Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stood Up :(
Momof2Boys 03:23 PM 08-17-2010
I have had a few interviews over the last few days, and the one today was the family I really wanted to get!! It was a full-time position for a 3 1/2 month old boy that would start right away...

The family and I were scheduled to meet today at 4:00. 4:15 rolled around and I called them to see if they needed directions in case they got lost...got a voicemail and left a message. It's now 4:45 and I still haven't heard from them Should I call again at 5:00 and see if they'd like to reschedule?

The other families only needed part-time care and unfortunately I can't quit my current part-time job for those. I need at least one full-time family before I can do that. I am so bummed right now...I thought this family would have been the perfect fit by the sounds of it!
MarinaVanessa 03:32 PM 08-17-2010
Honestly I would take this as a bad sign and move on, but this is just me. If they forgot about the appointment I'd be wary because I'd be worried what else they might forget once they are clients. If they couldn't make it to the appointment and just didn't call that shows that they don't have common courtesy and don't value your time. The other options that I could think of as to why they wouldn't make it are that they found someone they like already and just thought that not answering your calls and avoiding you would be easier than telling you that they found someone else, they have a family emergency of some sort and in this case they will call you when they are free.

I always take a no call/no show as a bad sign. It's the first impression and they failed to show up? What if it was a job interview?
Fro 04:00 PM 08-17-2010
I get a lot of no call no shows. Im not sure why. Last week I had an interview scheduled for 5. They of course didnt show. I quit calling a long time ago and just figured they found someone else. The next morning, just after the last of my kids showed up, they came knocking on the door for an interview. Im not real sure what to think of that. I let them in and talked with them a bit, then gave them my parent handbook and asked them to look over it at home and get back to me. I dont usually do that, but I had 5 kids who needed attention. They still havent gotten back to me, and Im not sure that I care...
Momof2Boys 04:13 PM 08-17-2010
I just got a call from lady who needs care starting in January for her daughter (due early October). She saw my ad in the newspaper..at least it's getting seen! This is the second family like this (I just met with a family in an identical situation on Sunday). Infant spots are hard to find around here, I know because my youngest is 10 months old. So if anything, I will probably have a full-time infant to care for in January...it won't kill me to wait a few more months I guess...
Tags:interview, no show, stood up
Reply Up