Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>In Tears...Such a Bittersweet Day!
3myjob 02:40 PM 06-01-2012
Today was the last day for one of my dcgs (2). She is moving to another state. DCM brought me a potted plant with the girls hand prints on it. A $30.00 bonus and best of all a hand written thank you note saying how I went from "just a babysitter"...to a friend and a second mom to her daughter and whole lot of other compliments.

I lost it..such a bitter sweet day for me!

I did frame the card and put it on my desk...for down days as a reminder to why I do and love my job.
Creek 03:07 PM 06-01-2012
Awe, that's so sweet.
I am losing my DCG that I've had for 3 years at the end of August. I'm aleady sad thinking about it.

It is however like you said, an awesome reminder about the wonderful things we get with this job!
Bookworm 03:47 PM 06-01-2012
Today was the last day for one of my favorite families. They were so loved that several teachers cried when they came to school this morning and when they left this afternoon. We've had the family since his big sis was 6 mos old (now 7) and him since 6 wks (now 5). Monday won't be the same
momofsix 05:13 PM 06-01-2012
Originally Posted by <3myjob:
Today was the last day for one of my dcgs (2). She is moving to another state. DCM brought me a potted plant with the girls hand prints on it. A $30.00 bonus and best of all a hand written thank you note saying how I went from "just a babysitter"...to a friend and a second mom to her daughter and whole lot of other compliments.

I lost it..such a bitter sweet day for me!

I did frame the card and put it on my desk...for down days as a reminder to why I do and love my job.
Aaaww, it's nice to know you're appreciated and loved
Tags:appreciation, family - leaving, goodbye, sad
Reply Up