Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
hope 05:51 AM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by daycare_jen:
It's Friday. It's payment day for the week ahead... and I don't have a check from a certain dcf. My bets are that it is in school aged dcg's backpack. Because dcm and dcd can't be bothered to actually hand over the check to me themselves. They always give it to the dcg. Almost always she has it in her hands when she comes in. Sometimes she has it in her backback and dcm will say, "don't forget to give her the check." but there was no reminder given today and I really don't want to ask a 6 year old for my payment :/
The dcps like to think that the kids are our boss.
sally 05:58 AM 10-03-2014
Here in Iowa it's our first cold day of the fall season. It's 45 degrees out and super windy. Kids are wearing winter coats, hats and gloves. Of course dcg whose parents are never prepared have dcg heading off to school wearing capris, a too small winter coat with the sleeves barely covering her forearms, a hat so small it doesn't cover her ears and no gloves. I would let her use some of my extras except she's only a before school and therefore I would never get them back. I know because with this family I've tried to be helpful with hats, gloves and socks because yes they even forget to have 7 yr old dcg wear socks that I've never seen again. Like I was told Not my monkey, not my circus. I just hope the teacher does something.
Unregistered 07:59 AM 10-03-2014
To send my kid to daycare in the same outfit Monday Wednesday and Friday. I'm sorry but buy your kid some clothes and socks. This family can afford to buy him clothes they just don't. Sad
Annalee 09:34 AM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
To send my kid to daycare in the same outfit Monday Wednesday and Friday. I'm sorry but buy your kid some clothes and socks. This family can afford to buy him clothes they just don't. Sad
How old is this child? The reason I am asking is that my 11 year old loves 2 shirts in particular and I wash clothes every day....So he generally rotates and I just don't pick that battle...They are sports shirts and he loves them...:His teachers probably talk about me..
akpayne 09:59 AM 10-03-2014
My own 3 year old has a closet full of nice clothes and insist on wearing one of 2 batman shirts every day.... I pick my battles
craftymissbeth 10:09 AM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
How old is this child? The reason I am asking is that my 11 year old loves 2 shirts in particular and I wash clothes every day....So he generally rotates and I just don't pick that battle...They are sports shirts and he loves them...:His teachers probably talk about me..
Originally Posted by akpayne:
My own 3 year old has a closet full of nice clothes and insist on wearing one of 2 batman shirts every day.... I pick my battles
My ds7 has a closet that is overflowing with nothing but shirts. He could probably go 2-3 months without rewearing a shirt... but does he do that? Nope! This child prefers 5-6 of the same shirts over and over. He has his own sense of fashion so I just let it be.

ETA: I also have a dcb3 who will only wear certain pants/shorts. He doesn't like the way his other pants feel. No biggie... as long as they're clean, I don't mind.
Unregistered 12:11 PM 10-03-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
. This child is 20 months old
jgcp 09:15 AM 10-06-2014
So NOT ONE DCP PAID THIS MORNING WTH???? Its been Monday mornings since all of them have started. All i heard this morning was "Oh sorry i forgot, can i bring it in the morning" REALLY?? how about at pickup?? Im gonna text them all and ask they bring payment at pick up today. GEEZ there is a reason its a set day! And ALL OF THEM...
lynne 07:41 AM 10-07-2014
Thanks so much DCM for texting me at 5:50 am this morning to tell me that DCG had tylenol at 3:30 am this morning for teething. I have a 11 hour day ahead of me and 6 kids on 1 1/2 hours less sleep. You went back to bed and can sleep all day cuz you dont have a job.I open at eight and cherish my sleep. I am VERY PISSED!
Mister Sir Husband 08:01 AM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by lynne:
Thanks so much DCM for texting me at 5:50 am this morning to tell me that DCG had tylenol at 3:30 am this morning for teething. I have a 11 hour day ahead of me and 6 kids on 1 1/2 hours less sleep. You went back to bed and can sleep all day cuz you dont have a job.I open at eight and cherish my sleep. I am VERY PISSED!
Yea, I used to hate when this happens. Even an errant wrong number call at 3am is is possible. Is why my phone is shut off at night. (or at least the ringer volume). I don't turn it back on until after my alarm goes off, I'm out of bed and my coffee is poured. It's always at least an hour before I open, so I have time to return any calls or texts that are waiting for me. If it's Saturday morning, it might not even get turned back on til sometime Sunday afternoon.

Technology is great, but I personally don't want or need to be available 24/7.
hope 08:06 AM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by lynne:
If it's your cell phone that she called there is an option to only accept calls from your "favorites" during certain hours. You can set up your favorites as your family members in case of emergency and all other calls go to voice mail.
lynne 08:09 AM 10-07-2014
Thanks, I'll try that..I need more coffee....
BumbleBee 06:45 PM 10-07-2014
More of a whine on this one but:

My big bookshelf broke. I tried but it's not repairable. 5 shelves, all full of books. Ugh....WHY???
Play Care 02:56 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:
Yea, I used to hate when this happens. Even an errant wrong number call at 3am is is possible. Is why my phone is shut off at night. (or at least the ringer volume). I don't turn it back on until after my alarm goes off, I'm out of bed and my coffee is poured. It's always at least an hour before I open, so I have time to return any calls or texts that are waiting for me. If it's Saturday morning, it might not even get turned back on til sometime Sunday afternoon.

Play Care 03:01 AM 10-08-2014
My dishwasher seems to be on the fritz. I need my dishwasher!!
Second Home 07:21 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My dishwasher seems to be on the fritz. I need my dishwasher!!
Mine too .
CraftyMom 07:32 PM 10-09-2014
Why has this week been sooooo loooonggg????
deliberateliterate 02:12 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Mister Sir Husband:

. My SIL texted me for some info last Friday, stating clearly that she didn't need said info until the following week. Within a few hours of me not responding, she sent an email with the same request. I answered the next day in about 24 hours, which I think is a perfectly acceptable response time. Within that time, she had also called my MIL to get her to contact me to ask me the same info. I hate that an immediate response is expected these days. Even if I have the time to respond, sometimes I just want to think on things first.
Kabob 03:59 PM 10-10-2014
Last I checked, maintaining a clean space for the kids in my care is part of daycare responsibilities. So don't you dare make passive aggressive comments at me, dcd, while I sweep up the grass YOUR child tracked in when he bolted past me onto the floor that my 4 month old dd plays on...it's not like I couldn't see or hear your child while he was throwing a screaming fit about you arriving for pickup...I figured you didn't want an audience to your poor parenting skills anyway.

