Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Questions..
Momof2Boys 11:08 AM 05-04-2010
I am starting my own in-home daycare and working on getting licensed. I am wondering two things...

My husband and I currently rent our house (in Colorado). Do I have to get anything in writting from the owner of the house to be able to get licensed and run a day care? I know he won't mind, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything by the books.

Also, I want to get CPR Certified. First of all, is this required to get licensed? Also, I found this website where I can get it accomplished all online: http://www.procpr.org/en-US/ Do you think this would be sufficient, or should I try to go through a program in person?

Thank you for your time!
mac60 11:19 AM 05-04-2010
I too have been checking for cpr online classes, and have came across quite a few of them. I was safety director at my old job, and have been thru cpr training different times, and feel it is something that can be accomplished online.
Daycare Mommy 11:39 AM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by Momof2Boys:
...Also, I want to get CPR Certified. First of all, is this required to get licensed?
For your state, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a requirement in all 50?

Originally Posted by Momof2Boys:
Also, I found this website where I can get it accomplished all online: http://www.procpr.org/en-US/ Do you think this would be sufficient, or should I try to go through a program in person?
It depends. Have you ever taken a CPR class in person? If you haven't or it's been a long time and you don't already know it all right off the back of your hand, then I'd recommend taking an in person class. I took an online class last time, but only because I've been certified and re-certified more times than I can count since I was a teen and I still had it down pat. I'm due again soon and I'll be going in person again for a good refresher. Also be sure to check your state regs and make sure it would count if it's not a face to face class.
tymaboy 11:45 AM 05-04-2010
In my state we have to be CPR/First aide certified. They do not allow online training except for threw American Red Cross cuz after the course is completed then you go in & demonstrate everything before getting your card.
judytrickett 11:47 AM 05-04-2010
The CPR thing....I have taken it many times in the past and I was looking for an online class thinking,,,,meh....I've got this down.

Anyway, I couldn't find an online class so I went to the real deal. And Man, oh, man was I wrong. A LOT has changed and now I am glad I went and learned it in case I might need it one day.
Tags:cpr certified, first aid
Reply Up