
cara041083 06:40 AM 01-02-2015
My dd is one and has a really bad yeast rash. Her doctor said to put athletes foot cream on it. Is there anything at home I could also try? She has it behind her ears and on the creases of her thighs. I am having a hard time with her not rubbing the cream off.
JoseyJo 07:17 AM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by cara041083:
My dd is one and has a really bad yeast rash. Her doctor said to put athletes foot cream on it. Is there anything at home I could also try? She has it behind her ears and on the creases of her thighs. I am having a hard time with her not rubbing the cream off.
My grandbaby gets a yeast diaper rash pretty often. Athletes foot or yeast medicine (works the same but athletes is much cheaper) works great. It's not a barrier like diaper rash cream, it just needs a light coating at every diaper change, enough to rub in, but not enough to leave a visible film. It doesn't matter if she touches it and/or rubs it, it just needs to be re applied at the next change. If you don't see a HUGE improvement in a couple of days take her back in because it's not yeast if it's not much better.
Leigh 08:13 AM 01-02-2015
Originally Posted by cara041083:
If the cream you're using isn't working, try a different one. Terbinafine works best for my DS. You have several options. Probiotics straight on the rash is another suggestion I recently heard. Resinol cream worked better than anything for a little girl that I have who recently had a terrible rash. I don't know if it has an antifungal in it, but it cleared up her yeast when nothing else, including prescription ointment, did. ONE day of treatment with Resinol, and her 2 month long rash disappeared.
cara041083 08:35 AM 01-02-2015
Maybe that's my issue. I haven't been rubbing it in lol. I have been coating it like diaper rash cream. I have never had this issue before so this is new to me. I will try different brands. we are on day 3 and I personally haven't seen an improve ment.
Rockgirl 11:25 AM 01-02-2015
If she eats yogurt, feed her some. Not the sugary kind--make sure it has live cultures.
Tags:rash, rash - yeast, yeast infection
Reply Up