Ugggggh...I HATE passive aggressive comments. I was still fuming about it so I needed to get that one out.
NightOwl 04:50 PM 10-10-2014
This week can kiss it. My ds has been home all week for fall break and it has been horrendous. Every single day, he woke the kids early from nap. So every single afternoon, I've had a house full of grumpy toddlers. BACK TO SCHOOL ON MONDAY.
NightOwl 04:53 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Last I checked, maintaining a clean space for the kids in my care is part of daycare responsibilities. So don't you dare make passive aggressive comments at me, dcd, while I sweep up the grass YOUR child tracked in when he bolted past me onto the floor that my 4 month old dd plays on...it's not like I couldn't see or hear your child while he was throwing a screaming fit about you arriving for pickup...I figured you didn't want an audience to your poor parenting skills anyway.

Ugggggh...I HATE passive aggressive comments. I was still fuming about it so I needed to get that one out.
Passive aggressive comments / actions are a coward's attempt at assertiveness, imho. Just say what you mean and mean what you say! I'm with ya on this.
lynne 09:26 PM 10-10-2014
I was going to post this on tues with my rant about mom texting before 6am. Dear DCD, I have been trying to reach you for 3 hours to have you come pick up your child, she has puked all over herself and all over me, and the bathroom. 3 times in an hour. I have to call people to pass the word that you need to come pickup.I would love to call mom but she lost custity. I'm tired of CPS being here,Checking to make sure you are taking care of your little one. I love your little one but I am SO done with everything. If I could I would adopt your little one, she deserves so much more!
BumbleBee 11:00 AM 10-13-2014
I started Scholastic this month. Last month I discussed it with all of the parents and they were SOOOOOOO excited so I took the plunge and set it up. Another provider here was SOOOOOO excited about it too since she didn't want to do it on her own so her and her daycare kids are on the same order as my daycare kids.

I sent out the first flyer a week ago today. Everybody was excited and about it.

It's due in 2 days. ONE parent has ordered. I'm kind of annoyed. This took some work to set up-not a lot of work mind you but it took time that could've been spent elsewhere. I handed out 12 flyers...and ONE order.

Really????
Leigh 01:27 PM 10-13-2014
My parents thought it was great, too. No one ever orders. I still order stuff for my kids all the time, and every once in a while, I order one for DCK's, too. I just can't believe that no one else is so excited about the cheap books!
BumbleBee 02:01 PM 10-13-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
My parents thought it was great, too. No one ever orders. I still order stuff for my kids all the time, and every once in a while, I order one for DCK's, too. I just can't believe that no one else is so excited about the cheap books!
I know right? I'm excited. Though my bookshelf recently broke sooo I may need to lay off the book buying for a bit until I get a stronger one.
BumbleBee 02:06 PM 10-13-2014
Ughhhhhh. My assistant tested positive for strep throat. She only comes Tuesday and Thursday for a few hours, or if I have an appointment to go to, but this totally sucks!

I'm on my own all week since assistant is leaving for vacation this Thursday. *sob* Send a search party if you don't hear from me.
Bookworm 05:02 PM 10-13-2014
I love Scholastic. I only send out order forms during the school year from ages 2-5. This is the only way we get new books and the parents know this. So every month I have at least 2 orders. I let the points grow and at the beginning of summer I have enough to get books for each class. I'm a sucker for the floor puzzles.
hope 05:28 PM 10-13-2014
I really, really do not like a dcm I have now. The only reason I do not term her is bc I always end up with a crazy dcm in the mix. There is always one. She is making it so hard to work every day. She is putting me in a bad mood every day.
midaycare 09:42 AM 10-14-2014
Parent to me on interview call: "I want two days a week, and those days will rotate each week. I also want my ds in a learning environment since he is now 18 months."

Seriously? Am I supposed to teach him everything on a rotating 2 days per weeks???
Play Care 09:47 AM 10-14-2014
When I first started Scholastic I would have $25-30 in orders each month. Then those families aged out and no one seemed to order. I was going to try to bring it back but I think I'll have maybe one family order anything.
daycarediva 09:58 AM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
I started Scholastic this month. Last month I discussed it with all of the parents and they were SOOOOOOO excited so I took the plunge and set it up. Another provider here was SOOOOOO excited about it too since she didn't want to do it on her own so her and her daycare kids are on the same order as my daycare kids.

I sent out the first flyer a week ago today. Everybody was excited and about it.

It's due in 2 days. ONE parent has ordered. I'm kind of annoyed. This took some work to set up-not a lot of work mind you but it took time that could've been spent elsewhere. I handed out 12 flyers...and ONE order.

Really????
At least one of my parents order monthly. I order, so even if nobody does- it's worth it to me.

I plug the books we are reading on our facebook page (rotated out monthly). The parents love to see their kids in videos 'reading' them, or repeating the phrases while I read. The kids are allowed to borrow one book/week to take home. I post my giant (and cheap) order on Facebook monthly. Parents almost always order the $1 books, and I started keeping a few of the kids favorites by the front door for parents to purchase from me. It's like a check out line purchase, "Oh you can just add it to your check!" as the kid's jumping up and down with the book.

Shameless, I know. But anything to promote early literacy skills, right???!
Littlelearnersdaycare 10:50 AM 10-14-2014
Today I had a child come in the door and immediately start freaking out because she wanted to wear her shoes all day. I looked at her and said "I'm sorry dear but we do not wear shoes in the daycare home." Her mom looks at her daughter and completely undermines me saying, "You're okay hun we just bought these shoes, they're not dirty."
I honestly could not believe my ears. I stood my ground and said "I'm sorry but it's a rule at daycare. No shoes on my carpet." Her mom gave me a dirty look and left. How rude is that? UGH. Vent over.
Sunshine74 11:06 AM 10-14-2014
Tuesdays are always worse than Mondays, behavior wise. I just can't figure it out.
Sunshine74 09:58 PM 10-15-2014
Oh the defiance and sassy-ness of DCG lately! For example, I called her over so I could help her wipe her nose today. First she just kept walking away from me, and when I called her again, she turned around with her hands on her hips, and said, "Not right now. You have to wait a minute." Needless to say, I did not wait a minute.
Play Care 03:09 AM 10-16-2014
OT - EBOLA

I am DISGUSTED by the handling of Ebloa in this country right now. Especially the way the hospital in Texas completely botched their care of the patient who died. I just heard that the one nurse who has come down with Ebola ASKED the CDC about traveling after exposure and was given the go ahead...

