Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ok, Now I've Seen It All
AfterSchoolMom 10:24 AM 07-21-2012
I promised myself I wouldn't post anything about Craigslist anymore, but...

I just saw an ad for childcare where the provider wanted to be paid in gift cards....then proceeded to list five or six "acceptable" stores - two of which are clothing stores.

Gift cards? Why on earth?
cheerfuldom 10:31 AM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
I promised myself I wouldn't post anything about Craigslist anymore, but...

I just saw an ad for childcare where the provider wanted to be paid in gift cards....then proceeded to list five or six "acceptable" stores - two of which are clothing stores.

Gift cards? Why on earth?
JUST gift cards? so parents couldnt even pay in cash or check as normal? or was she saying she could trade daycare services for gift cards?
AfterSchoolMom 10:32 AM 07-21-2012
It says "gift cards preferred".
cheerfuldom 11:06 AM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
It says "gift cards preferred".
thats odd. I wonder if this is in effort to avoid claiming income in some way.....
Bella99 12:26 PM 07-21-2012
What were the stores?
Kiki 01:04 PM 07-21-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
thats odd. I wonder if this is in effort to avoid claiming income in some way.....

I bet it's that, or there is something about gift cards we are missing, maybe you can trade them for double value, if so, I want to be paid in them!
Crazy8 01:18 PM 07-21-2012
that's probably it - but how weird is that. what about when parents want to get the tax credit on their taxes?????
Former Teacher 02:50 PM 07-21-2012
Oh I have seen them to where they wanted to be paid in food stamps
dave4him 04:13 PM 07-21-2012
Its interesting the health department said its illegal to sell any products you get from WIC or otherwise on craigs list or ebay or such.... how would anyone ever be able to prove where you got the items from anyway
Kaddidle Care 06:56 PM 07-21-2012
That was my thought too. It's not income if it's a gift right?
countrymom 07:09 PM 07-21-2012
nope, I got one, on kijijji there is a lady that is asking for money to help her start her home daycare because she doesn't want to spend any money starting up.
EchoMom 05:22 AM 07-22-2012
Actually in Tom's book it does say that gift cards techinically ARE income and you ARE supposed to claim them.
Tags:craigs list
Reply Up