Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SO Glad To Be Done!
TheGoodLife 12:01 PM 02-28-2013
Tomorrow is my full-time DCG's last day. It's my college friend's girl, and I am so ready for her to be done (the baby is great, the mom though- constantly late even though I told her I need either a consistent time or heads-up since she's my only morning girl and I get up early for her. Too late or early texts about changes in schedules. Last minute changes. I changed from business to contracted hours, but she doesn't seem to care.) Anyways, tomorrow I was told DCD would bring her at 11:30 on his way to work. Today at 12 when he comes, he tells me they changed his schedule and he's working overnight now, so DCM will bring her at 7:30 (she's only been here before 7:45 maybe 3-4 times since she started in September). I was SO looking forward to sleeping in a little if my kids let me : (
First of all, I doubt he is going in at noon and working overnight! Second of all, to give me less than 24 hours notice is not cool. I was hoping to take my girls out to breakfast or do something fun that morning since I have no other kids for once
MarinaVanessa 12:19 PM 02-28-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Tomorrow is my full-time DCG's last day. It's my college friend's girl, and I am so ready for her to be done (the baby is great, the mom though- constantly late even though I told her I need either a consistent time or heads-up since she's my only morning girl and I get up early for her. Too late or early texts about changes in schedules. Last minute changes. I changed from business to contracted hours, but she doesn't seem to care.) Anyways, tomorrow I was told DCD would bring her at 11:30 on his way to work. Today at 12 when he comes, he tells me they changed his schedule and he's working overnight now, so DCM will bring her at 7:30 (she's only been here before 7:45 maybe 3-4 times since she started in September). I was SO looking forward to sleeping in a little if my kids let me : (
First of all, I doubt he is going in at noon and working overnight! Second of all, to give me less than 24 hours notice is not cool. I was hoping to take my girls out to breakfast or do something fun that morning since I have no other kids for once
I would have just said "Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I wasn't given any notice about this and so I had made an appointment that I now can't cancel and I won't be here in the morning. I won't get here until about 11am or so."

If he would have pressed for further info I would have just said it was my annual pap smear and/or mamogram. Then I would have told him that I would get billed $35 to cancel with less than 24 hours notice and ask him if he wants to pay additional for that so that you can cancel.

Even if it was their last day I wouldn't have changed and given them "special" again after talking to them about giving advance notice before just switching up their schedule.
TheGoodLife 12:23 PM 02-28-2013
Yeah, I've let too many things slide- late payments, late pickups, and now this- all int he last weeks. I just couldn't think fast enough of something I could have scheduled- I have 3 girls of my own so they know I do my appts. when my DD is home on Mondays or Tuesday Oh well, it's the last time, and it made me fine tune my contract about some things that I now know I want to try to avoid!
Holiday Park 03:33 PM 02-28-2013
I have a dcb who's last day is tomorrow and I'm super exited about it because he is a nap fighter ! And too rowdy for my group. My problem is the mom is the best client and I hate to see HER go :-( . But the child is just not a good match for me and how I do things here.
TheGoodLife 08:59 PM 02-28-2013
Well good for you, then! That'll make it better for you in the long run at least! It's so nice to have that great mom, but the DCB is who you have to deal with the majority of the time.

For me, I decided to tell a white lie, and told DCD at pick up that I'm glad to take the DCG in the morning, but I already made plans to visit a family member we haven't seen since Christmas and I can't cancel again now that the girls are all over their sickness. I made sure to just stay positive and insist that I'd be glad to take DCG with me, I know how it's nice to sleep after a long shift, I'd just need her car seat in my car, ect. He said he'd talk to DCM but to plan on him just bringing her at the scheduled time of 11:30. (I felt a little bad when he picked up, cuz I knew then that he didn't lie about the overnight shift, but then again, why didn't he just keep his baby home with him today since he ended up not working? God forbid you give up a DC day to spend with your child when you have to work all weekend and miss her then, too... oh well!) After all the I've put up with lately, and never getting a thanks or sorry, I'm OK with sticking to my guns about it! Bring on a quiet Friday morning with my girls and an easy last day! Oh wait, I need to bake, clean, and wrap for my SIL's baby showere here Saturday morning. Well, nix the "quiet" part I guess, it's overrated anyhow
Play Care 03:26 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
Yeah, I've let too many things slide- late payments, late pickups, and now this- all int he last weeks. I just couldn't think fast enough of something I could have scheduled- I have 3 girls of my own so they know I do my appts. when my DD is home on Mondays or Tuesday Oh well, it's the last time, and it made me fine tune my contract about some things that I now know I want to try to avoid!
One of the things I've done when this happens is to think about it, come on to some of my forums to get some advice and then call the parent and say "when you came in today and told me about _______, I was busy getting kids ready and my mind was elswhere. I looked at my schedule and ________ just doesn't work. In the future when you ASK for a change I need more notice. With my busy schedule/long work day/family time I just can't accomodate requests made with short notice. Thanks!"

I don't think fast either and this at least I don't feel stuck.
Tags:friend's children
Reply Up