It's also seeming like it's much easier to contract the virus than someone is letting on...If people wearing full protective gear are getting it, what hope do the rest of us have?!

I'm not a usually a conspiracy theorist but it's almost like they WANT it to spread
NeedaVaca 05:22 AM 10-16-2014
OT - EBOLA

I am DISGUSTED by the handling of Ebloa in this country right now. Especially the way the hospital in Texas completely botched their care of the patient who died. I just heard that the one nurse who has come down with Ebola ASKED the CDC about traveling after exposure and was given the go ahead...

It's also seeming like it's much easier to contract the virus than someone is letting on...If people wearing full protective gear are getting it, what hope do the rest of us have?!

I'm not a usually a conspiracy theorist but it's almost like they WANT it to spread
I have been following the Ebola news daily and I am also appalled...she even had a fever before boarding the plane. It's ridiculous and they are definitely not doing a very good job right now. It's funny how every story includes how low the chances are of getting it, I just roll my eyes...
Second Home 05:54 AM 10-16-2014
If people wearing full protective gear are getting it,

I heard that some of the medical staff did not have full and the right protective gear to wear nor were they properly trained in treating people who may / are infected . This if from a employee at the Texas hospital .
Play Care 07:40 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:

I heard that some of the medical staff did not have full and the right protective gear to wear nor were they properly trained in treating people who may / are infected . This if from a employee at the Texas hospital .
Yeah, I've heard conflicting reports. It seems they are trying to pass blame on the nurses, but the nurses Union is firing back It just seems so ridiculous that with all the press they botched it this badly.
Luna 07:55 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Oh the defiance and sassy-ness of DCG lately! For example, I called her over so I could help her wipe her nose today. First she just kept walking away from me, and when I called her again, she turned around with her hands on her hips, and said, "Not right now. You have to wait a minute." Needless to say, I did not wait a minute.
Let me guess. Three year-old?
They're so cute
Country Kids 08:13 AM 10-16-2014
Today I decided I'm going to redo my illness policies.

I'm thinking of putting in there if there is any disrepect to the policies, clients will be let go. I'm not risking my family or my clients to clients that don't want to follow rules.

We have a possible case that is in our state now even though they are saying no. The child has been evaluated twice for it-one in Atlanta and once in Portland. They say it was food poisoning!???????
Leigh 05:35 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:

I heard someone on CNN claiming that ALL hospitals have the right protective equipment and that ALL nurses have appropriate training. It's absolutely not true. Our local hospital claimed the same thing in a media interview today. Also, not true. The ONLY PPE that our local hospital provides nurses is gloves and masks, and NO nurses have been trained on handling diseases like this.
Unregistered 06:03 PM 10-16-2014
DCM, you knew dck had hfm on sat. didn't tell me til tuesday cuz you know I have 1 week exclusion policy from last time she had it. So this afternoon other baby girl has symptoms starting because she was exposed to it on mon and tues before I knew and could do a deep sanitization, because you didn't bother to tell me. She wasn't here last week so now she gets to go through the misery and her mom has to take off work cuz you only thought about yourself. Today you drop off and I said the only reason I am letting her back is cuz my doc said it would be ok but in the future I need to know as soon as you know. Still no apology, nothing. Today you come in to pick up to tell me you don't like how I talked to you. Granted, I could have communicated better, but I was still upset, wasn't planning on talking to you yet, and I did apologize - 4 times this afternoon, without an ok from you. Nevermind that it isn't just affecting me! I feel so sad for other baby girl cuz it could have been prevented. You disrespect me and my daycare, don't apologize, then you are given one and you still act like it's all about you. I don't know why I don't term, and it's rare I feel like doing that.
And while I'm at it, I should just clean house, of any families that want to be disrespectful and employees. Go back to me working by myself with maybe one employee and less kids and illness, etc.
Little miss employee, I'm tired of the rolling of the eyes and the disgusted faces when I ask you to do something, tired of you being late and lying to me and tired of you just standing around instead of working. I have a feeling you won't make it another month. I get you're pregnant but you still are at work, to work. BTw- not smart to tell your coworker you're going to the doc to tell him to give you excuse that you can't do some of the essential functions of a daycare job, like picking up babies and working around bleach cuz you're pregnant.

Why do these people think I am stupid and don't know the sneakiness of their ways? Perhaps they are testing how much I will put up with, like a two year old. Or just think I'm stupid. Like that quote on facebook, I'm smarter than you know.... Maybe I'm a little extra cranky from being sick, but why can't everyone just be nice and respectful to everyone else. Poor baby #2 could have been prevented from being sick.
BumbleBee 06:12 PM 10-16-2014
DCM, you knew dck had hfm on sat. didn't tell me til tuesday cuz you know I have 1 week exclusion policy from last time she had it. So this afternoon other baby girl has symptoms starting because she was exposed to it on mon and tues before I knew and could do a deep sanitization, because you didn't bother to tell me. She wasn't here last week so now she gets to go through the misery and her mom has to take off work cuz you only thought about yourself. Today you drop off and I said the only reason I am letting her back is cuz my doc said it would be ok but in the future I need to know as soon as you know. Still no apology, nothing. Today you come in to pick up to tell me you don't like how I talked to you. Granted, I could have communicated better, but I was still upset, wasn't planning on talking to you yet, and I did apologize - 4 times this afternoon, without an ok from you. Nevermind that it isn't just affecting me! I feel so sad for other baby girl cuz it could have been prevented. You disrespect me and my daycare, don't apologize, then you are given one and you still act like it's all about you. I don't know why I don't term, and it's rare I feel like doing that.
And while I'm at it, I should just clean house, of any families that want to be disrespectful and employees. Go back to me working by myself with maybe one employee and less kids and illness, etc.
Little miss employee, I'm tired of the rolling of the eyes and the disgusted faces when I ask you to do something, tired of you being late and lying to me and tired of you just standing around instead of working. I have a feeling you won't make it another month. I get you're pregnant but you still are at work, to work. BTw- not smart to tell your coworker you're going to the doc to tell him to give you excuse that you can't do some of the essential functions of a daycare job, like picking up babies and working around bleach cuz you're pregnant.

