Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dcb Spilled The Beans About Dcm's Employment.
melilley 11:59 AM 08-21-2014
I have a former dcb who left here last fall to go to preschool and came in as a drop in today, he is now 4. I have his brother full time. Well today I was talking to him and asking him if he was excited to go back to preschool and he said yes he's ready to go to his old school and that his mom will be a teacher there, but not in his class. I told him that no, she works in a preschool, but not the one he is going to. He proceeded to tell me that no, she is a teacher at his school now and that she got fired from her other job by Ms. K.

Well all summer she has told me that she was only working at her school for 2-3 days a week. She just told me on Monday that she is going back this week full time and never mentioned changing schools. It makes me wonder if former dcb has his stories mixed up or if dcm really did get fired and hasn't told me (this dcm has lied to me before, I have only caught her in a couple and the rest I cannot confirm as lies).

Now I have to ask her or her dh if what dcb said is true. How awkward!
Funny how truthful kids can be!
NightOwl 12:47 PM 08-21-2014
Yes and 4 year olds have no concept of things like being fired unless it's brought up at home. So I'm betting it's true!
Meeko 01:05 PM 08-21-2014
Bring it up to the mom. I would tell her that her son told you she was working somewhere else and that you will need the address and phone etc. for your records. Then watch her reaction.
TwinKristi 01:31 PM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Bring it up to the mom. I would tell her that her son told you she was working somewhere else and that you will need the address and phone etc. for your records. Then watch her reaction.
Yeah just act like no big deal, just need to update contact info if that's the case.
Mister Sir Husband 02:11 PM 08-21-2014
Or.. call the contact info you have on her now " just to check that it's valid" (nys has us doing these things anyways for emergency contacts) . If your told she no longer works there.. busted.

Personally I wouldn't care either way if she was fired, changed jobs, quit.. lied about it, whatever. As long as her checks don't bounce
AmyKidsCo 02:23 PM 08-21-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
Personally I wouldn't care either way if she was fired, changed jobs, quit.. lied about it, whatever. As long as her checks don't bounce
Ditto. As long as the checks don't bounce and I have accurate emergency info. Otherwise it's not my business.
melilley 06:16 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
Or.. call the contact info you have on her now " just to check that it's valid" (nys has us doing these things anyways for emergency contacts) . If your told she no longer works there.. busted.

I know, I don't really care, it's just interesting that they didn't say anything. She works or worked at a preschool so she knows that contact info. needs to be updated.

I thought about calling, but won't. I'm going to ask dcd, dcm rarely picks up.

Oh, and one check has bounced in the past. This family seems to struggle with money, prob because dcm has had several jobs in the past 1.5 years that I have had dcb. But then again, they are always going camping or buying $5 lemonades at garage sales.
melilley 06:19 AM 08-22-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Yes and 4 year olds have no concept of things like being fired unless it's brought up at home. So I'm betting it's true!
I agree, it probably is true. I just think it's funny when the kids spill the beans!
Reply Up