Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Girl Fight
MsMe 04:43 PM 05-18-2011
30 before pick up time my 2 20mo. old girls got into a fight inside the playschool doll house. I broke it up within seconds. 5 min later I notice "Jane's" face has scratched ALL over. two deep enough to bleed and the others red and bumpy. This girl is very fare skinned and I know some will fade but most will stay for a day or two. Both girls are rough and it really could have just as easily gone the other way and "jennie" could have been the one with the scratches.

DCM of 'jane' seemed to take it well. She did mention that her husband would prob freak out.. She knows that I get really worked up over theses issues and I wish she hadn't mentioned that part. They are leaving for a trip and I wont see them untill next monday. Gma will be dropping the kids off at daycare. TH an F

Anyone else ever had to send a kid home looking like they were in an MMA fight? Do parents really understand I did the best I could?
Preschool/daycare teacher 05:12 PM 05-18-2011
Yep, it happens, mostly with girls, lol. They fight like cats. And I don't think the parents ever understand. It's as if they think we sit back and watch or something! I hate explaining to a parent why their child has a scratch, or a bruise or something from another child (or from not following the rules) because they give such a disapproving look, as if we did it to them, or just watched while they did something dangerous.
Don't feel bad, obviously you do your best to keep cat fights from happening, but anytime you put more than one child in a room together at these ages, someone is eventually going to get into it with another child, no matter how carefully you watch them.
sharlan 05:47 PM 05-18-2011
I have 2 boys that have fought since they could stand up. One or the other is always scraped or bruised somewhere.
Tags:cat fight, fighting
Reply Up