Why do these people think I am stupid and don't know the sneakiness of their ways? Perhaps they are testing how much I will put up with, like a two year old. Or just think I'm stupid. Like that quote on facebook, I'm smarter than you know.... Maybe I'm a little extra cranky from being sick, but why can't everyone just be nice and respectful to everyone else. Poor baby #2 could have been prevented from being sick.

LysesKids 06:22 PM 10-16-2014
Dear Drop-in Mommy... you said you definantly needed Friday & either Saturday or Sunday ( I rarely offer Sunday care); now you call off not only Friday (at 9pm Thursday), but can't tell me if you need Sat or Sun... Sorry (not), but it's prepay only now; I refuse to change my plans this weekend on the hope you will be using me. To bad you are pissed off I won't work this weekend on a whim and heaven forbid you asked your Gram to take little miss and she said yes... good thing I didn't change my plans lol.

BTW, this is the one parent that shows as a Drop-in every few Fridays, but always expects special treatment on weekends knowing I work a 60 hr week already.
Sunshine74 08:53 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
Let me guess. Three year-old?
They're so cute
Nope, she just barely turned two.
jgcp 08:13 AM 10-17-2014
OT - EBOLA

I totally agree! Its so scary that our government is ENCOURAGING travel WHATTT!! How will not traveling make it worse?? Unfortunately we have fb and twitter and more access to REAL information so we can protect ourselves better. I told my dh we need to make plans for when it hits our state. A disease can change from one that can only be contracted through contact to airborne.
Annalee 09:12 AM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by jgcp:
I totally agree! Its so scary that our government is ENCOURAGING travel WHATTT!! How will not traveling make it worse?? Unfortunately we have fb and twitter and more access to REAL information so we can protect ourselves better. I told my dh we need to make plans for when it hits our state. A disease can change from one that can only be contracted through contact to airborne.
I live in a small town and when I went to the community hospital Wednesday evening to visit my uncle there was a sign at the door that reads "IF YOU HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND ARE RUNNING A FEVER, PLEASE STOP AND ASK FOR MASK BEFORE ENTERING".... it is getting scary!
DaveA 11:51 AM 10-17-2014
I hate 1:20 dismissal days. I can't let pre-k DCB skip, so I have to take him. What does pre-k do- OUTSIDE FREE PLAY DAY! So basically got everyone in and out of the van so he could play outside for an hour. To top it all of no one brings their kids, so it was 8 teachers for 14 kids. UGH
Cradle2crayons 01:09 PM 10-17-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I have been following the Ebola news daily and I am also appalled...she even had a fever before boarding the plane. It's ridiculous and they are definitely not doing a very good job right now. It's funny how every story includes how low the chances are of getting it, I just roll my eyes...
I also got to thinking.... Our schools exclude for a temp higher than 100.5 but from what the reports are saying, a temp over 99.5 could be indicative of Ebola...

Sooooooooooooo
jgcp 09:45 AM 10-20-2014
Mon after fall break UGGGGG!!! ( dcm is teacher so i have dcg full time) it all started when she walked in the door this morning, She is refusing to eat breakfast and sit and pouts at table. shes done this before but ended up eating.... NOT this morning! What do you all do if your dck do this?? please help she wont talk either and tell me if something is wrong. HELP!??
Play Care 09:49 AM 10-20-2014
Mon after fall break UGGGGG!!! ( dcm is teacher so i have dcg full time) it all started when she walked in the door this morning, She is refusing to eat breakfast and sit and pouts at table. shes done this before but ended up eating.... NOT this morning! What do you all do if your dck do this?? please help she wont talk either and tell me if something is wrong. HELP!??
She'd be in the crying spot until she felt like pulling herself together. She has the right to be sad, but the other children and I have rights too. One of them is to not have to deal with Patty Pouter.
DaveA 04:35 AM 10-21-2014
OH YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Mother in law is up dressed and ready for a funeral that doesn't start till 10! So far she's completely screwed up my own kids' before school routines (a real problem for autistic DD) & threw herself into the middle of first drop off of the day. Nice to see her latest promise to stay out of my way and let me run my program lasted less than a week. I don't need this today.
Kabob 05:54 AM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
OH YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Mother in law is up dressed and ready for a funeral that doesn't start till 10! So far she's completely screwed up my own kids' before school routines (a real problem for autistic DD) & threw herself into the middle of first drop off of the day. Nice to see her latest promise to stay out of my way and let me run my program lasted less than a week. I don't need this today.
I'm sorry about both the funeral and MIL.

Hope your day goes more smoothly.
Kabob 05:58 AM 10-21-2014
I woke up at 6:30am today. I hate mornings so I have at least a cup of coffee to get me going and somewhat cheerful.

After having said coffee and getting my kids up and fed and dressed and everything set up for daycare, I noticed my first arrival wasn't here. She's always my earliest and is never late. Always here on exactly the same minute.

I check my schedule before calling....she's not scheduled until after 9am today.

Arrrrrrrrgh! My first arrival was actually at 8:30am today! I could have slept in! Probably for only a half hour since ds always is up by 7am....but still....I could've gone at a more leisurely pace this morning!

I'm such an idiot!
melilley 11:09 AM 10-21-2014
I just want to say that I HATE TUESDAY'S!
Every Tuesday is like everyone else's Monday for me.
melilley 11:14 AM 10-21-2014

(

I once worked with a co-worker who was 6 weeks pregnant. She sat around and didn't help much. Then one day, she said "I'm too pregnant to work." Are you kidding me?! Needless to say, she only lasted a couple of more weeks.
Annalee 11:36 AM 10-21-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:

I once worked with a co-worker who was 6 weeks pregnant. She sat around and didn't help much. Then one day, she said "I'm too pregnant to work." Are you kidding me?! Needless to say, she only lasted a couple of more weeks.
I know some pregnancies are difficult, but I get so tired of girls acting like they have something "terminal" when they are pregnant....ENJOY the BLESSING! This is coming from a person who tried 7 years to have a baby and was 35 when I had my first.....I was 15 years older than my cousin and she acted like she could not get off the couch! I do think pregnancy sometimes is a mind over matter thing....reading books puts too much in my cousins head because she experienced EVERY THING while she was pregnant
Hazel 12:08 PM 10-21-2014
Dear DCM,

I understand your financial troubles but no, you can not pay me with food stamps. That's illegal!

( I actually laughed when she asked me this bc I thought she was joking! )
deliberateliterate 12:01 PM 10-23-2014
Tired of being jerked around.

DCB was three set days/week 730-430. Mom got a transfer, and I allowed to switch to 3 varying days, varying hours (7-3 or 8-4). Hours were always different than what was on the schedule, grandparents coming to pick up DCB during nap, switching days last minute. She said she transferred so she could spend more time with DCB, but she was still sending him on her days off because she paid for it. Totally cool, but don't tell me that's the reason you made the switch, and you now need to rely on both sets of grandparents to pick up the slack, when you're spending even less time with him!

After 1.5 months, mom got another transfer, so DCB went back to 3 set days, 730 - 430, and she said she also wanted to start sending her SA daughter after school. Great. This afternoon, she posted on FB that she was having trouble finding a spot for her DD in the after school program at her school. WTH DCM??

I'm not here at your beck and call. I'm not actively looking at taking anyone else on, but this makes me want to just so that I can say that I'm full when/if she eventually asks me again about her daughter.
BumbleBee 07:55 AM 10-25-2014
No dcm, your sitter DID NOT bail on you 'at the last minute' so your claims that you 'don't have time for this sh*t' and 'need to find someone more responsible' are ridiculous.

Let's get some facts straight, shall we?

I 'bailed' because I was sick
I 'bailed' a full 17 hours prior to the time your children needed care
You are always welcome to find other care

Going forward I have 2 pieces of advice for you:

1. Don't complain to the only other provider in town about me

2. Don't try to save face after you know I know what you said by telling me you were 'joking' cause I'm not laughing.

See you on Monday, if I'm responsible enough for you.
Sunshine74 10:13 PM 10-25-2014
I just want to say that I HATE TUESDAY'S!
Every Tuesday is like everyone else's Monday for me.
I could have written this. In fact, I had to do a double take to make sure I didn't.
Hazel 11:28 AM 10-27-2014
Dear DCM,
Today you walked into my home 10 minutes before I open bc my adult DD didn't lock the door when she came back from grabbing us some coffee at dunkin donuts.. I didn't say anything bc I thought maybe you weren't watching the clock or maybe you had an early client this morning and were in a rush...
But then you stay for 1/2 an hour... Talking to me... Telling me things that you just shouldn't be telling me. Getting annoyed and rolling your eyes at other parents when I stop you during your monologue to take a moment to greet them and their child and wish them a lovely day.
If, heaven forbid, someone in my home doesn't lock the door when I am closed and you chose to walk it I will send you right back out. You and "baby" can have a seat on my porch OR go back and get into your car.
Sincerely,
Your childcare provider AKA Not your friend
Play Care 01:00 PM 10-28-2014
I am trying to look for slow cooker recipes I can make for my picky child care. All of the recipes I've found that are labeled "kid friendly" seem to have cream of crud soups (or other icky crud) in them (and yes I can make the alternative version I'm trying to get off easy here!! )
My kids will not eat pretty much any of the recipes I've found so far. BLAH!!!
daycarediva 04:54 PM 10-28-2014
I am trying to look for slow cooker recipes I can make for my picky child care. All of the recipes I've found that are labeled "kid friendly" seem to have cream of crud soups (or other icky crud) in them (and yes I can make the alternative version I'm trying to get off easy here!! )
My kids will not eat pretty much any of the recipes I've found so far. BLAH!!!
I buy the organic cream soups. I feel less guilty about it then.

I do a lot with rotisserie chicken. Side of rice, two veggies, lunch! Side of wheat crackers, veggies, lunch! Shredded/warmed with a little taco seasoning, chicken tacos! I'm also doing at least two meatless meals a week. Greek yogurt/cheese/beans.
CraftyMom 08:09 AM 10-30-2014
I sent every parent the same text at the same time, informing that our party was today. "Thursday is our Halloween party! The kids can bring their costumes, we will put them on after nap and have a small party."

Can you tell me why one parent didn't bring the costume, saying I said it was Friday, another brought her child IN the costume with nothing to change into???? I will be using her spare clothes if I need to. Of course the other kids saw her and they ALL wanted THEIR costumes on! Lovely whining and crying first thing in the morning! I ended up putting all the costumes on and they will wear them all day, If they take them off I'm not putting them back on. Dcg who didn't bring a costume was crying for hers.. I put dress up clothes on her. Really not the worst thing that could happen and it worked out ok, but the crying that ensued right away when they saw dcg arrive in her costume! ugh!

I even double checked my text and it was written clearly as I stated above, really parents??
SignMeUp 01:28 PM 10-30-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
I sent every parent the same text at the same time, informing that our party was today. "Thursday is our Halloween party! The kids can bring their costumes, we will put them on after nap and have a small party."

I even double checked my text and it was written clearly as I stated above, really parents??
I feel your frustration
Mine each got notifications in two or three formats depending on age of the child.
We were setting up tents and going trick-or-treating to each other's tents. Children were each going to bring a small treat to pass out to their friends from their tent. No biggie if the littler ones don't bring anything
So, we got: one complete carrot cake. one baggie of homemade crumbled up cookies that looked like they got sat on. one package of squished ghost peeps, all gooed together, and not individually wrapped. one gigantic bag of "pirate booty". and one set of tattoos in little boxes. <--- that one worked
What are we supposed to do with the rest of that stuff
Hazel 05:47 PM 10-30-2014

Can you tell me why one parent didn't bring the costume, saying I said it was Friday, another brought her child IN the costume with nothing to change into???? I will be using her spare clothes if I need to. Of course the other kids saw her and they ALL wanted THEIR costumes on! Lovely whining and crying first thing in the morning! I ended up putting all the costumes on and they will wear them all day, If they take them off I'm not putting them back on. Dcg who didn't bring a costume was crying for hers.. I put dress up clothes on her. Really not the worst thing that could happen and it worked out ok, but the crying that ensued right away when they saw dcg arrive in her costume! ugh!

I told everyone the party was today but "no costumes". Yes it would have been much more fun to have them dress up but I've experienced what you went through and didn't want to do it again. We finished up our Halloween projects, decorated our treat bags, painted a pumpkin, decorated cupcakes and had pizza as a treat. That's it. None of my parents seemed upset by it thank goodness. I have all my preschoolers on Thursdays so and a few of them won't be here tomorrow, so it made sense to do it today.
My issue? Every parent reads (I hope) and signs the contract. I give them their own copy. I recommend they put it in the phones which days I close (either early or all day) AND I reminded people last week. Monday I put up the reminder on the wall by the door that I close at 3 pm tomorrow. I have a lot of reasons and most make sense to everyone but I STILL had people see the note and gasp! Saying things like "I didn't know" or " oh geez... Maybe my mom can come get him" or " is there a late charge if I'm a little late?
I make it 3 bc I actually want to be done by 4 and I know if I made it 4 I'd have stragglers until 4:30 /5. How hard is it to read? All of my DKP have smart phones... Those phones are pretty smart.. You put reminders in there and they will remind you.... Lol
All but one of my families have been here well over a year and they did the same thing last year. Yes, I could put the notice up much much earlier but it's not my responsibility to keep thing straight for them.... So frustrating.
Play Care 10:52 AM 11-03-2014
I was closed today. Written in the newsletters (the last two) and a large sign on the door Friday.

Still had a parent show as I was trying to leave to get my kids over to the orthodontist.

At this point I don't know what else to do. What else CAN I do. It's the SAME parent every time.
SignMeUp 12:03 PM 11-03-2014
Tattoo it on the kids' foreheads when they leave, the last day before you're closed

For payment, I was thinking of a rubber stamp
hope 04:14 PM 11-03-2014
Dcg waits to poop till pick up almost every day. I take her to the bathroom right before pick up and she will only pee. I tell her if she needs to go do it now otherwise she needs to wait till she gets home. Then her mom comes (who has trouble leaving my home in a timely fashion herself) and dcg says to her mom that she needs to go potty. I have told dcm that I just took her but dcg throws a fit and dcm gives in because she is afraid of an accident on the ride home. This dcg takes anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes to poop. It really is an inconvenience. I want them out of my home!
Leigh 05:34 PM 11-03-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Dcg waits to poop till pick up almost every day. I take her to the bathroom right before pick up and she will only pee. I tell her if she needs to go do it now otherwise she needs to wait till she gets home. Then her mom comes (who has trouble leaving my home in a timely fashion herself) and dcg says to her mom that she needs to go potty. I have told dcm that I just took her but dcg throws a fit and dcm gives in because she is afraid of an accident on the ride home. This dcg takes anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes to poop. It really is an inconvenience. I want them out of my home!
You need to let Mom know that you want them to leave! Tell Mom that she goes to the toilet before pickup and that is all you can do. Let her know that every minute after pickup that the child is pooping at your house is at $2 per minute. Either pooping will go fast or DCG will wait until she gets home.
sally 04:28 AM 11-04-2014
Yesterday I gave my dc families a reminder of my closed days and early closings for the holidays. The 1 family is new so they needed my reminders but my other family has been with me for almost 3 years. There isn't any new closings for them. The only thing different for them is they are shifting to later afternoon care this month do there will be a few early closings or no after school care that *may* affect them. They are not full time only part time so honestly I didn't understand when the dcmom complained about having to take more vacation days. Of course I'm closed for Thanksgiving even if they are celebrating thanksgiving earlier in that week it doesn't mean I am. I'm closed the day after, as well as closing early on Christmas eve and new years eve and being closed on Christmas, day after and new years day. I don't think I'm asking too much?? The only days I'm not doing after school care is one day my older dd has a school concert at 515 and she gets off the bus at 4. I told them I'd have to close at 430 because my family has to get out the door by 5. Also my older dd and I have birthdays on December 18th and 19th so I'm not offering after school care those days so we can meet up with family and friends to celebrate. How is that asking too much??
jgcp 07:41 AM 11-04-2014
I might have to term via text/call?? My DCM that was a no show/no call yesterday and last week had to tell her I was no longer accepting dck with no or partial payment, is texting me to ask if deck can come?? Its her scheduled day and I'm just done putting up with it all. Her life might be outta control but mine isn't! Would you tell her your no longer going to be providing care for her child over the phone or let her bring him( prob with no pay) and tell her face to face??
jgcp 07:42 AM 11-04-2014
I might have to term via text/call?? My DCM that was a no show/no call yesterday and last week had to tell her I was no longer accepting dck with no or partial payment, is texting me to ask if dck can come?? Its her scheduled day and I'm just done putting up with it all. Her life might be outta control but mine isn't! Would you tell her your no longer going to be providing care for her child over the phone or let her bring him( prob with no pay) and tell her face to face??
jgcp 07:51 AM 11-04-2014
I don't know wh that double posted sorry!!???
Leigh 08:03 AM 11-04-2014
Sounds like you're going to have trouble getting paid either way. Do you want to provide another day of free care just to have the opportunity to tell her face to face? I guess I would just call her and let her know that you won't accept DCK without full payment for what is already owed AS WELL as for payment in advance from now on. If she won't agree to it, then I would term over the phone.
Kimskiddos 08:16 AM 11-04-2014
I guess I would just call her and let her know that you won't accept DCK without full payment for what is already owed AS WELL as for payment in advance from now on. If she won't agree to it, then I would term over the phone.

This is really your only option. Who knows, maybe you will actually get paid, and if not at least you aren't working for free.
sharlan 08:42 AM 11-04-2014
I am livid.

DCM lets me know she will be here at 7 this morning. I get up 30 mins early to come down and be ready for her. Does she show up at 7, nope! Gets here about 7:20. I could have gotten up at my regular time. I let her know I was NOT happy. Tells me that she shares a bathroom with a teenager now, not my problem. Tells me that she's now late for dr's apt, again, NOT MY PROBLEM!

IF that wasn't enough, she says, oh, dcg has a soaked diaper, her carseat is soaked. This child has been PT'd for 6 mos. Mom is so freaking lazy that she doesn't take the child or remind her to go potty. I know, I know, she shouldn't have to, but the inconsistency is really messing with the child. Several times last week, she was wet shortly after arriving. I think she's been peeing her pants on her way over in the morning because she isn't going potty when she gets up. Mom puts her in diapers when she doesn't want to deal with taking her potty, like for 30 min car rides. REALLY!!!! I take her on hour car rides and don't have an issue with her wetting her pants.

Four times in the past couple of weeks, child has either come in with a box of chocolate milk or screaming for chocolate milk and dcm tells her that I will give her some. Uh, no, sorry, I don't give in to that crap. I don't give the kids chocolate milk. As soon as dcm walks out the door, I tell the child in a firm voice to stop. That ends the tantrum cold.

This morning, child walks in with two hands full of candy. Uh, no, not happening, either. I do not give the kids candy of any kind, haven't in forever. Candy is in trash, let child see me throw it away. Not my problem if you can't stand up and be a parent and say no. I hear this parent tell the child every day, do this or that and I will give you candy when we get to the car.

Ok, now I'm leaving to go grocery shopping and I'm leaving the kids home. I need some peace and quiet.
Luna 11:28 AM 11-05-2014
Our local library has a wonderful drop-in story time with stories, songs, crafts, and a snack. My beef is that the craft is always adult participation required I have 2 who are too young to do crafts, so I'm trying to juggle them plus help DCG with her craft. There are lots of moms there doing the same thing, and a couple of them are actually trying to nurse at the same time! A colouring page will be fine, thanks.
I do appreciate our library so much though, so just a tiny complaint.
Play Care 09:55 AM 11-06-2014
SHIRTS!!!!! I can not find any that I like/are flattering and keep me modest!!!!! I HATE the "layering" trend, which keeps material super thin on the premise that you will also buy several other shirts and camis so no one sees your lady bits. I was wearing an old navy v neck shirt (with an old navy "layering" cami under, of course ) and while I was holding the dc baby and talking to another dcd, the baby practically pulled the shirt down to my belly button

Believe it or not, my local Kmart used to have the best shirts - thick, with a *slight* v-neck (so it couldn't be pulled down) slightly tapered at the waist and a bit longer than most shirts so if I raised my arms my muffin top wasn't popping out But of course they changed the design and now there is no tapering so it's too "boxy."

All my shirts get holes in the belly area (WHY?!) and need to be replaced.
Sigh....
daycarediva 10:11 AM 11-06-2014
playcare- I buy a LOT of tighter knit workout style camis/tanks/tshirts because they fit better and wear cardigans almost daily.
Leigh 11:32 AM 11-06-2014
SHIRTS!!!!! I can not find any that I like/are flattering and keep me modest!!!!! I HATE the "layering" trend, which keeps material super thin on the premise that you will also buy several other shirts and camis so no one sees your lady bits. I was wearing an old navy v neck shirt (with an old navy "layering" cami under, of course ) and while I was holding the dc baby and talking to another dcd, the baby practically pulled the shirt down to my belly button

Believe it or not, my local Kmart used to have the best shirts - thick, with a *slight* v-neck (so it couldn't be pulled down) slightly tapered at the waist and a bit longer than most shirts so if I raised my arms my muffin top wasn't popping out But of course they changed the design and now there is no tapering so it's too "boxy."

Sigh....
Mine get holes in the belly, too, and my sisters say the same. I think it is because we spend so much time at our counters-doing dishes and preparing food. They're all right at counter height on all of our shirts. I find a lot of clothes on Zulily and at TJMaxx (probably 70% of the times I go there, I can find at least one thing to buy-which is lots more than I can say about Macy's!). Search online for some of the boutique stores online-I find much nicer looking, higher quality stuff there than anywhere around my home. I agree about KMart-we haven't had one around here for a LONG time, but I used to love to buy clothes there!
Hazel 11:34 AM 11-06-2014

Sigh....
I wear scrub tops. I am short with big boobs, so ANY style neck that isn't a stinking turtle neck always shows off too much of the girls... For work anyway!
I decided that my regular clothes were getting ruined (stained, stretched out from kids pulling on them) so I just hit the thrift stores and buy scrub tops. I used to just wear them with jeans or yoga pants but then I took a chance and got scrub pants.. LOVE THEM! Super comfy, light weight but warm enough and durable!
I like it bc I get LOTS of pockets for binkies, socks and such, they are meant to get gross and come clean (yet stay nice). Also, if I have to run out after work I look like I'm in my work uniform (looked weird with jeans or yoga pants).
I still layer a regular 3/4 sleeve old navy shirt under them (or cami if it's warm).
melilley 11:45 AM 11-06-2014
Sigh....
Mine too! Well not all of them, but quite a few. And they are these tiny holes, but they get bigger over time. I used to think it was from my belt, but I'm not too sure about that.
sharlan 02:06 PM 11-06-2014
I finally got around to having my family room sofas professionally cleaned yesterday. Dcb fell asleep leaning against the sofa while I was making lunch today so I placed him up on the sofa. He starts fussing, sits up, and vomits everywhere. ALL OVER TWO SECTIONS OF THE SOFA!!!!!!!

Yes, I cleaned him up and sent him home.

I think he had OJ for breakfast and the sofa really smelled sour. I hope the smell doesn't come back.
Second Home 02:29 PM 11-06-2014
Mine too! Well not all of them, but quite a few. And they are these tiny holes, but they get bigger over time. I used to think it was from my belt, but I'm not too sure about that.
I get those little holes all the time . I was thinking it was from washing the shirts with jeans and the zipper would get caught , maybe not?
Unregistered 09:36 AM 11-07-2014
Venting because I'm having account issues!
Kimskiddos 09:42 AM 11-07-2014
Frustrated with the rivers of snot around here! Four out of my five got flew shots 2 weeks ago and now we are all sick......hmmm

Hasn't been an illness since late spring around here. Not sure I am ready for the snot season.
AuntTami 01:50 PM 11-07-2014
Originally Posted by Hazel:
I wear scrub tops. I am short with big boobs, so ANY style neck that isn't a stinking turtle neck always shows off too much of the girls... For work anyway!
I decided that my regular clothes were getting ruined (stained, stretched out from kids pulling on them) so I just hit the thrift stores and buy scrub tops. I used to just wear them with jeans or yoga pants but then I took a chance and got scrub pants.. LOVE THEM! Super comfy, light weight but warm enough and durable!
I like it bc I get LOTS of pockets for binkies, socks and such, they are meant to get gross and come clean (yet stay nice). Also, if I have to run out after work I look like I'm in my work uniform (looked weird with jeans or yoga pants).
I still layer a regular 3/4 sleeve old navy shirt under them (or cami if it's warm).
I too wear scrubs. I worked at a nursing home in the past so I had a bunch of scrubs sitting around, and I KNEW they were super comfortable, lightweight, durable, and best of all, they dry VERY quickly if you happen to get wet. So, I wear scrubs here too. The best part? I have a couple pairs of black stretchy scrubs that I wear for pajamas, so when I get up at 5:15 for my 5:30 arrival, and I'm still in my "pajamas" no one knows since I'm wearing scrubs!

My vent for today? 7 week old baby showed up in just a onesie today at drop off...No pants, no socks, none in the diaper bag. I realize I actually live in a house, but its still only 35ish degrees outside...What ever happened to dressing your baby in one layer MORE than you would wear? We don't run around the house naked....
Unregistered 06:30 PM 11-07-2014
I close at 5:30, dcm asks if dcg can come an extra day she would pick up before 5. I said yes because I had the space. All dcks gone by 4:40, 5:00 rolls around no dcm... She lost track of time.. Showed up at 5:30. AND it rained all day
BumbleBee 06:44 AM 11-10-2014
Poke me long enough with the proverbial stick and I WILL snap it over your head!

Play Care 08:17 AM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Hazel:
I wish I could do scrubs! My problem is they are TOO comfy and I feel tired when I wear them I can't even do pajama day with the kids ( I'll toss my robe on over my clothing) but otherwise I'm falling asleep
Rockgirl 12:00 PM 11-11-2014
My smart, articulate, formerly sweet 2.5 year old dcb has turned tyrant on me. The last month or so, he defies everything, and I mean everything I say, and laughs at me while doing it. And I'm no pushover! I'm not mean, but I'm firm and consistent. I hope it's just a phase. I know my own son became more difficult as he neared age three.
CraftyMom 05:46 AM 11-12-2014
And now it all makes sense! 6 mo old dc baby used to nap with no trouble. The past few weeks he's been giving me so much trouble, wanting to be held all day, screaming at nap time and not sleeping all day. I spoke to mom today. She has been holding him all day at home and he sleeps in the swing or SHE HOLDS HIM while he sleeps! No freaking wonder he's giving me trouble!!!!!

When I would mention that he didn't nap all day she would say "really??? He sleeps so well at home!" Now I know why

I asked her to stop with the swing at the very least. I understand she misses him, but it's setting me up for trouble!
hope 08:00 AM 11-12-2014
And now it all makes sense! 6 mo old dc baby used to nap with no trouble. The past few weeks he's been giving me so much trouble, wanting to be held all day, screaming at nap time and not sleeping all day. I spoke to mom today. She has been holding him all day at home and he sleeps in the swing or SHE HOLDS HIM while he sleeps! No freaking wonder he's giving me trouble!!!!!

When I would mention that he didn't nap all day she would say "really??? He sleeps so well at home!" Now I know why

I asked her to stop with the swing at the very least. I understand she misses him, but it's setting me up for trouble!
I had the same issue with my dcg. I gave an information sheet on the risks of sleeping in a swing and car seat. I told parents that they needed to put the swing, bumbo and activity seat away in storage. Baby must sleep in a crib at home and must play on the floor. I told them if I couldn't get the baby to sleep at my home that I would have to term. They followed my instructions and now the baby takes two long naps here a day. They can see the difference in her mood at home. You really need to tell your dcm no holding and no swing ever.
Play Care 09:34 AM 11-12-2014
MY VAN!
Last week when I was doing the preschool pick up, my van battery died. I got it jumped by another parent and went on my way. I told DH that it probably needed to be replaced, as he has a mechanic he prefers to use near his work. Today it did it AGAIN. Thankfully me neighbor was there and was able to give me and the two dck's a ride home. I was not about to wait an hour for roadside assistance.
But it's irritating that this never happens when DH drives it, so he's always acting as if it's something I did wrong
melilley 11:34 AM 11-13-2014
Ughhh. I have an 11 month old who wakes up multiple times during nap and cries. Her cry is not a normal cry either, she scream cries. She is so loud, she just woke up 2 other children! She will go back to sleep, but her cry is like nails on a chalkboard and I can't stand it!!!

Sorry, vent over.
jgcp 01:05 PM 11-13-2014
I really really hate Thursdays. The before/after school kids get here at 1:45, its early release EVERY SINGLE THURSDAY!! smack dab in the middle of nap!!! I have tried to relocate the dcks to a different room( I would just have them nap there all the time) but I have one who FREAKS OUT, like possessed, excorsist kind of freak out, which in turn keeps all the kids awake? And the two kids that get here seem to forget every single Thur that there are kids sleeping and come in like a heard of elephants. I get so frustrated and hate this day, I give up hour naps for everyone on thur
hope 01:57 PM 11-13-2014
I am so tired of cooking and cleaning up after meals and grocery shopping for meals. I am all out of ideas for nutritious meals that everyone will like. I am so done with looking for sales bc food is so expensive. I just want to order Chinese food trays for the week and call it a day.
Angelsj 02:29 PM 11-13-2014
I really really hate Thursdays. The before/after school kids get here at 1:45, its early release EVERY SINGLE THURSDAY!! smack dab in the middle of nap!!! I have tried to relocate the dcks to a different room( I would just have them nap there all the time) but I have one who FREAKS OUT, like possessed, excorsist kind of freak out, which in turn keeps all the kids awake? And the two kids that get here seem to forget every single Thur that there are kids sleeping and come in like a heard of elephants. I get so frustrated and hate this day, I give up hour naps for everyone on thur
I would meet those kids outside and put the fear of God into them...lol
Seriously, though, if anyone wakes up..consequence. If they come in quietly and naps go ok, prize (whatever you deem a good prize.) I have a small bucket of bite size candy I keep around for prizes. Accomplish what I wish to happen and you get to pick a treat from the bucket. I only use this when the task is difficult or something I REALLY want to happen.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28  ... Last
Reply Up